The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by YZQ »

As a note, before ISIS got tangled into the Syrian crisis, there was a (female) Japanese reporter who was killed in the area while reporting on the conflict. That was when I first had the idea.
brythain wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Okay, let's move away from Syria and the horrible attrocities of life and on to sounder, more pleasant things.

My headcanon is that Rin's art takes off for a few years, but eventually stops selling.
She and Hisao live in a grimy apartment somewhere in the city. Rin keeps asking why she can't paint for money, like she used to do, but Hisao is becoming increasingly frustrated and begging her to stop painting and to do something actually productive that will bring some more money in to the household, since his science-based prospects fell flat when he left University to help Rin's work and the shitty forklift job he has is barely covering the rent.
And the rent is due and Rin's pregnant, and the Yakuza are politely inquiring as to whether the couple might see a way of debt settlement that involves the soul of the firstborn. See? I can do gritty urban dystopia with fantasy tropes too. :D
Does the yakuza do baby transactions? Well, considering Japan's fertility rate, I guess anything goes...

Hisao as a minimum wage worker: ouch.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Eurobeatjester wrote:So I did a little research regarding burn scars and pregnancies. It's not very common, but it's not unheard of.
I feel quite stupid, because at first I thought you were researching into if Burn Scars were hereditary :lol:
brythain wrote:[...]See? I can do gritty urban dystopia with fantasy tropes too. :D
We're not so different, you and I ;)
Atario wrote:Welp. Lemme just nip off and shoot meself now.
With a head cannon! :D
*Universal Pun Groan*
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
brythain wrote:[...]See? I can do gritty urban dystopia with fantasy tropes too. :D
We're not so different, you and I ;)
Must be something to do with being Brit. Now all I have to do is figure out a story in which there's this wheezing groaning sound and Mutou appears on their doorstep to offer them a strange bargain...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

And now for something completely different...

I don't recall a given name for Hachisame -- I've always assumed it was Mako.

When Hisao brings her home in her [very] hypothetical good end, Mrs. Nakai freaks out. However, Mr. Nakai just goes "Oh. I've met your father. He consults for our company's legal department."

:)
Last edited by Oscar Wildecat on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

On the topic of questionable characters, my headcanon is that Katawako was the result of a seriously katawa'd shoujo that came in and needed obviously VERY special attention. Nurse couldn't bare to see her in her deafblind, senseless world and decided to do something about it. Him and his best bud, Mutou, decided to team up.

With Nurse's medical knowhow and Mutou's scientific prowess, they rebuilt her. They improved her. Rather than give her four prosthetics and bionic eyes/ears and whatnot, they somehow accidentally gave her overpowering Psychic abilities.

They knew they had tampered with things beyond their control and had created something that should never be. It was M. Shelley's Frankenstein all over again.

However, long story short, she is an upstanding student and is free to glide through the halls and attend classes. Everybody admires her and wants to be her friend.
Hisao is fucking terrified of her, though.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

And she's bisexual
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

You'll excuse me if I reject any of these horribly depressing and angsty things for my headcanon.

I think Rin will still find modest financial sucess with her art. She'll somehow end up with it being popular for a soft drink manufacturer putting it on her label, something that puzzles her to no end, but since they seem to appreciate it...

Kenji will actually help Yuuko's archeology career. Somehow he'll keep suggesting places to look at and things to investigate that keep yeilding discoveries. And she tends to get grants because whenever she doesn't the board has to deal with him ranting about how it's a goddamn conspiracy.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Here's a Saki headcannon what I kinda like:

Saki is seen by most of the students as a pretty cold-hearted bitch, with the exceptions of Chisato and Noriko (who are now headcannon for me. Thanks for that, EBJ :D ). This is in order to try and prevent too many people from getting attached to her. If somebody manages to push past that, however, she actually turns out to be one of the most loyal and caring people at Yamaku.

Also, after her (hypothetical) good end, she and Hisao attend the same university. Her condition begins to deteriorate severely afterwards, which results in Hisao finally getting the balls to propose to his now long-term girlfriend. She accepts, and they both attempt to get the wedding sorted as quickly as possible, since Saki is determined to walk down the isle (which she does, with a bit of help from maiden-of-honour Chisato).
I subscribe to the "Saki's dad died of cancer" headcanon, which is why it's Chisato who walks her down the isle (I dunno how weddings work :P )
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Negativedarke wrote:You'll excuse me if I reject any of these horribly depressing and angsty things for my headcanon.
No happy head canon for you! Today we are in Fucked Up Ville, twined with Ridiculous City and Feels-upon-Uczucie.

Should Hisao make certain decisions in his first week (eg snaps at Shizune and Misha in class) and makes it through the manly picnic without taking the fast way down, he finds that his troubles are only just beginning. Nursing a hangover, he turns up to class next day to find that word has spread round that he is a complete and utter jerk. The whole of 3-3 saw him snap at Shizune and Misha, the literature club saw him scare off Hanako, he sided against Lilly in the argument between her and Shizune, Emi is mouthing off about him to the rest of the track team and Rin got ticked off by him when Nomiya showed up (“I’m just stuck with her I guess”)

Friendless and his grades slipping, Hisao’s depression gets worse until Lilly decides to give him a second chance at friendship. While this helps him at first, doubt creeps into his mind by thinking that he has fallen into the same category as Hanako; a pitiful broken person that needs to be protected. Despite the seed being planted, Hisao tries to keep it out of mind as the friendship he has with Lilly and Hanako is one of the few things he has left….that is until Lilly leaves for Scotland permanently and Hanako looking herself away in her room again. With his world crumbling, Hisao comes to a conclusion that he is going through the same thing as when he was in hospital: his friends abandoning him.

Refusing to let that happen again, he tries to spend time with Hanako. Just when you think that you’re about to have the Hanako bad end, Hisao instead is the one to start yelling out of desperation, which sends her into a massive panic attack. If that was bad enough, half of the female dorm witnesses the one sided yelling match. Miki and several other girls promptly kick him out of the dorm.

With no reason to remain at Yamaku, Hisao returns home for summer. With his parents swamped by work commitments, they barely spend any time with him and encounters with his old friends and Iwanako confirm that there is no chance at reconnecting with them. As the summer goes by, his mood gets worse and worse.

The start of the Winter term fares no better for him as the whole school has learned what happened in the dorms with Hanako, who has now gone down the path of ‘the happy pills’ as seen in the beta. If any of his fellow students liked him before, they sure don’t now. Made a pariah, he becomes a victim of physical, verbal and mental bullying, even more so when his condition becomes public knowledge. Completely despondent and feeling that he has nothing left, he goes for a walk to the worry tree with a belt after he vomits up his pills when trying to OD.

And now to make up for that, I give you kittens.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Rhodri, Jesus fucking Christ...

The worst part of that headcanon is that every single person at Yamaku is apparently an irrational piece of shit. As if none of them ever got fed up with Shizune and Misha's hounding or annoyed by Rin or accidentally sent Hanako scurrying. What a bunch of jerks. I hope Hisao burnt the school down before he went to hang himself. I hope they're all dead.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Yeah, living by yourself with no social contact with people outside of workhours and an overactive imagination does start messing your head up after three years
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Yeaaah... Some people just seem to love misery so much I'm amazed they don't break their own legs on purpose.

Also if Hisao wanted to commit suicide with a tree he doesn't need to go through the bother of hanging himself. Just neglect his pills for a few days, go to a secluded part of the woods, and run into a tree. Instant heart attack.

Now going back to before most of the cast was even born... I think one of two things was said when either Jigoro married Shizune's mother, or when Lilly's parents got married, depending on which came first. It was Lilly's grandfather one of the following to his son.
"Remember how upset we were when you married a forigner? Now it doesn't seem so bad."
or
"After Jigoro your Scottish girl looks really good."
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Thanks for that Rhodri, I thought I was feeling a bit too cheerful today. I could see that happening, at least as one of the many potential outcomes of a manly picnic survival.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

All these horrible stories you guys come up with :cry:

My headcanon is summed up by these two images by Mike Inel and Doomfest (click for larger versions):
[shimmie]1034[/shimmie]
brythain

Post by brythain »

300BillionDegrees wrote:All these horrible stories you guys come up with :cry:

My headcanon is summed up by these two images...
And those are absolutely lovely images to sum things up with. I have nice mental images of Rin too; she's a favourite of mine.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)