Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/30]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Dippeggs

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 6/

Post by Dippeggs »

Awesome you're still going. That was quite the break there.

I always look forward to reading your stuff. If I had to pick on something, it would be that I felt like not much actually happened in this chapter. Maybe that's just me though.
inthewind

Post by inthewind »

Going back through again, as another string of edits might suggest. It's even more amusing to find the seeds of obvious design, now. Successfully composing music, Name That Tune, the buffalo bread, the marathoning line all in the first part of the first act. An entire Chekov's Arsenal, if you will.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Dippeggs wrote:Awesome you're still going. That was quite the break there.

I always look forward to reading your stuff. If I had to pick on something, it would be that I felt like not much actually happened in this chapter. Maybe that's just me though.
Well, we got to know another character. :D
inthewind wrote:Going back through again, as another string of edits might suggest. It's even more amusing to find the seeds of obvious design, now. Successfully composing music, Name That Tune, the buffalo bread, the marathoning line all in the first part of the first act. An entire Chekov's Arsenal, if you will.
We actually had to rewrite the early parts, hence the foreshadowing.

I've been having some health issues (but I'm getting better!) and Kane's been busy with work, so we'll see when the next update rolls along.
Every day is a miracle.
Popo

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 2/

Post by Popo »

Act 4, Part 22's out.

Sorry for the wait. Real life got in the way of things for a while.
Last edited by Popo on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Every day is a miracle.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Oh damn, I almost forgot about this.
TeknikRevolt

Post by TeknikRevolt »

It lives! I love this fic, hope you guys continue!
Dippeggs

Post by Dippeggs »

You think you could just disappear for months, then magically post an update?

Back on track, I liked everything except some conversation parts seemed "Cringworthy" to me. Like trying their hardest and whatnot. And I don't know why he had a knife. "Missed one"? Did he have like a lot of them before? Did I not read something?

I hope it doesn't take too long for the next part, but I understand life happens.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

I was just thinking about when this would get updated next. Even if a story ultimately has a good ending, I've never been a fan of break-up scenes like Kano leaving the council. I know some drama has to happen to make the ending more rewarding, but this is one type of drama I just don't like. I tend to skim forward until its been resolved, when thats possible. As a result, this chapter just wasn't that enjoyable to me.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Popo

Post by Popo »

Dippeggs wrote:Back on track, I liked everything except some conversation parts seemed "Cringworthy" to me. Like trying their hardest and whatnot. And I don't know why he had a knife. "Missed one"? Did he have like a lot of them before? Did I not read something?

I hope it doesn't take too long for the next part, but I understand life happens.
You didn't miss anything. Kano had some knives from previous suicidal points in his life.
AntonSlavik020 wrote:I was just thinking about when this would get updated next. Even if a story ultimately has a good ending, I've never been a fan of break-up scenes like Kano leaving the council. I know some drama has to happen to make the ending more rewarding, but this is one type of drama I just don't like. I tend to skim forward until its been resolved, when thats possible. As a result, this chapter just wasn't that enjoyable to me.
Well, maybe you'll like some scenes in this story arc. I do plan on trying to make the ending rewarding.
Every day is a miracle.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Wouldn't this latest update be Act 4 Chapter 22? Cause there's already a 4.21.

Also, I don't blame Kano for being how he was. Shizune pretty much hit the "You Done Fucked-Up" button when she smack Kano. I like this, though, because it shows that even men are vulnerable creatures when they have a long history of being abused and we can emotionally snap and feel like we're losing trust in someone after being hit.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Sorry, that was a typo. I fixed it.

We appreciate your comments.
Every day is a miracle.
XenotheWise135

Post by XenotheWise135 »

So, I just went ahead and powered through this fic over the past couple days, and I must say I'm impressed. I find much of it charming and touching, yet also angsty when necessary. The recent event with Shizune seems like it could possibly just be called the "Bad Ending" and left at that. Then you go back and fix it, right? (Xeno is just really sad that the whole event happened...)

I'm not aware of your update frequency, considering I've only known about this story for all of three days, but I look forward to the next chapter.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 5, Part 1 is ready.

Glad you liked it, Xeno. Our frequency is "whenever" lol
Every day is a miracle.
HoneyBakedHam

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 3/

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

I feel for Kano, I really do. What Junichi and Lilly said wasn't necessarily wrong, but they all failed to see that he was hurting and didn't want to be yelled and lectured at. He wanted someone to comfort him, to help him feel like he has someone there for him because they genuinely care about him. That no words needed to be said while he's letting it all out. Interesting that it was Rin that was the closest to really comforting him.

I know we're SERIOUSLY far into the story, but I've decided that Kano is my favorite MC.
Popo

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 3/

Post by Popo »

Sometimes, nobody's at fault. Sometimes, someone is.

Added the lyrics for When They Cry.
Every day is a miracle.