The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Negativedarke

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Negativedarke »

I don't thing Rin's parents would be onboard with putting her under so much pressure that she starts substance abuse and other destructive behavior, making her even more emotionally messed up, and probably driving her to suicide by the time she's 25. The thing that makes Nomiya a douche is that he seems to have started prioritizing making the Art Crowds new darling over what is actually in Rin's best interest. After he's already had a friend in a similer situation commit suicide. Oh sure she'll be a famous artist. But she'll be utterly misserable until she commits suicide or ODs. And then she'll be one of those famous tragic dead artists everyone laments died young because who knows what more they could have done if they'd lived?

Now some more of my headcannon about how the girls get married to Hisao.

Shizune- They don't think they will ever get Jigoro's approval so they elope. Thing is Jigoro approves of that, and comments there might be some hope for Hisao as a man after all.

Lilly- Actually won't be too much of a problem. Her parents will need to get over any lingering feelings about him causing her to stay in Japan, and they might have some fears about her being widowed at a young age, but in the end I think they'll come around. For one thing I'm pretty sure they married out of love themselves.

Rin- I think she'll wonder why they have to get married since they will already be living together and everything. But she'll go through with it to make everyone happy.

Hanako- I see them getting engaged, and possibly married while still in college. It'd be a small private civil ceramony with just Hisao's parents, and their closest friends like Lilly and Akira. Kenji will be the best man, if he can behave himself. Though due to the original plans for her ending, I kinda suspect they might have had a little accident beforehand.

Oh and speaking of Kenji, he knows the student council is made up of ninjas. How does he know? He keeps catching them making hand seals.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I can see Rin getting married simply because it would make it easier for them to share a bank account, or something similar.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote: I prefer the more consistent line that Rin's parents are supportive in the sense that they don't mind Rin being thrust into an artistic career — because they are artists themselves. That's why they never show up despite being supportive etc. They're only too glad to let Nomiya take the responsibility for a more structured education which they would never themselves be able to design. Nomiya's not a murderous type; he's the passionate kind of teacher who is a little tone-deaf when it comes to hearing how he sounds to others.
Speaking of her parents, I have a headcanon of my own.

Rin's parents are those who are 'supportive' in a sense that they'll fund her for what she needs, and that's it. Both of them are often abroad or are working up until late at night, giving Rin as little attention as possible--the fact that she's disabled 'irked' them a bit more than normal, thus they almost rarely see each other eye to eye, a fact Rin has gotten used to.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

Eurobeatjester wrote:I can see Rin getting married simply because it would make it easier for them to share a bank account, or something similar.
Because it's hell for her to use her ATM card. She can do it, but every time she does, people think it's performance art. Irritates her because they crowd the ATM to watch her. And she has a lot of money from her parents and from art sales, because she hardly spends any of it and her education is fully paid for by scholarship. :D
Megumeru wrote:Rin's parents are those who are 'supportive' in a sense that they'll fund her for what she needs, and that's it. Both of them are often abroad or are working up until late at night, giving Rin as little attention as possible--the fact that she's disabled 'irked' them a bit more than normal, thus they almost rarely see each other eye to eye, a fact Rin has gotten used to.
Yes, they're both artists, one a sculptor and one a painter (or, haha, a video game designer). Or perhaps an actor and a puppeteer. They work in separate studios at opposite ends of the house in Tsushima. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Charmant wrote:
BMFJack wrote:but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
Every time Hisao has a heart attack and survives, he Hulks out.
"Don't make me arrhythmic. You wouldn't like me when I'm arrhythmic."
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Eurobeatjester wrote:I can see Rin getting married simply because it would make it easier for them to share a bank account, or something similar.
I can't see anything so mundane and obvious concerning Rin too much. I bet she keeps all her money in a big sock.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mittens. She keeps her money in mittens, because people keep giving them to her as a mean joke.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

bhtooefr wrote:Mittens. She keeps her money in mittens, because people keep giving them to her as a mean joke.
That is...Oddly cute. :lol:
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:Mittens. She keeps her money in mittens, because people keep giving them to her as a mean joke.
Wouldn't happen in Japan. But what would happen is that she keeps her money in stockings, because people keep giving them to her and she doesn't wear them!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

stockings and mittens would be pretty unlikely though since it will make that 'kaching' noise when moved around.

Coins are dominant afterall

Which actually got me wondering before on how she would go and buy things from konbini or vending machines, but I assume Emi is there to assist.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Megumeru wrote:stockings and mittens would be pretty unlikely though since it will make that 'kaching' noise when moved around.

Which actually got me wondering before on how she would go and buy things from konbini or vending machines, but I assume Emi is there to assist.
Coin-wise, she likely has one of those dispensers you can clip to your belt with a cup to catch them. She's dexterous enough with her feet to pluck them out and insert them, I imagine. For bills...she probably just paints her own on the spot :wink:.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:
Megumeru wrote:stockings and mittens would be pretty unlikely though since it will make that 'kaching' noise when moved around.

Coin-wise, she likely has one of those dispensers you can clip to your belt with a cup to catch them. She's dexterous enough with her feet to pluck them out and insert them, I imagine. For bills...she probably just paints her own on the spot :wink:.
Maybe she keeps bitcoins in her armbits. And she keeps a wallet or billfold strapped to one foot that she can get money out of with her other foot... :D

I actually have a scene somewhere where Rin swipes a stored-value card with one foot, then stashes the card and collects her goods.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

I was thinking she might just use a Suica card or app somehow?
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Looks like NFC payment tech has been available in Japan for over a decade: https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/inf ... doc_34.pdf

Can a phone used for NFC payment in Japan be used without interacting with it? Because in that case, she could just velcro a phone to an armbit, and lean against the payment terminal to pay.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I had a one shot idea that I didn't end up writing where Rin's uncle (or possible her father, I hadn't decided which yet) makes a point of giving Rin a box of disposable gloves every year with her Christmas presents.

Hisao is the one that opens up the present for her one year and finds this, not knowing about the tradition and thinks somebody is insulting her or playing a mean joke. Rin explains (as best she can) that the gloves are meant to remind her that she can do the same things everyone else can ... just differently. She illustrates this to Hisao by managing to get one of the gloves on her feet (showing that she can wear gloves although not very well). When Hisao if she's actually going to use them she tells him that she's going to do the same thing that everybody else does with disposable gloves. She's going to dispose of them.

Hisao just takes this as proof that her family is weird too.
Not Dead Yet