The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BMFJack

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by BMFJack »

Or in Emi/Lilly's case, not so subtly.
Munchenhausen wrote:He was called out to a vehicular collision one drizzly evening, and tasked himself with calming down and treating the driver of one of the cars. He wound up making a deal with the casualty, promising to look after their daughter if he weren't to make it.
He's been looking out for Emi ever since.
I'm stealing this as my own headcanon for Nurse, btw.

I think consciously pairing Hisao and Kenji is a good idea. I mean sure Kenji is a bit dangerous for Hisao, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

I don't think Kenji knows about Hisao's condition canonically, but I'm going with FelOnyx here and saying that, one way or another, he knows.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Negativedarke wrote:If at some point Lily's father complains about Hisao as a potential son in law Lily's mother will point out that he's a lot better than Jigoro.
Also, I believe that they think better of Hisao than Akira's "boy toy". (For some reason, I imagine that Akira wears the pants literally in that relationship...)
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Negativedarke wrote:Emi actually is a pirate. She's pirated downloads.
You wouldn't download a cripple...

Rin's parents died in the same accident that took Emi's dad away.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Charmant wrote:
You wouldn't download a cripple...

Rin's parents died in the same accident that took Emi's dad away.
But Rin's parents are mentioned as being alive and supportive of her :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

emmjay wrote:Just a small one: Hanako knows Braille. Just seems to make sense for an avid reader whose best friend is blind.
I definitely think this is true (Hanako leaves a note for Lilly in Braille in Developments). Additionally, my headcanon says there's a class for it at Yamaku just as there is for sign language.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

At some point after Yamaku, Shizune, Misha and Lilly find themselves in Wales and happen upon one of the few people that communicates exclusively through Welsh and strike up a conversion with him through a bilingual speaker. The whole conversation starting from the Welsh speaker goes through his bilingual compatriot for him to translate English, which Lilly translates to Japanese for Misha, who finally brings Shizune up to speed through JSL. Good luck keeping that up after a few pints of SA.

Thank you Hot Fuzz
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Atario

Post by Atario »

I want to believe this so much. But I can't see Emi having the patience to learn anything close to what's needed for this.
Steinherz wrote:But Rin's parents are mentioned as being alive and supportive of her :lol:
Tsk, tsk. Remember, headcanon takes precedence over actual facts
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

BMFJack wrote:...but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
Oh yeah, there's a wonderful motto for a school for the disabled...
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

BMFJack wrote:[...] but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
I'm trying my best to avoid a tasteless joke about landmines, here.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

BMFJack wrote:but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
Every time Hisao has a heart attack and survives, he Hulks out.
Steinherz wrote:But Rin's parents are mentioned as being alive and supportive of her :lol:
Defense mechanism and/or false information. :P Also, I have truthiness on my side so...
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

No, after every heart attack Hisao is weak as a kitten.

And I am definitively going with Rin's parents being alive, supportive, and all around good parents. It's helps set her apart from the other girls. I also believe that when they found out what the pressure Nomiya was putting her under was doing to her, they tore him a new one.

Though if you want to go with the darker Rin's parents are dead, how about saying Nomiya murdered them in order to mold their daughter into the perfect artist?

Now on a cheerier note, Emi and Hisao get married earlier than planned. Emi gets a little reckless with the birth control, and gets knocked up, so they get hitched before they are through college. Incidently this is just like happened with Emi's parents.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

There's one fic where "a little reckless" meant "she stopped taking it and lied to Hisao about it", when they weren't really ready for kids yet and knew it.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

bhtooefr wrote:There's one fic where "a little reckless" meant "she stopped taking it and lied to Hisao about it", when they weren't really ready for kids yet and knew it.
This is my greatest nightmare in one sentence.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Negativedarke wrote:And I am definitively going with Rin's parents being alive, supportive, and all around good parents. It's helps set her apart from the other girls. I also believe that when they found out what the pressure Nomiya was putting her under was doing to her, they tore him a new one.

Though if you want to go with the darker Rin's parents are dead, how about saying Nomiya murdered them in order to mold their daughter into the perfect artist?
I prefer the more consistent line that Rin's parents are supportive in the sense that they don't mind Rin being thrust into an artistic career — because they are artists themselves. That's why they never show up despite being supportive etc. They're only too glad to let Nomiya take the responsibility for a more structured education which they would never themselves be able to design. Nomiya's not a murderous type; he's the passionate kind of teacher who is a little tone-deaf when it comes to hearing how he sounds to others.
Last edited by brythain on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Charmant wrote:
Defense mechanism and/or false information. :P Also, I have truthiness on my side so...
We did hear it from Nomiya, he might have interpreted "Yeah sure, whatever" as "We are completely 263% on board with this plan." Though personally I think they really are supportive and not dead.
Atario wrote:
I want to believe this so much. But I can't see Emi having the patience to learn anything close to what's needed for this.
Hisao helps her figure it out, and then they watched a downloaded movie together, in a fluffy and cute moment after the Good End.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.