Rin's footwear

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

toast

Re: Rin's footwear

Post by toast »

Caesius wrote:Those kinda of shoes are uncomfortable enough even without the toes.
Not to mention you would look kinda retarded wearing them
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

doesn't rin go barefoot most of the time?
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

So far as I can recall, the only time we saw her feet was when Hisao interrupted her lunch while fetching festival supplies from the art room (CG). In that case, she was barefoot because she was in the process of eating. Every other time, it's just the conversational upper body image from standard dialog. Barefoot any other time than when she's using her feet, I imagine, would be discomforting - stones in the pavement, wet sod, black asphalt in the sun. You get the idea.

Looking at the CGs now, however, I noticed we do see her in the final CG, in which case she's wearing normal shoes while Emi feeds her cup o' ramen. That being said, she does seem to be wearing those shoes rather loose.

I imagine flip-flops would be the most likely thing she would wear. Perhaps custom made ones designed to give more support or a pair of sneakers (etc) designed to be slid out of rather than unlaced.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Yeah, it would've been more iffy if she had been wearing boots like those Emi is wearing.

But damn, striped stockings and cute boots? Emi is stylin' for someone who doesn't have lower legs.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Caesius wrote:Yeah, it would've been more iffy if she had been wearing boots like those Emi is wearing.

But damn, striped stockings and cute boots? Emi is stylin' for someone who doesn't have lower legs.
She's pushing a "Where's Waldo" (or Wanda, to be genderly accurate) look there if those stockings were to match her coat. Considering Emi is a runner, she could probably pull it off too. That, or she could 'batman' you. There one second, you look away for an instant and she's gone when you look up.

(in the distance) *tap* *tap* *tap* *tap*

Then again... maybe not.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

darkblade986 wrote:So far as I can recall, the only time we saw her feet was when Hisao interrupted her lunch while fetching festival supplies from the art room (CG). In that case, she was barefoot because she was in the process of eating. Every other time, it's just the conversational upper body image from standard dialog. Barefoot any other time than when she's using her feet, I imagine, would be discomforting - stones in the pavement, wet sod, black asphalt in the sun. You get the idea..

I have my doubts on this. People walked barefoot in the stone age and back then there was still sticks and spiky rocks to worry about. it's that in our time we ware shoes so our feet aren't conditioned to walking on things unlike Rin who would have to have pretty tough feet.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

ubergeneral wrote:
I have my doubts on this. People walked barefoot in the stone age and back then there was still sticks and spiky rocks to worry about. it's that in our time we ware shoes so our feet aren't conditioned to walking on things unlike Rin who would have to have pretty tough feet.
So, you are basically saying that the 'epic footjob' many people are waiting for will be done with feet made of sandpaper?
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

ITT we assume people only have one pair of shoes that they use, ever.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

delta wrote:ITT we assume people only have one pair of shoes that they use, ever.
It is much cheaper to use carton anyway.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
UnKreativ

Post by UnKreativ »

Deimos wrote:
ubergeneral wrote:
So, you are basically saying that the 'epic footjob' many people are waiting for will be done with feet made of sandpaper?
I think she would want to avoid walking barefoot all the time since she's using her feet as we do our hands... I wouldn't want to pick up my food without washing my hands if they were touching the ground all day... (Yeah, even if the people in the stone age didn't care about that.)
"The end of the world as we know it. Like weekends usually are, but more dire. Much more dire."
- Rin Tezuka
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

delta wrote:ITT we assume people only have one pair of shoes that they use, ever.
Anime characters have only one outfit of clothes they wear ever, too.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

UnKreativ wrote: I think she would want to avoid walking barefoot all the time since she's using her feet as we do our hands... I wouldn't want to pick up my food without washing my hands if they were touching the ground all day... (Yeah, even if the people in the stone age didn't care about that.)
People in the Neolithic wore some kind of shoes - strips of leather or something like that. And last time I checked the Neolithic was part of the the Stone Age and that would make the whole 'Stone Age Argument' invalid.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

ubergeneral wrote:
darkblade986 wrote:So far as I can recall, the only time we saw her feet was when Hisao interrupted her lunch while fetching festival supplies from the art room (CG). In that case, she was barefoot because she was in the process of eating. Every other time, it's just the conversational upper body image from standard dialog. Barefoot any other time than when she's using her feet, I imagine, would be discomforting - stones in the pavement, wet sod, black asphalt in the sun. You get the idea..

I won't deny that point, however, consider her condition in today's time. She'd still be wearing shoes, and she wouldn't walk around barefoot outside simply because society doesn't have us doing that often. I won't say that her feet probably aren't a little more 'worn' than an average person's foot, but I don't think her feet are stone age worn. We have likely evolved away from tough feet, so she'll still have the feet of a regular person.

There's also the case that, as I said about society, our environments are, more or less, designed for average use (i.e., shoes). Waxed floors are slippery as hell already on rubber sole shoes - I doubt skin grips any better. Black asphalt specifically fits this as well - they didn't have asphalt in the stone age. It was made to be hard, solid, and provide grip. As a trade-off, it conducts heat, which is easily overcome by the fact that we wear shoes. Even if she could actually go without shoes, it would suit her better to have some kind of foot cover.
☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:
Deimos wrote:
UnKreativ wrote: I think she would want to avoid walking barefoot all the time since she's using her feet as we do our hands... I wouldn't want to pick up my food without washing my hands if they were touching the ground all day... (Yeah, even if the people in the stone age didn't care about that.)
People in the Neolithic wore some kind of shoes - strips of leather or something like that. And last time I checked the Neolithic was part of the the Stone Age and that would make the whole 'Stone Age Argument' invalid.
I suppose 'stone age' isn't an appropriate term then, but you get the idea.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:
Anime characters have only one outfit of clothes they wear ever, too.
I know that at least when I was learning French, my teacher told me that in some European countries people have only a few of outfits, but they wear them well.
静音是买外夫
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Since she wears a boy's uniform, does she also wear boy's shoes/sandals/whatever?