A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Negativedarke wrote:
Megumeru wrote: ...you missed the joke, but ok :lol:
Nah, just ignored it.

Speaking of ignoring, anyone else think Shizune has ignored Kenji on occasion? Or was she truly unaware he was there?
Nah, Shizune wouldn't ignore him. She is bestgirl, after all. She's quite observant and unlikely to ignore someone if they're doing something wrong.
Besides, she's class president, I'd assume it'd be beyond her to ignore someone at that level of authority :P
My headcanon is that she has a soft spot for Kenji. Kenji has shown that he can be dedicated to a job when called upon (remember the sign-painting in 3-2?) and that he genuinely does have Hisao's welfare at heart no matter how loony he sounds. That's not so different from Shizune. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Rhodri wrote:(“I’m just stuck with her I guess”)
Ahhh, you made the same mistake I did! It's "I", not "I'm". Huge difference.
Munchenhausen wrote:She's quite observant and unlikely to ignore someone if they're doing something wrong.
Besides, she's class president, I'd assume it'd be beyond her to ignore someone at that level of authority :P
I felt like she delegated concern of that sort to the various Class Reps, and what with that one's being Lilly, he had an extra layer of insulation from Shizune.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

On top of all that, even the students at Yamaku treat each others' disabilities seriously. No one made fun of Hanako or even really seemed to notice when she left class, I assume there is a similar mindset about Kenji and his insane ramblings.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

BMFJack wrote:On top of all that, even the students at Yamaku treat each others' disabilities seriously. No one made fun of Hanako[...]
The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence~
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Munchenhausen wrote:
BMFJack wrote:On top of all that, even the students at Yamaku treat each others' disabilities seriously. No one made fun of Hanako[...]
I remembered Lily once told Hisao that just because it's a school for handicapped students doesn't mean that there aren't any cliques. On no one noticing Hanako's absence, the class probably thinks that since Mutou's not making a fuss about it, they shouldn't too.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

BMFJack wrote:On top of all that, even the students at Yamaku treat each others' disabilities seriously. No one made fun of Hanako or even really seemed to notice when she left class, I assume there is a similar mindset about Kenji and his insane ramblings.
Except his ramblings have nothing to do with being disabled, and a lot to do with being a loony toon. :lol: Just pray Kenji never takes a trip to America where someone like Glenn Beck could get hold of him...
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

YZQ wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
I remembered Lily once told Hisao that just because it's a school for handicapped students doesn't mean that there aren't any cliques. On no one noticing Hanako's absence, the class probably thinks that since Mutou's not making a fuss about it, they shouldn't too.
Could also be a case of everyone giving a wide berth around the weird girl.

Speaking of cliques, it's always been my idea that students that tend to have the same family of disabilities hang out together. This includes any students at the school that are for sure or potentially are terminally ill.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Atario

Post by Atario »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Speaking of cliques, it's always been my idea that students that tend to have the same family of disabilities hang out together. This includes any students at the school that are for sure or potentially are terminally ill.
"Death Club meets on Tuesdays, see you there!"
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

YZQ wrote:On no one noticing Hanako's absence, the class probably thinks that since Mutou's not making a fuss about it, they shouldn't too.
I wouldn't necessarily say that... That seems a bit too simple minded for teenagers.
I put it down to the rest of the class being used to Hanako leaving sporadically. Maybe at first they watched her go or asked questions, but after so long it becomes just another thing that they know Hanako has trouble with.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Atario wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:Speaking of cliques, it's always been my idea that students that tend to have the same family of disabilities hang out together. This includes any students at the school that are for sure or potentially are terminally ill.
Not quite an extracurricular club, but yeah, something like that.

I spent a long time recovering in a children's hospital when I was a young teenager. During social times when we didn't have therapy, you would almost always see people with the same conditions or ailments hanging out with each other.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
"We're the Death Squad!"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Req

Post by Req »

Atario wrote:

not Suicide Squad... yeesh.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Req wrote:
Atario wrote:

not Suicide Squad... yeesh.
Isn't that a group of supervillains though?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Req

Post by Req »

that's part of the joke, yes. I dunno, I wouldn't think it all that odd that a group of kids who have similar diseases that will drastically reduce their quality of life long before death's release would want to end it before things got so bad they'd need someone to dress/wash/wipe for them. drawing support from each other and the knowledge that even as they slowly lose control of their bodies, they will ensure that each has control over that one last decision.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Req wrote:that's part of the joke, yes. I dunno, I wouldn't think it all that odd that a group of kids who have similar diseases that will drastically reduce their quality of life long before death's release would want to end it before things got so bad they'd need someone to dress/wash/wipe for them. drawing support from each other and the knowledge that even as they slowly lose control of their bodies, they will ensure that each has control over that one last decision.
Agreed.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself