Have you changed your mind over which girl you prefer???

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PromisedSword

Re: Have you changed your mind over which girl you prefer???

Post by PromisedSword »

Looking at the character art, I knew that I was going to like Hanako the best. I've always had a weakness for girls like that, I guess. ^^; And yes, playing Act I, I did end up liking Hanako the best. What was surprising, however, was how much I ended up liking Shizune as well. Usually the more assertive/blunt type of girls don't do much for me, but I was won over by her aggressive yet playful side. Plus, I loved her ending. ^^

EDIT: The distinction of Shizune not being considered a Tsundere. ^^
Last edited by PromisedSword on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
G0t0

Post by G0t0 »

I've always been a Shizune guy, but when I played Lilly's route she shot up from the last on my list to second place.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

I ended up liking Shizune as well. Usually the Tsundere-types don't do much for me, but I was won over by her aggressive yet playful side. Plus, I loved her ending. ^^
Hakamichi is just strong willed Anonymous22 stated so on the blog.

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... _7211.html
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
PromisedSword

Post by PromisedSword »

Lawls wrote:
I ended up liking Shizune as well. Usually the Tsundere-types don't do much for me, but I was won over by her aggressive yet playful side. Plus, I loved her ending. ^^
Hakamichi is just strong willed Anonymous22 stated so on the blog.

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... _7211.html
I know, and considered making a note about her distinction from the trope, but decided it wouldn't much affect the point of the post. Maybe I should edit...? ^^
carbonartistmonked

Post by carbonartistmonked »

:( dunno but you people
i was attracted to hanako first
and still am today :lol:
a member of carbon artist associates and P.R.O.J.E.C.T.

Pure.Rubbish.Old.Junk.Enters.Comic.Theories

U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Vertical wrote:Does anyone else think it isn't a coincidence that so many of us got a better impression of Shizune after the demo than most other girls? I think the biggest reason is because we're treated to conflict and resolution in the first act with her where there was none down any other path at their conclusions. Her route had the most impact to me, and I'm betting it's the same for many of you.
I think that's mostly because her storyline was by far the most complete of the 5 (whereas Emi's, for example, was kind of half-assed)...

Also, it's turned into a Persona 4 thing for me, where I like everyone...
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

(whereas Emi's, for example, was kind of half-assed)
I would rephrase that its not respectful to hivemind
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Lawls wrote:
Opposing opinions are the way things grow. It's not about respect. It's about how our input may have the slightest impact on the game for the better. It's one objective of these forums.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Lawls wrote:
Ha ha ha what? It was totally half-assed, dude.
Kota

Post by Kota »

I expected to find Hanako as my favorite. She was cute, after all.

Then after actually playing, I didn't find myself liking Hanako less (I liked her about the same, but for different reasons now), but rather liking 2 of them more. Rin is now my favorite; she seems to be a nearly believable person, someone you could hang out with and not have to deal with too much of the typical niceties you'd expect. Shizune is another unexpected like of mine. Expecting a total Tsundere, I found a character that, like the others, wasn't any real archetype, and Shizune's ending in Act 1 was simply amazing.

Rin's my favorite, but Shizune's not very far behind. Or maybe I shouldn't say "behind", I like the characters for different reasons.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Anon XD

Post by Anon XD »

Tsuuga wrote:
Partick_fissal wrote:And yeah, good choice with Shizune mate; I'm assuming the game will let you learn sign language at some point
I doubt Hisao will manage to learn sign language with any level of fluency in a single highschool course. I do think he'll be better at determining the difference between Misha and Shizune speaking; and of course pick up on some girl talk that they didn't intend him to understand. Hisao will put a lot of effort into a signed confession speech, but otherwise, I don't think he'll sign much except maybe to "pass notes" in class. He's going to be stuck signing slowly and with a simple vocabulary (which Shizune will have to do as well if she expects Hisao to understand her), or sign things out syllable by syllable. I expect that the first thing Hisao is going to do the morning after the festival is procure a pocket notebook so they can write to each other.
..uh,learning sign language in a single high school course is not as difficult as u think it is..i like a girl in my class ( normal school ), shes deaf, though with hearing aids, shes able to hear a little.. and..she isnt mute.. but..cant speak much...i havent asked why, incase i offend her.. anyway, i learnt quite a number of sign language from her, and if theres some words which i cant sign, out come my handphone... ><.. so.. not very much of a problem....then again.. it is Hisao... and oh, a signed confession? if its ' i like you' or ' i love you', hell, thats extremely simple, but if it goes to a long speech..well.. slowly slowly..
kobe

Post by kobe »

At first I liked Hanako, but the moeblobiness eventually began to irritate me. Then I played Rin's route again, and decided on her.
Rin's personality is so awesome. Random babbling about stuff, I love how she's always calm and has this out-of-this-world feel. Basically, rin is me in female form (minus the arms)
Timst

Post by Timst »

Hanako from the beginning to the end. Even after completing the game to 100 %... Rin is probably my second (or is it Lilly ?), but I really don't like Shizune nor Emi.
"What is love ? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more."
Haddaway, What is Love ?

This looks the kind of thing Hisao could tell to Iwanako.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

First I liked hanako before playing.

Then it was rin.

Then I decided to complete all the other paths and subsequently went from preferring Rin, to preferring Emi, to preferring Shizune.

Now it's Shizune or Emi, I can't decide.

On a side note, after playing each path I ended up liking that character a lot more, for instance at first I really didn't like Shizune, then after playing the her path boom, favourite.
Same with Lilly, except it was more "meh Lilly" to "huh, Lilly's pretty cool actually....still prefer Shizune though."
Gigadrin

Post by Gigadrin »

I just finish playing Act 1(100%) yesterday.

I real like Hanako. I like her because of her shyness and how cute she is. If I meet her in real life. I would most likely ask her out right on the spot. Of course she would run away after I did tho. Dose not mean i would give up trying to ask her out and trying to get to know her. lol

My order of the girl that i like would be Hanako, Rin,Lilly,Shizune and Emi