Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Update and Art 1/

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Yes, quite a few subtle hints - too bad we all know about her already :-)

Very enjoyable chapter. I have to admit I kinda forgot who Noriko was after the long hiatus, though^^°

Only one minor comment:
but that just shows what a marked change this day is having on her.
I don't think something can "have a change on someone" - you were probably going for "effect"
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

We know about her, but Hisao doesn't ;)

Thanks for pointing that gremlin out. There's less of them now so I hope my writing has improved!
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Oh, it was quite good to begin with, but yes it has.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Thanks Mirage :) That means a lot, coming from you.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

IT'S HAPPENING

Well worth the wait, as always. I don't know why but I expected Mrs. Sakamoto to be a bit more, uh, "teacherlike". By which I mean a bit more business and a little less casual. Then again that's probably just my expectations not matching reality. I'm really liking the locational photos, do you take them yourself? They really add to the feel and atmosphere of your story. I don't think I could have envisioned the scene as well as I did without the reference, but that's my problem and not yours; I'm just a visual person. Chisato's excitement was both endearing and annoying in that special way where you're okay with it. I'm actually interested to know more about Noriko now, since she seems to be trying her best to not be noticed. As for Hisao not knowing about Saki's deal, didn't he guess at it earlier or is my reading comprehension actually worse than ever? Or is it one of those "he's not certain so he's not making assumptions" type of things? My curiosity and forgetfulness combined will kill me one day.

On another note, something I enjoy about this work is that I can immerse myself in it. I can place myself in the scene, either as an onlooker or in one of the characters' shoes. It's an interesting feeling for me: a combination of warmth and sadness, like a long lost memory. Literature tends to evoke feelings in me, but I find the most powerful and thoughtful feelings come from slice of life style stuff like this and many other fics on this board. Well, that's enough of my rambling for now. Keep on keepin' on, man.
Craftyatom

Post by Craftyatom »

Aaaaah lovely lovely lovely, I'm a big fan. Two things:
After the time I the hospital, I've grown a centimeter or two.
That one time I accidentally the whole hospital...

...and I can't find the second thing. I should really write these things down as I see them. Regardless, this was a great scene, but I'm actually probably more excited for what's going to happen in the next scene - your endings seem to do that to me :P

Keep up the good work!
Main route: COM(promise)
One-shots: Crafty's One-Shots (Dark Winter Sky, Dreamy, Path of Least Resistance, Project Blue Curtain, and more!)
Old poetry: Google Drive Collection
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Solistor wrote:IT'S HAPPENING

Well worth the wait, as always. I don't know why but I expected Mrs. Sakamoto to be a bit more, uh, "teacherlike". By which I mean a bit more business and a little less casual. Then again that's probably just my expectations not matching reality. I'm really liking the locational photos, do you take them yourself? They really add to the feel and atmosphere of your story. I don't think I could have envisioned the scene as well as I did without the reference, but that's my problem and not yours; I'm just a visual person. Chisato's excitement was both endearing and annoying in that special way where you're okay with it. I'm actually interested to know more about Noriko now, since she seems to be trying her best to not be noticed. As for Hisao not knowing about Saki's deal, didn't he guess at it earlier or is my reading comprehension actually worse than ever? Or is it one of those "he's not certain so he's not making assumptions" type of things? My curiosity and forgetfulness combined will kill me one day.

On another note, something I enjoy about this work is that I can immerse myself in it. I can place myself in the scene, either as an onlooker or in one of the characters' shoes. It's an interesting feeling for me: a combination of warmth and sadness, like a long lost memory. Literature tends to evoke feelings in me, but I find the most powerful and thoughtful feelings come from slice of life style stuff like this and many other fics on this board. Well, that's enough of my rambling for now. Keep on keepin' on, man.
Thanks! I don't take my own pictures, but take them from google and apply a few filters until I can make it look something like the VN.

More about Noriko next chapter.

Hisao knows her condition isn't going to get better, but he doesn't know that it's going to get worse. Whether that's because he honestly doesn't think about it, or he's purposely avoiding answering that question because he fears the answer won't be a good one, well...that will be answered soon ;)

I'm glad it's having that effect on you :) Sometimes I worry I don't get to the point in my writing and I ramble on, so it's reassuring to see this.
Craftyatom wrote:Aaaaah lovely lovely lovely, I'm a big fan. Two things:
After the time I the hospital, I've grown a centimeter or two.
That one time I accidentally the whole hospital...

...and I can't find the second thing. I should really write these things down as I see them. Regardless, this was a great scene, but I'm actually probably more excited for what's going to happen in the next scene - your endings seem to do that to me :P

Keep up the good work!
Whoops! I accidentally a word.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Don't think I'll have art for the next scene, but it's coming along nicely :P
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Don't think I'll have art for the next scene, but it's coming along nicely :P
Excellent to hear! I personally feel that art is just a bonus rather than a necessity, so all's good on that front.
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Whew. Just got through a well-written Akira "what-if" route and now this in-progress pseudo-route's got my attention. Since I haven't read any of this work, I don't have any constructive feedback to offer for now. I'll get back to it once I finish up.

In any case, thanks for taking the step into this branch of unknown territory, Euro, and best of luck.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
eric ericco

Post by eric ericco »

This is amazing man, the first pseudo path i'm reading and i really am looking forward to more, you hit the feeling of katawa shoujo down to a T man... The writing really on the mark, it really felt like Hisoa and with the structure of the writing, with the pauses of the passing time etc i think it would fit into the VN nicely. The music you picked for her to play at the festival really fit her character and i used it as 'Saki's theme', i listened to a lot of the KS OST as i played through but used the song you picked at certain moments and it was awesome! All i can really do is give you praise and (im)patiently wait for more! ;)
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

New chapter is almost done. Found a new job with set days off and set hours, so that should help my sanity, and subsequently my writing :lol:

I went back and inserted the various pieces of artwork where they fit into the story, so that new readers don't have to hunt to find them :)
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Eurobeatjester wrote:New chapter is almost done. Found a new job with set days off and set hours, so that should help my sanity, and subsequently my writing :lol:

I went back and inserted the various pieces of artwork where they fit into the story, so that new readers don't have to hunt to find them :)
Sanity is good!
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
Sleepwalker

Post by Sleepwalker »

Peorth wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:New chapter is almost done. Found a new job with set days off and set hours, so that should help my sanity, and subsequently my writing :lol:

Sanity is good!
I wish i still had mine... Anyway, looking forward for the next chapter
timetravelzero

Post by timetravelzero »

Eurobeatjester wrote:New chapter is almost done. Found a new job with set days off and set hours, so that should help my sanity, and subsequently my writing
WOO! This piece is still on!
As for work, let me get back to mine now.
Best of luck, EBJ.
Akira>Lilly=Shizune>Emi>Hanako>Mutou=Nurse>Saki>Misha=Rika>Yuuko>Meiko=Miki>Suzu>Kenji>Rin=Iwanako>Jigoro>Nomiya>{POWERGAP}>Hisao Eh, my opinion anyway