Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Eurobeatjester

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Eurobeatjester »

During my long recovery, I hated it when people would try to go out of their way to accommodate me like I was made out of glass, and I don't even run marathons.

Thank you for fawning over the fact I was able to get out of the hospital bed and make it to the bathroom on my own without needing someone to help me walk. But what I really want is to be able to get to the point where doing this is normal and doesn't make me drown in adoration.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
brythain

Post by brythain »

Now this looks like the sort of game that can be repurposed to KS fanfic... :D

[Black Closet — which RPS subtitled 'Long Live The Student Council President'] — by Hanako Games

These people made Long Live The Queen, starring a protagonist with pink drills.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

How different do you think Hanako would be if she wasn't in the house fire?

Like, still with dead parents and orphanages and all that shit, but growing up without the appearance of a medium-rare steak? I cant help but reckon she'd have a LOT less bullying to put up with, but with all the angst that comes with it.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

She's naturally a shy personality I think, but I think she would've bounced back a lot better, and her friends wouldn't have turned on her. She didn't seem to have the attachment issues that Emi had, so I think she would've ended up fairly normal, although extremely independent (not by forcing people away, but just being that way because she had to)?
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Munchenhausen wrote:How different do you think Hanako would be if she wasn't in the house fire?

Like, still with dead parents and orphanages and all that shit, but growing up without the appearance of a medium-rare steak? I cant help but reckon she'd have a LOT less bullying to put up with, but with all the angst that comes with it.
There'd still be some trauma but I think she'd move past it much faster without the continuous reminder.
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Her birthday would still be a rough day for many years, and she'd probably still blame herself for a while. It definitely wouldn't be as intense as it is in the VN though.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

That's assuming that the fire happened on her birthday. As far as we know, it actually didn't (and cpl_crud wrote a fic in which the fire happened in winter, IIRC), and her problem with birthdays was that it was the one day that people pretended to give a fuck about her, when it didn't actually mean a damn thing.

The reason they didn't actually give a fuck about her was the scarring.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I think instead of being shy and withdrawn, she'd have a lot of anger built up inside instead of just sadness.

Bullying was what led her to Yamaku in the first place, and through it she formed a healing friendship with Lily and (in some cases) Hisao.

I don't know if she would have reached that healing stage without the adversity of dealing with her scarring. (Not saying that she didn't have a hell of a lot to overcome even if she wasn't scarred, but hopefully you get my point.)
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

But the bullying happened because of the scarring, so I think she would've "just" had the difficulty of losing her parents if she weren't in the fire.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

That was the point :D Sorry if I wasn't clear.

You can see a flash of how I think she would have ended up when she gets angry in her Bad End.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And, see, I think the catalyst of the anger wasn't her parents dying, but it was the past decade of being shat upon by everyone.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I don't know too many people that ended up happy, well adjusted individuals after both parents died in a freak accident, and I know a few.

Guess it's just personal experience shaping what I think would happen.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Eurobeatjester wrote:I think instead of being shy and withdrawn, she'd have a lot of anger built up inside instead of just sadness.

Bullying was what led her to Yamaku in the first place, and through it she formed a healing friendship with Lily and (in some cases) Hisao.

I don't know if she would have reached that healing stage without the adversity of dealing with her scarring. (Not saying that she didn't have a hell of a lot to overcome even if she wasn't scarred, but hopefully you get my point.)
This. She'll definitely be angrier. Not that I think that is a bad thing, compared to her in canon.
Eurobeatjester wrote:I don't know too many people that ended up happy, well adjusted individuals after both parents died in a freak accident, and I know a few.

Guess it's just personal experience shaping what I think would happen.
Without relatives, the company she keeps will be very important.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

BMFJack wrote:Her birthday would still be a rough day for many years, and she'd probably still blame herself for a while. It definitely wouldn't be as intense as it is in the VN though.
What would she be blaming herself for?
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

The fire.

It was her birthday. People (and kids especially) have a knack for feeling guilty about things that are in no way their fault.