Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SpunkySix »

Relevant twice in one night? It's a Katawa miracle!

*Ahem*

Anyways, it's always incredibly amusing how downright bitchy Lilly gets with Shizune. I kind of expect that from Blue Smart, but Yellow Proper? That's a different story. I feel for Hisao having to translate Shizune's comments towards somebody he gets along with, because they're pretty nasty. That has to be awkward, even more than it was to read.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Two words: Teenage girls. And that's if they're in a good mood. Add "rival" somewhere in there and I'm actually amazed they haven't shredded every curtain in the school with their claws.

Shizune's being stubborn with the "sticking to signing" part.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

YZQ wrote:Shizune's being stubborn with the "sticking to signing" part.
How about the "why is that blind POS not looking me in the eyes when she speaks" part?
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

SpunkySix wrote:
How about the "why is that blind POS not looking me in the eyes when she speaks" part?
That's her vendetta with Lily.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

YZQ wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
That's her vendetta with Lily.
Oh, yeah, I was just struck by how incredibly petty that was. For such a mature, responsible girl, Shizune sure does have some mean childish streaks occasionally.

She's interesting like that, and I'm not just talking about her rivalry with Lilly. I think I'm having a harder time figuring her out than Rin. With Rin, she's unpredictable, but she's predictably unpredictable. Talking to her, I'd know to expect something unorthodox and I'd be ready for it so I could help guide her through conversation and come to a mutual understanding with her. With Shizune, what you get is perfectly consistent individual- except when she suddenly does something that seems totally inconsistent. The thing is, unlike with Rin, there's always a completely logical rationalization for what Shizune is doing and she can voice that much better than Rin, but she has things planned out so well sometimes that it's hard to know exactly what she's going for or what she'll do ahead of time, whereas Rin has absolutely no grand plans like that so you pretty much know that she's at least attempting to be straightforward 99% of the time.

I admire both, in different ways. I'd probably rather hang out with Rin because as far as I'm concerned she's a total bro, but I definitely respect Shizune too.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

We really do tend to forget that they are still teenagers, despite their disabilities, and some of those behaviour is typical of girls their age.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

YZQ wrote:We really do tend to forget that they are still teenagers, despite their disabilities, and some of those behaviour is typical of girls their age.
Yeah, it's weird... the story seems so much "bigger" than teenage romance, doesn't it?
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
YZQ wrote:We really do tend to forget that they are still teenagers, despite their disabilities, and some of those behaviour is typical of girls their age.
Yeah, it's weird... the story seems so much "bigger" than teenage romance, doesn't it?
If you wonder about them as adults, the story gets so big it can blow your mind, really... :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
If you wonder about them as adults, the story gets so big it can blow your mind, really... :)
Well, that's pretty much like taking six or seven kids and then wondering what will happen to them. The answer is as big as the entire world, really.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

brythain wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
I've always tried to imagine them having their own careers:

1) Lily as an English teacher who teaches in an average school (not one for the blind)
2) Shizune closing deals as a businesswoman. Rapid-fire typing never looked this scary.
3) Hanako as a social worker or journalist

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I think Rin would make a good circus act, too :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:I think Rin would make a good circus act, too :lol:
:roll:

I, for one, would like to see her best stand-up routine.
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:I think Rin would make a good circus act, too :lol:
:roll:

I, for one, would like to see her best stand-up routine.
I think she'd make a great unarmed combat act.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Kick Chick Rin: has a catchy sound.

brythain

Post by brythain »

YZQ wrote:Kick Chick Rin: has a catchy sound.
Survival of the Feetest.