The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Negativedarke

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Negativedarke »

Why does everyone give Muto these sad backstories?

In Lilly's good end, at some point she offers to give Hisao a spongebath. Thankfully by this point he's taking better care of himself so she doesn't give him another heart attack.

Shizune and Lilly have some sort of way to communicate with each other without an intermediary. The reason I think this is the two of them used to be much closer and have "silly fun" together. But they stopped when they had their falling out.

Something that occasionally got brought up about Hanako elsewhere. How she dealt with the heat during the summer. She's not going to take a dip in the pool because there would be too many people, so no putting on a swimsuit. And she couldn't soak in the tub with a good book either because I'm assuming both the orphanage and Yamaku have shared bathrooms. So best I can figure is that if her room has AC, she cranks it.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
brythain

Post by brythain »

Negativedarke wrote:Why does everyone give Mutou these sad backstories?
Because he has a sad face, and imagining him different is either difficult or cynical.

My headcanon is that he's divorced. The cause of that divorce was that he and his wife had a stillborn child and each of them blamed themselves for it, so they moved apart. Now she lives in Hokkaido. He goes home to his staff apartment everyday and sips a little Scotch and, when he's not preparing lessons, he writes poetry and his memoirs. Occasionally, his niece Shizune comes over for a visit; he's actually quite good at JSL and signs very elegantly. He plays the cello as well; used to play the violin and once thought he'd be a concert pianist.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:Occasionally, [Mutou's] niece Shizune comes over for a visit...
I swear, brythain, especially after reading your latest ruminations about one of Emi and Hisao's kids falling for one of Kenji and Yuuko's, a couple hundred years in the future of AtD Japan is going to be nothing but disabled people with Habsburg jaws :wink:.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:
I swear, brythain, especially after reading your latest ruminations about one of Emi and Hisao's kids falling for one of Kenji and Yuuko's, a couple hundred years in the future of AtD Japan is going to be nothing but disabled people with Habsburg jaws :wink:.
No no no... it really doesn't work out that way in the end; it's just the community thing that tends to form around a common trait... and clearly, there's plenty of pollination from elsewhere! :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:his niece Shizune comes over for a visit; he's actually quite good at JSL and signs very elegantly. He plays the cello as well; used to play the violin and once thought he'd be a concert pianist.
Sometimes you scare me, man
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
brythain wrote:his niece Shizune comes over for a visit; he's actually quite good at JSL and signs very elegantly. He plays the cello as well; used to play the violin and once thought he'd be a concert pianist.
Sometimes you scare me, man
Just curious... have you read 'Pavane' in the Fanfic section? :D
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I dunno... Shizune, Lilly and Mutou all related? That's a bit too much of a coincidence for me :P
Negativedarke wrote:Why does everyone give Muto these sad backstories?
Because he seems to be the kind of character to live alone in a small rented place or he seems to have something constantly on his mind. I, personally, put that down Adult ADHD :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
I dunno... Shizune, Lilly and Mutou all related? That's a bit too much of a coincidence for me :P
It's only ONE coincidence. Lilly has no choice, that she's related must be canon. :D
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

My headcanon is that Brythain is Mutou.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Leaty wrote:My headcanon is that Brythain is Mutou.
So would that make Silentcook Nomiya?
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
brythain

Post by brythain »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
Leaty wrote:My headcanon is that Brythain is Mutou.
So would that make Silentcook Nomiya?
Oh, Leaty! :shock: (Edit: on second thought, that's far better than the person who thought I was secretly Kenji. :D )

I think of Silentcook as the unnamed Principal. Once in a while, he looks at Mutou, shakes his head and silently walks away...
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Shit's getting pretty Meta :lol:

I call dibs on Takashi!
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

My one bit of headcanon regarding Mutou is that he has an old Toyota that he's driven for years and that still runs great. It's an old hatchback, blue and sort of boxy.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

emmjay wrote:My one bit of headcanon regarding Mutou is that he has an old Toyota that he's driven for years and that still runs great. It's an old hatchback, blue and sort of boxy.
I have a similar headcanon, except that by 2024, it's a battered old Honda Civic, dark blue. The Toyota finally gave way in 2010 and he traded it in as part payment for the Honda. :)
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:
emmjay wrote:My one bit of headcanon regarding Mutou is that he has an old Toyota that he's driven for years and that still runs great. It's an old hatchback, blue and sort of boxy.
I have a similar headcanon, except that by 2024, it's a battered old Honda Civic, dark blue. The Toyota finally gave way in 2010 and he traded it in as part payment for the Honda. :)
The specificity of the headcanons you people come up. WHYYY
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote