The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by YZQ »

I recall reading the first part of a Hanako post-Bad End fic which had her stuck at a low paying job because she did not continue her studies after Yamaku. Stopped reading after a while as I just find it too sad a premise.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Alpacalypse wrote:With a lesser degree of support (i.e. any route other than her's - excluding bad end - or Lilly's where Lilly does not move to Scotland)
It's my headcanon that Hanako does the best in Lilly's good ending. Even in Hanako's good ending she doesn't really improve, due to Hisao and Lilly constantly treating her like she's fragile. In Lilly's good end though, she gets the space and support she needs with no pressure.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

BMFJack wrote:
Alpacalypse wrote:With a lesser degree of support (i.e. any route other than her's - excluding bad end - or Lilly's where Lilly does not move to Scotland)
It's my headcanon that Hanako does the best in Lilly's good ending. Even in Hanako's good ending she doesn't really improve, due to Hisao and Lilly constantly treating her like she's fragile. In Lilly's good end though, she gets the space and support she needs with no pressure.
Should probably clarify that I meant "Lilly's route and any other route where Lilly were not to go to Scotland".

Didn't really think of phrasing when I made that post :roll:
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

BMFJack wrote:Even in Hanako's good ending she doesn't really improve, due to Hisao and Lilly constantly treating her like she's fragile.
The problem with Hanako's Good Ending in this regard is that we don't get to see how Hisao and Lilly treat her after (safely) realizing the damage they were doing by their coddling. So, it could really go any which way.

Personally, I see Hisao's behavior toward Hanako improving -- after all part of the Good Ending is the fact that he realizes he was being a doofus. I can't make any real comments about Lilly, although ... her telephone advice to Hisao leads me to believe that she would improve her behavior as well. I'm being hopeful here, but I would say that she would respond to their improved behavior the way she did to their "hands off" behavior in Lilly's route.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

On Lily, what makes me curious is when exactly she realised that she had been smothering Hanako. Given her penchant for demanding honesty from Hisao in her route, it would be pretty ironic if she realised it early, but still carried on.
Last edited by YZQ on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

YZQ wrote:On Lily, what makes me curious is when exactly did she realise that she had been smothering Hanako. Given her penchant for demanding honesty from Hisao in her route, it would be pretty ironic if she realised it early, but still carried on.
She probably didn't realize it until Hisao came into the picture and started treating her the same way. Sometimes you have to see your own behavior in someone else before you realize you should question it.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Misha wanted to be a translator if I remember correctly...

I have this going on that she's actually fluent in three-four language:
Japanese, JSL, Korean, Chinese, and a bit if Russian.

Surprising enough, English is still her weakest subject.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Well, I don't know any other languages, but English *is* a pretty random, mixed-up mess of mutated borrowed words with more exceptions than rules.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

300BillionDegrees wrote:Well, I don't know any other languages, but English *is* a pretty random, mixed-up mess of mutated borrowed words with more exceptions than rules.
It's mainly a Germanic-family language with a few borrowed words from French and Spanish. But anywhoo :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Steinherz wrote:
300BillionDegrees wrote:Well, I don't know any other languages, but English *is* a pretty random, mixed-up mess of mutated borrowed words with more exceptions than rules.
It's mainly a Germanic-family language with a few borrowed words from French and Spanish. But anywhoo :lol:
High estimates put the number of words derived from French or Latin at 50**%, definitely at least 40**%, so more than just a few. On the other hand, the Germanic elements are the most commonly used, and the French borrowings also include a lot of Germanic elements from Norman French that aren't counted with the percentage of Germanic words. English grammar really is just standard Germanic with a few minor quirks, but verb conjugations are annoyingly irregular. Then there's orthography, what most complaints are about, which looks like exactly what you would expect from a language that hasn't had any major spelling reform in over 200 years, with most spellings dating back even farther. "I before e except 57%* of the time" and all, and a few words being about as phonetic as Chinese characters, like demesne.
*74% of statistics are made up
**But these ones aren't***
***Yeah, yeah, Wikipedia is unreliable and all. But it gives a good source for those particular claims.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

YZQ wrote:I recall reading the first part of a Hanako post-Bad End fic which had her stuck at a low paying job because she did not continue her studies after Yamaku. Stopped reading after a while as I just find it too sad a premise.
As someone in a low-paying job, this is now my headcanon.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

brythain wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:
brythain wrote:[The Pratt Gun] :D
Talk about blowing one's top off. :lol:

Headcannon... Headcanon... That's why one needs a Hanako Technical Writer of their own (or at least just pay attention to what they're writing.)
Awww... here, have a Hanako bun. They make them in about ten flavours around here.
That sounds delicious...

Headcanon: Hanako starts a bakery.
brythain

Post by brythain »

My headcanon for Hanako's 'origin story' is that she was one of the estimated 500 orphans (one or both parents killed) of the 1995 Great Hanshin earthquake disaster on January 17 centred around Kobe. It did $100bn in damage, left 300k people homeless, and killed more than 6000 people. This would mean she was young enough to be traumatised and scarred by the event but has had long enough to regain mostly full mobility etc. Her mother died with her, but her father's body was actually not identified until 10 July, her birthday, when she had been already placed in an orphanage. They broke the news to her on her birthday, of all things...

Hanako does go back to Kobe to visit her parents' grave. But to her it's even more private than for Emi. She has never brought anyone else along with her on these trips, and since they tend to occur in mid-March and she's reclusive, most people don't realise she's actually not around on that day.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:[The Pratt Gun] :D
Truly a gun fit for a prat. T.
brythain wrote:the 1995 Great Hanshin earthquake disaster on January 17
The timing doesn't work, unfortunately. She would have been only five at the time, and she says the fire happened when she was eight. But if it makes you feel any better, Japan has disasters all the time, so there are likely plenty to choose from between July 10, 1997 and July 10, 1998!

Captain buzzkill awayyyyy!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »