The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:Emi finds her phone and calls Nurse, who figures out what happened despite her best attempts to cover things up. "Rectum? You damn near killed 'im!"
That is the most terrible pun I have ever heard from you. It makes me wonder why I get exiled to SC's sorry corner for less. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:So, to get back on track...
That would be Emi, I guess. :wink:
Rin's parents would be interesting to look at, but we never knew much. Worth looking her psyche to make an educated guess on what their relationship is like.

Ah, yes. True.
Emi's would be the most normal one--until Nurse shows up.
"Hi, I'm the nurse. I'm Emi's would-be step-father, her doctor, and the man keeping your son alive when his attempt at exercising resulted in an unintentional suicide :D"

"..."
Now, that's something I would be interested in trying out. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

bhtooefr wrote: Emi finds her phone and calls Nurse, who figures out what happened despite her best attempts to cover things up. "Rectum? You damn near killed 'im!"
that's it i'm out
Last edited by Munchenhausen on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Trogdor

Post by Trogdor »

bhtooefr wrote:And now I just developed headcanon of a second bad ending for Emi's route... during their second time together. Choice point to push harder towards completion, or just to take it easy.

If Hisao pushes harder, he HNNNGGGGGs.

Emi finds her phone and calls Nurse, who figures out what happened despite her best attempts to cover things up. "Rectum? You damn near killed 'im!"
That is, if Kenta doesn't get to him first.
This American apple pie institution known as a trigger warning will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm that might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time. This post contains explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as life.
--
I burninated Hanako's house, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Yuuko got her job at Yamaku because the person in charge of hiring mistook her incompetence for a go-getter attitude.

The Hiring manager was impressed that she actually walked into his office and asked about a job. She actually just didn't know that there was supposed to be a more thorough application process. She didn't even know that was the right office. She was actually just looking for direction on where she needed to go. ... she didn't even know Yamaku was a school for disabled students, so when they asked her about that, she just assumed there were normal kids like every other school and said as much.

Technically, she's the assistant Librarian (the game does mention an older Librarian but doesn't give us any details) but the actual librarian is on the verge of retirement and just doesn't care anymore.

Akira may be laid back and easy going when you see her, but at work her personality flips completely. She's dead serious, strict, and all business. That's exactly how her father is as well, harsh when it comes to business and relaxed otherwise. It's just that he tends to put his daughters in the "business" category.
Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Munchenhausen wrote:
bhtooefr wrote: Emi finds her phone and calls Nurse, who figures out what happened despite her best attempts to cover things up. "Rectum? You damn near killed 'im!"
that's it i'm out
It error'd again :lol:

Use Imgur man
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

My head canon for what happens after Yamaku is biased by nature of the ending in question: good endings should have good outcomes, bad endings should have bad outcomes. So, while there's no lasting relationships coming out the bad or neutral endings (1), I believe that all the good endings lead to either marriage or a similar long term relationship. (2)

That said, I'll throw this in:

My headcanon is that Lilly's parents are actually supportive of the Hisao and Lilly relationship. However, because they know from experience what the two are getting into (with the whole Japanese-Scottish mixed marriage deal), they end up being tougher on the two than they otherwise might -- just to make sure that Hisao and Lilly are really playing for keeps.

Slightly related, I would like to think that the following exchanges take place after Lilly's Good End:

Hisao: "I think they're trying to poison me with the food..."
Lilly: "Don't worry, Hisao. It's Haggis."

Hisao: "What's up with Akira and your mom wanting to put me in a skirt?"
Lilly: "That would be a kilt. The traditional formal wear of every proud Scotsman. "
Hisao: "Ah, I see. Speaking of tradition. Is there some special way I should be wearing it? Akira and you mom keep wanting to check and see if I'm wearing it in 'the traditional manner'."
Lilly: ...

---
(1) Well, lasting fond memories for Neutral End Lilly and Hisao.
(2) At least until Hisao's heart decides to bad end.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Oddball's Yuuko headcanon is best thing.

Hakamichi headcanon: If Hisao and Shizune ever have a child, Jigoro will immediately suspect Hideaki of planning to turn the kid into a feminine weirdo while Hideaki refuses to let the kid be brought up as a meathead with terrible fashion sense. Jigoro and Hideaki will thus constantly fight for time with the kid, going as far as to set up elaborate schemes to hinder and/or agitate the other - Hideaki will find his clothes stolen after a bath and his wardrobe full of gross Hawaiian shirts, Jigoro will be lured to a fake business meeting, Jigoro will fake a severe injury to lure Hideaki to a distant hospital, Hideaki will cut Jigoro's hair into a mohawk while he sleeps...
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:No, it's providing useful advice; intercultural relationships can be tough.
Threatening disowning is way more than advice. It's emotional and/or financial extortion.
Also, depends on whether age of consent and/or age of parental independence have been reached, no?
Since she was living in her own apartment, one might assume.
She can have agency by resisting her parents and being disowned.
True enough. But the attempt on her family's part is clearly to deny her choice so far as they are able.
in every society, parents say this sort of thing, whether we like it or not.
It would be equally overbearing and obnoxious in those other cultures too, wouldn't it?
Megumeru wrote:
Atario wrote:
Megumeru wrote:When my younger sister had one (a westerner), my parents warned her about disowning her if she go as far as doing you-know-what.
Isn't this racist and/or denying her agency as a person?
It's a set-mentality, rooted deep in a culture to which I strongly am in favor of. There's usually a period in most of us that stands against that idea, but after learning a bit more and maturing, most of us tend to agree that it's there for a good reason and is content with it.
That didn't answer the question.
if I could share a bit about my family, we are pretty traditional in a sense--she is against that idea as well, which gave me the opportunity to play whack-a-western when he aimed for that funny business.
She was against premarital sex? Then why were the threats against her necessary?
If she consented to it, I might still do the whack-a-western then proceed to imouto beatdown. Might. She knows karate, but is too timid. :?
Domestic violence, how lovely
Sometimes I think we have too much respect for the west it's degrading--but that's just me.
:roll:
Oddball wrote:Akira may be laid back and easy going when you see her, but at work her personality flips completely. She's dead serious, strict, and all business.
I actually felt the opposite — she uses her laid-back, easygoing attitude to fluster people who deserve flustering.
Oscar Wildecat wrote:Hisao: "Ah, I see. Speaking of tradition. Is there some special way I should be wearing it? Akira and you mom keep wanting to check and see if I'm wearing it in 'the traditional manner'."
Now I'm picturing Akira and mom pulling (!) random, spontaneous kilt-checks on him. Sometimes from behind. :lol:
Charmant wrote:Hideaki will cut Jigoro's hair into a mohawk while he sleeps...
Bowl-cut. Bowl-cut Jigoro will definitely be a shamed Jigoro.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Atario wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:Hisao: "Ah, I see. Speaking of tradition. Is there some special way I should be wearing it? Akira and you mom keep wanting to check and see if I'm wearing it in 'the traditional manner'."
Now I'm picturing Akira and mom pulling (!) random, spontaneous kilt-checks on him. Sometimes from behind. :lol:
You can be sure that Hisao stays clean and sober. :wink:

One implication of those two quotes that I missed at first pass: Lilly's parents succeed in summoning both her and Hisao to Scotland. (Poor fellow better improve his Scottish ..err... English skills!)
Last edited by Oscar Wildecat on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Atario wrote:
You can be sure that Hisao stays clean and sober. :wink:

One implication of those two quotes that I missed a first pass: Lilly's parents succeed in summoning both her and Hisao to Scotland. (Poor fellow better improve his Scottish ..err... English skills!)
But he speaks perfect English throughout the VN! :P
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Atario wrote:
A bowl-cut can be fixed too easily, just a trim and you have a respectable hairstyle again. The only way to get rid of a mohawk is to shave completely, or just keep it while the rest of your hair grows back.
Last edited by FelOnyx on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Going back to meeting the parents, it's very easy to get the wrong impression where Rin is involved, without it being anything negative. I sure thought during act 1 her route was going to be the most light hearted and whimsical one. Uh, yeah...

Now on lighter notes-
-Hanako's nickname for Hisao's penis is "Poo".
-Lilly's healthy adolescent sex drive eventually becomes a healthy adult sex drive, then a healthy newlywed sex drive, then a healthy married sex drive, and should Hisao survive all that, a healthy middle aged sex drive.
-Shizune eventually ends up the chairwoman of the school's board of directors.
-Emi owes the track captain a tube of lube.
-Dragonball Z Lego's were not the first suggestion to a company that Kenji has made. They will not be the last.
-Emi becomes a physical therapist who deals with mopey patients who don't think they can make a recovery by pulling up her pant legs and telling them she was running in One. Year. Flat.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Negativedarke wrote:-Lilly's healthy adolescent sex drive eventually becomes a healthy adult sex drive, then a healthy newlywed sex drive, then a healthy married sex drive, and should Hisao survive all that, a healthy middle aged sex drive.
I see a side effect of the healthy [fill in the blank] sex drive is lots of daughters. For some reason, I see Hisao and Lilly having an unnatural affinity for XX chromosomes. :wink: (Of course, Kenji will explain that it's due the fluoride the feminists put in the water systems...)
Negativedarke wrote:-Emi becomes a physical therapist who deals with mopey patients who don't think they can make a recovery by pulling up her pant legs and telling them she was running in One. Year. Flat.
I could see her using a pirate theme for her pediatric patients. For example, she would have a "plank" painted underneath the walking rails. Then she would have her patients "walk the plank"...
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

FelOnyx wrote:
Atario wrote:
A bowl-cut can be fixed too easily, just a trim and you have a respectable hairstyle again. The only way to get rid of a mohawk is to shave completely, or just keep it while the rest of your hair grows back.
He shaves it and wakes up every morning with a new Sharpie drawing on his dome.