Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dewelar

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by dewelar »

BMFJack wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Actually, Lilly is older
Are you trying to say that Lilly is older than Emi?
It's a pet theory of his that requires you to accept that, despite neither being mentioned in the game, Emi's listed birth date from the game's promotional material is correct, but that her birth year is not.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

The problem with that is that it's very clearly stated that Emi had to repeat a year of school because of the accident and her susequent rehab, and that she is actually nineteen (after her birthday passes, of course)
brythain

Post by brythain »

BMFJack wrote:The problem with that is that it's very clearly stated that Emi had to repeat a year of school because of the accident and her susequent rehab, and that she is actually nineteen (after her birthday passes, of course)
Perhaps she thinks Hisao is in the school year after her because this would be the case if he were born on or after 2 April that year (since that's when the Japanese school year begins). However, his birthday is on 1 April (or 4 Jan, this wasn't made very clear), so they are in fact in the same school year. More complicated manoeuvring is thus necessary, and the forums have many such discussions...

Edit: So Hisao would be repeating his final year due to hospitalisation just before his final finals in Feb/Mar 2007... now he has to take them again in Feb/Mar 2008! No wonder he's so pissed off and discouraged, and it's possibly also why he does so well in class.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I had thought Hisao gets his heart attack near the end of his second year, and starts at Yamaku at the start of his third year. In Iwanako's letter she talks about being in a third-year class, which supports this timeline (assuming he's in the same cohort as her).
brythain

Post by brythain »

Liminaut wrote:I had thought Hisao gets his heart attack near the end of his second year, and starts at Yamaku at the start of his third year. In Iwanako's letter she talks about being in a third-year class, which supports this timeline (assuming he's in the same cohort as her).
Well, then the Japanese school year is the problem everyone forgot about. Hisao's birthdate has been circumvented and he is indeed a year below Emi, if he was allowed to enter the 2 Apr 2007-31 Mar 2008 3rd-Year batch.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:
Liminaut wrote:I had thought Hisao gets his heart attack near the end of his second year, and starts at Yamaku at the start of his third year. In Iwanako's letter she talks about being in a third-year class, which supports this timeline (assuming he's in the same cohort as her).
Well, then the Japanese school year is the problem everyone forgot about. Hisao's birthdate has been circumvented and he is indeed a year below Emi, if he was allowed to enter the 2 Apr 2007-31 Mar 2008 3rd-Year batch.
The only birth date information we have in-game is:
  • Hanako's birthday is July 10, at which time she turns 18
  • Hisao's birthday passed while he was in the hospital
  • Lilly's birthday was in February, at which time she turned 18
No other birth dates are canon. Thus, we can cheerfully disregard the promotional materials and assume that:
  • Hisao's birthday is sometime between April 2 and June 4
  • Shizune, Rin and Misha's birthdays are sometime between April 2 and the date of their respective first H-scenes
  • Emi's birthday is whenever the heck you want it to be
  • Lilly lost a year for some reason (might she have started late due to the lateness of her birthday within the school year coupled with her disability?)
That is all. No real need for any mental gymnastics to get everything lined up properly.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

dewelar wrote:The only birth date information we have in-game is:
  • Hanako's birthday is July 10, at which time she turns 18
  • Hisao's birthday passed while he was in the hospital
  • Lilly's birthday was in February, at which time she turned 18
No other birth dates are canon. Thus, we can cheerfully disregard the promotional materials and assume that:
  • Hisao's birthday is sometime between April 2 and June 4
  • Shizune, Rin and Misha's birthdays are sometime between April 2 and the date of their respective first H-scenes
  • Emi's birthday is whenever the heck you want it to be
  • Lilly lost a year for some reason (might she have started late due to the lateness of her birthday within the school year coupled with her disability?)
That is all. No real need for any mental gymnastics to get everything lined up properly.
Or, you know.
We acknowledge that the official site's birth dates are correct and act like teenagers aren't incapable of boinking before 18 :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
brythain

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:That is all. No real need for any mental gymnastics to get everything lined up properly.
Och, aye... me, I ignore all that and just pick dates that are useful to me. Also, Hisao's birthday is 1 April because... it's appropriate. :D
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

brythain wrote:
dewelar wrote:That is all. No real need for any mental gymnastics to get everything lined up properly.
Och, aye... me, I ignore all that and just pick dates that are useful to me. Also, Hisao's birthday is 1 April because... it's appropriate. :D
Reckon the doctor came in on his birthday, told him there was a cure, and then burst out laughing shouting 'April Fools!'? :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
brythain wrote:
Reckon the doctor came in on his birthday, told him there was a cure, and then burst out laughing shouting 'April Fools!'? :P
Reckon it was on 1 April they told him there was good news and then introduced Yamaku... :D
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

brythain wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
brythain wrote: Och, aye... me, I ignore all that and just pick dates that are useful to me. Also, Hisao's birthday is 1 April because... it's appropriate. :D
Reckon it was on 1 April they told him there was good news and then introduced Yamaku... :D
Haha, I would honestly not be surprised by that :P (Sounds like something the Nurse would coordinate if I'm honest...)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I believe it was mentioned in the VN that Emi had to skip a year, and so actually is a year older than her classmates. She's 19 when the VN happens.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Liminaut wrote:I believe it was mentioned in the VN that Emi had to skip a year, and so actually is a year older than her classmates. She's 19 when the VN happens.
Or, more precisely (per the Japanese educational system), her 19th birthday would fall during the 2007-08 academic year, yes.

And yeah, Steinherz, I was trying to keep things in the realm of real-world legality for the VN. You could in turn refrain from implying that I somehow don't think what you said is true.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

[Post moved forward due to me not understanding how dropbox works, check the next page.]
Last edited by Munchenhausen on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Nothing but errors for me Munch
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.