Do I want to see the bad/neutral endings?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: Do I want to see the bad/neutral endings?

Post by YZQ »

SpunkySix wrote:
Liminaut wrote:Absolutely go through the bad ends. They are half the story and tell you a lot about the all the characters.
Unless we're talking about Emi... then it's very brief and tell you absolutely nothing about her that you didn't already know.

She's just like, kbai Hisao fek u m8-

Which, brilliantly enough, is kind of the point of that ending.
Well, she did that before, so....
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

YZQ wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Liminaut wrote:Absolutely go through the bad ends. They are half the story and tell you a lot about the all the characters.
Unless we're talking about Emi... then it's very brief and tell you absolutely nothing about her that you didn't already know.

She's just like, kbai Hisao fek u m8-

Which, brilliantly enough, is kind of the point of that ending.
Well, she did that before, so....
Exactly!

The point is that if you press her too much without showing understanding and flexibility, she brick walls just like everybody warned you and you don't get to find out anything else about her- she doesn't want you to. The it gets cut off forever, unless you go by a certain fantastic fanfic on here where they get back together later on in life due to two students getting them to go to the Shanghai together.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Gotta PM me that fic's name. Love second chance fics, if done well.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

YZQ wrote:Gotta PM me that fic's name. Love second chance fics, if done well.
Silent Knights, by brythain:

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t ... 77#p220477

It's not a PM because it's actually a pretty good follow up if TC wants to feel better after seeing that ending.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Read the fic. Sometimes, when one asks, "Can I love again," the answer is "Yes, yes you can."

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

The thing I really like about Emi's route I in order to get Emi to accept someone else's assistance, Hisao has to accept assistance from someone else -- either Mutou or Misha.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Liminaut wrote:The thing I really like about Emi's route I in order to get Emi to accept someone else's assistance, Hisao has to accept assistance from someone else -- either Mutou or Misha.
That is neat. Depending on the ending you get, you either lead by example, or end up being a total hypocrite.
Ryusashi

Post by Ryusashi »

SpunkySix wrote:
Liminaut wrote:The thing I really like about Emi's route I in order to get Emi to accept someone else's assistance, Hisao has to accept assistance from someone else -- either Mutou or Misha.
That is neat. Depending on the ending you get, you either lead by example, or end up being a total hypocrite.
I like me some hypocrites.... but damn I actually didnt think of that. I always thought it was "I want to help so please let me and stop brick walling me.". Interesting.... im going to go dissect the routes again. Maybe I missed something else.
"In order to understand, you must first understand how to understand. You can't know without knowing how you know. Same principle."
"Think about this; if I give you a lemon, is that life giving you lemons? Yes because I'm alive. But imagine what you can create with what life gives you. Now you have a weapon to shoot into peoples eyes, or make lemonade." Random quotes ive made
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Ryusashi wrote:Maybe I missed something else.
There's no doubt you missed something else. Even if you play Katawa Shoujo to 100% completion from scratch hundreds of times over, there's bound to be some sentiment or another that escapes you.

That's the joy, though. To come back to something old and find something new hidden inside.

This is probably (read: definitely) bragging, but I actually had to go back and play through Katawa Shoujo again multiple times so I could see the bad/neutral endings. I got the good ending for every girl, first try. Cuz I'm a boss like that.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

It actually depends on your mood as you're playing. I just think of it as a really good story.

Charmant

Post by Charmant »

san1111 wrote:I created this topic because my first attempt at KS failed miserably and I got Hanako's bad ending. This was one of the most depressing experiences of my life, I couldn't think about anything else for quite some time and I have that 'dem feels' feeling even as I'm writing this. I also haver to mention that Hanako was/is by far my favourite character in the game (let's admit it, I loved her as much as a visual novel character can be loved).

The idea of watchig the bad endings came to my mind because went to YouTube a moment ago and a user whose KS videos I followed just finished the series and now he's recording the neutral/bad endings and I wanted to know if I wanted to see them.
Whether or not you want to see them, you should. And not via some guy's recording.
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Charmant wrote:Whether or not you want to see them, you should. And not via some guy's recording.
I think this is how it's been said best. There's something a bit more visceral about doing it yourself, rather than watching someone else do it. Especially because they usually have commentary. It's like watching a movie-theater bootleg of a new release; sure, you'll get the general idea. It wont be as good as if you'd been in that theater yourself, though.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Agreed on the commentary part. If you can find a playthrough without commentary, it'll be better. (But, if that's the case, might as well play it yourself using the flowchart.)

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I've never understood why anyone would watch a playthrough of KS on Youtube.

As far as I can tell there are three reasons to watch a playthrough:
1) You can't afford or don't want to pay for the game in question or you use the video as a demo before you buy the game.
KS is free and downloading it costs less bandwith than streaming the video, so no advantage there.

2) You lack the skills to play through the game.
Also not applicable for KS, since there are plenty of guides to get to any ending you like.

3) The commentator is funny.
YMMV on this, but frankly I have yet to find a KS video that I didn't abort two minutes in, because some idiot insists on reading out loud every line talking over the music and generally ruining the experience.

Okay, I just thought of 4) You're too lazy to hit the space bar every few seconds.
If that's the case I really can't help you.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, for myself, even if I don't play all endings myself, I'll still read about them.