The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oscar Wildecat

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Munchenhausen wrote: I dunno about you lot, but that'd dampen the ending for me. One thing that scares and repulses me more than anything is having a child.
I had two scares before I was kicked out of school, and ever since, the concept of having a child is one that terrifies me to the very bone.
If there ever was a YMMV subject, it would be ... well a lot of things; but, having children is definitely on the list. So much so that some people will spend significant sums of money to avoid having kids, while others will spend equally large sums of money to have a child of their own.

That said, I am glad that they removed the explicit "pregnant Hanako" ending -- while Good-End Hanako and Hisao would make great parents at some point in their relationship, nine months into it would be asking a bit much.

(I do like the muffin shop homage to the planned ending however. That was clever.)
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Negativedarke wrote:Shizune- While she might be a bit reckless about where they do it, I don't think Shizune is going to take any risks on pregnancy. She'll be on birth control until she feels that everything is right and she wants to have a baby. She might even tell Hisao before she starts trying.
How generous of her! :shock:

Cue the pregnancy-test-meme images…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:
Negativedarke wrote:Shizune- While she might be a bit reckless about where they do it, I don't think Shizune is going to take any risks on pregnancy. She'll be on birth control until she feels that everything is right and she wants to have a baby. She might even tell Hisao before she starts trying.

"Congratulations, Hisao, we've successfully become parents together!"
"What? WAIT WHAT?!"
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Steinherz wrote: "Originally it was planned to be explicitly shown in Hanako's Good Ending that she was pregnant; It's still somewhat present in the final version (despite the condom use), implied by a literal metaphor, the final shot showing them looking into a bakery where there are actual buns in the oven."
I dunno about you lot, but that'd dampen the ending for me. One thing that scares and repulses me more than anything is having a child.
I had two scares before I was kicked out of school, and ever since, the concept of having a child is one that terrifies me to the very bone.
Negativedarke wrote:She might even tell Hisao before she starts trying.
As a result of the above, this also send shivers down my spine. She might tell him? God fucking damn :lol:
Considering Hisao had a near fatal heart attack the first time a girl confessed to him, Hanako telling him she was pregnant at the end of her route would cause Hisao to drop dead instantly.

I think Hanako would need a thorough medical examination, and possibly more surgery, before she got pregnant. Scarred skin doesn't behave normally, including stretching. Hisao mentions that the scar tissue on the right side of her body moves differently and is much more rigid than on her unburned half, and from the CG it's clear to see the burns extend all the way to (and a little bit past) the centerline of her navel. I'm curious if the typical stretching in that area that occurs with pregnancy might cause some unforseen issues.

Regarding Molly - I had always thought that Molly was proof of the school's ability to accept students in need because of scholarships or qualifying, even if they have lower income. It's never really stated in the story how Yamaku is funded, or if the parents have to pay to have their children go there like a private university would. It's implied (and my headcannon) that the Hakamichis and the Satous are some of the wealthier contributors.

The reason I think this is because Molly's prosthetics seem to be more functional than elegant, like Emi's. That style of artificial leg is pretty much the bare minimum you can get (granted, they're most likely titanium but they're just a rod, with no external shape to look like a real leg or for socks/stockings to cling to.

Because of this, I don't think Molly's family is as "rich" as some of the other students at Yamaku, despite the usually accepted idea that exchange/foreign students have money by default.

Emi's legs probably came from a chunk of her dad's life insurance policy or through Nurse's connections.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Hanako with a child...Oh boy. Hopefully she doesn't die in a fire. ^_^
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Atario wrote:

You mean these? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Steinherz wrote:You mean these? :lol:
[Bacon's in the Oven.jpg]
that second panel
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Until I read it in this thread I did not know there was a sizable population of people of Indian descent in Japan. I assumed that she was an exchange student. So I may be wrong. Doesn't stop Kenji from thinking that though.

As for the muffins from Hanako's good ending, I was always in the school of thought that they signified her and Hisao being able to just enjoy simple things in life together. But I did see the theory on TVTropes, so I felt it best if I refferenced it.

Also if Hanako can't safely go through pregnancy there is one other option I can see her and Hisao considering if they want a child. Adoption.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
brythain

Post by brythain »

Negativedarke wrote:Until I read it in this thread I did not know there was a sizable population of people of Indian descent in Japan. I assumed that she was an exchange student. So I may be wrong. Doesn't stop Kenji from thinking that though.
While there may be roughly 1000 Indians in Kobe, there are also 1.5m people living there, so it is enough for a community, but it's not huge.

(Edit: was thinking about this for a while, went to look it up... total foreign population (all sources) in Japan is about 1.6%; very, very low indeed — mostly Chinese, Korean.)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Negativedarke wrote:Also if Hanako can't safely go through pregnancy there is one other option I can see her and Hisao considering if they want a child. Adoption.
You say that as if there are loads of other options :lol:
One thing they'd need to keep in mind is how difficult foster children can be. I can understand why Hanako would want to adopt a child, and honestly it's bloody obvious, but they'd need to be very careful with whom they adopt. These kids can be very troubled depending on why they're up for adoption.

I can't imagine Hanako would do very well with some poor kid who had been abused since birth.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Negativedarke wrote:Also if Hanako can't safely go through pregnancy there is one other option I can see her and Hisao considering if they want a child. Adoption.
You say that as if there are loads of other options :lol:
One thing they'd need to keep in mind is how difficult foster children can be. I can understand why Hanako would want to adopt a child, and honestly it's bloody obvious, but they'd need to be very careful with whom they adopt. These kids can be very troubled depending on why they're up for adoption.

I can't imagine Hanako would do very well with some poor kid who had been abused since birth.
In Japan, adoptions of this kind require both parents to be at least 25 years old. If the child has no blood ties to the adoptive parents, it's a 'special adoption' and all those with legal custody of the child must consent to the adoption. In fact, a person with a legal claim to custody can file a form that prevents the child from ever being adopted. The district of registration can still adjudicate adverse claims.

In 'regular adoption', one of the adoptive parents has blood ties to the adopted child, normally by descent. In other words, a grandparent can adopt a grandchild if the situation requires it.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Munchenhausen wrote:I can't imagine Hanako would do very well with some poor kid who had been abused since birth.
There was actually a Hanako epilogue written like three or four years ago where Hanako becomes a counselor to abused children. There's a lot I dislike about that fic--for one thing, it is glurgy as fuuuuuuck--but I thought most of the social work content was pretty smart and in-character for Hanako.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Leaty wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:I can't imagine Hanako would do very well with some poor kid who had been abused since birth.
There was actually a Hanako epilogue written like three or four years ago where Hanako becomes a counselor to abused children. There's a lot I dislike about that fic--for one thing, it is glurgy as fuuuuuuck--but I thought most of the social work content was pretty smart and in-character for Hanako.
A little glurge, true. But an interesting read. Needs editing of the Mirage type. :)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

For a while, I actually had this idea of Hanako as a social worker who finds herself in Turkey/Syria, helping the Syrian refugees.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Combining headcanons about Hanako as a Social Worker and Journalist: She ends up working for one of the NGOs (e.g Human Rights Watch) that are advocating for reforms to the Japanese alternative care systems.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.