Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

ilikepie

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2014-9-5}

Post by ilikepie »

Just sending Leaty more of my love on this, the most emotional day of the month, President's Day. Wishing you all the hugs and kisses and head-pats and back-rubs :3
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Image
"Please notice me, Leaty-senpai...."
Leaty

Scene Eighteen

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HoneyBakedHam

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

OMG Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes!

I've been waiting for this! Just wanted to comment my excitement of seeing this latest update before fully reading it.

EDIT: Ok, now for my thoughts:

Giving that the girl that Iwanako talked to in the Taka-Taka, Emi's biggest fan, I'm wouldn't be surprised if she found out about Emi getting suspended and kicked off the team due to what happened with Iwanako (as far as what happened when she visited in the hospital, can't say), so Iwanako's theory on that is very plausible.

Then again, it could just be because of how she still doesn't have the correct uniform. Seriously Yamaku, pricey as hell to get in, but can't get your hands on some uniforms for someone yet when it's almost been a week? Disappointed...

The third reason (again, yet another one Iwanako has thought of), could just be that everyone is afraid to even sneeze by her and not feel guilty if she died by their hands.

I did love the whole "what the hell is going on" scenarios with the odd behaviors and stares. Definitely makes you wanna hold Iwanako's hand and tell her that you're still here for her.

That could just be me, but whatever. I'm just glad my favorite what-if fanfic on here just recently added something to the story. :)
Last edited by HoneyBakedHam on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reese8

Post by Reese8 »

So, update... but April Fools or genuine? We shall see...

Curious...

I wonder who that really good freind she doesn't want to think about was? I may just be forgetting something, of course.

"LRC"
...Library Research Center?

So a real chapter, and a good one. :)
Nice to see the relationship progressing, among other things.

"Of course, getting to that scene would usually be a sign you're firmly fixed on the Hanako route, but this timeline doesn't have routes, so don't bother reading into it too much."
I think I'll go ahead and read into it anyway, lack of explicit routes or no. :)
brythain

Post by brythain »

I am so happy today that I have had the pleasure (oh yes, the extreme pleasure) of reading about people being executed for teapot larceny, boulders of gneiss, girls with messy/odd behaviours, things like that. And of course, the fateful encounter in Beanbagland. Thanks very, very much.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

I thought for sure it was an April Fool. Definitely got me.

Good news, the chapter quality is as high as ever, even without beta reading. I think Iwanako's inner monologue is getting stronger with each chapter you write, and it definitely shines here.

If I had only one grievance, it would be that there is a definite undercurrent of Pot Stirring™ going on amongst the various prosthetically-enabled students of Yamaku. If I have misinterpreted nonexistent breadcrumbs, then so be it, but personally I wouldn't have pegged the students of Yamaku to fall into such obvious cliques. Seems a little too "Sharks vs. Jets" for the established universe. snaps fingers

This, as I said before, doesn't apply if Molly and Taka-Taka were chosen for different reasons.

Hanako is Hanako. At this point she's more of a fixture in KS fanfic (and why neither she nor Lilly show up in the Kagami route). But she's portrayed true-to-form, per usual. I'd love it if she and Iwanako were to strike up a friendship while Iwanako finds someone else to satiate the more lurid side of her moe fetish. Alas, I veer too far into the realm of speculation.

Excellent work. I look forward to whatever comes next.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

For a moment there I was expecting it to go into some sort of April Fool's treatment of an H-scene right in the library (which would've been massively OOC for everyone involved, but it's April Fool's), but... holy crap, an actual new chapter!

I wondered if that was Taka-Taka. And, from what we've seen in Developments, I'd be surprised if that wasn't how she treated Iwanako.

Hanako's internal monologue is probably approaching panels 4 and 5 of this comic: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2927 (Unlike Claire, though, she's far, far too nice to actually say it.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

literally other every friend I’ve ever had, ever.)
word order
That isn’t to say the previous LRC was terrible, but
I have to say I'm unfamiliar with that acronym and a quick romp on google doesn't yield any options that make sense here...
“The one with the telepathic dragons was kind of grim, but I loved the other three.”
Pern? Grim? I thought it was pretty standard fantasy fare...
clinically-recommended level of awfulness.
She gives me a stare so blank I could print a resumé on it.
It's lines like those that make me love this story so very much!
In fact,..., the only part of this scene that was seriously planned ahead was the very first part, with Molly. (Did y'all remember she's in this fic? Not that I've written a scene with her in almost two years...)
Actually I did forget, but you did a good job of refreshing my memory in an unobtrusive way. I wish other authors would be as considerate after a long hiatus. Also glad to hear that you have more planned for her.
I'm prepared for some people to tell me that Iwanako and Hanako are hitting it off wayyyy too well and for others to yell at me for not having Iwanako and Hanako hug here.
Actually I thought it was pretty balanced. Realizing that she has been able to really help someone with their problems has to count for a lot for Hanako.
For those of you who didn't figure it out, that first-year student Iwanako spoke to in the lobby was Taka-Taka.
Count me among those... Even after you telling us, her reaction still puzzles me a bit…
I'd love it if she and Iwanako were to strike up a friendship while Iwanako finds someone else to satiate the more lurid side of her moe fetish. Alas, I veer too far into the realm of speculation.
I agree Hanako makes for a better friend than a romantic interest. Also iIrc Leaty has so far steadfastly refused to confirm there aregoing to be romantic interests at all in this story. If there were, Emi would be really interesting considering the rough start they got off on…
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
That isn’t to say the previous LRC was terrible, but
I have to say I'm unfamiliar with that acronym and a quick romp on google doesn't yield any options that make sense here...
Learning Resource Center is my guess. That's what my high school and college libraries were called.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

I haven't commented on the best switcheroo I've ever read :shock: ? not that I've read many
Well, time to fix that.

Throughout this story, I have gotten the distinct sense that Iwanako is kind of a bitch (even without her saying it herself), but I actually like that, since it gives the Yamaku-verse a bit of a new spin.
Interesting that everyone seems to hate her post-hospital. Should be interesting to see how that goes.
Also looking forward to the festival and how that plays out - who shall Iwanako be yuri-partenered with? Only time shall tell.

Long story short - keep doing what you're doing :D . I'll leave the criticism to people who can be bothered to check for typos 'n stuff.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Could always throw a curve ball and stick her with Arai. With her body so small and fragile now, it'd be interesring to see her with someone like Taro's size.
misiek100020

Post by misiek100020 »

Hell yeah! keep up the good work
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

As soon as I say ‘Ibarazaki,’ she seems to snap out of her thoughts and her head turns to face my own with enough torque to send her hair-fringe whipping out of her face for a moment, giving me a quick look at her ever-elusive right eye, which is awash with concern. “W-what happened to Emi?”

What on earth…? I can feel myself grimace in befuddlement.
I was as befuddled as Iwanako at this, given that there should be no connection between Emi and Hanako. However, should is a dreadful word, known to start both playground fights and international conflicts... so, I'll avoid further comment and hope that things are clarified down in later chapters.

Other than that, I enjoyed the awkward friendship developing between our two 'nakos. Given the way you take this, they could be very good for one another, or it could end a glorious train wreck. (That's assuming that the rails don't lead off into the Tezuka Zone or points east... :) )
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.