Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ParagonTerminus

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by ParagonTerminus »

SpunkySix wrote:I was asked out once, and it didn't even give me a life-altering heart attack.

Complete bullshit, if you ask me...
Did you at least keep your receipt? You can get a refund and buy a new one.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I was asked out once, and it didn't even give me a life-altering heart attack.

Complete bullshit, if you ask me...
Did you at least keep your receipt? You can get a refund and buy a new one.
Oh, for real? I gotta try that, thanks.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

So, for new year I went to the shrine (the yearly visit, with a few friends) and things are pretty busy after sunrise and all.

Now, as most are familiar with (I think), during new year there are small food stalls that are set up near the shrine which sells from jumbo yakitori up to mini-steaks (and those aren't cheap but are seriously good--say they're about 800 yen-1000 yen for a packet). Now, during my little excursion to the stalls I can't help but remember Shizune and Misha's antics in their festival--particularly their penchant for fried food on a stick (串揚げ) which I didn't waste time to purchase (prices float relatively around 300-500 yen). It isn't exactly cheap, but fried goods dipped in soy sauce? It will be a shame to pass that!

What strike me the most was this one stall that is a bit less crowded, selling Osakayaki (imagine mini-okonomiyaki, with an egg in the middle and cheese). The goods aren't the thing though--it's the seller. She's an elderly deaf-mute, and I'm relatively glad I practiced JSL and put it to good use (although I might have screwed up on some of the part). It was a good start for a new year :D

now it got me thinking...wonder what they'd all look like or what they'd do during new year? We're all familiar of Misha's and Shizune's summer yukata, I wonder what they'll wear during the shrine visit? Traditional or casual (most of us went casual)? Anyway how's your new year? :)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Atario

Post by Atario »

Megumeru wrote:wonder what they'd all look like or what they'd do during new year? We're all familiar of Misha's and Shizune's summer yukata, I wonder what they'll wear during the shrine visit? Traditional or casual (most of us went casual)?
I feel like Lilly would always go traditional. She's a traditional sort of girl.

Hanako would go whichever way everyone else went. Whatever would help her blend in more.

Rin… well, Rin is Rin.

Emi would probably lean heavily casual. She's a casual kind of girl.

Shizune. Honestly, I feel like she wore the yukata in the story to bewitch Hisao. Also maybe a little bit to show off generally. And then Misha went along because it would be atypically antisocial of her not to when Shizune was. So, I guess the answer is it would depend on the circumstances for both of these two.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Happy KS anniversary everyone! :D

I'm about to go finally finish Rin's route after putting it off for so long.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Sohtak wrote:Happy KS anniversary everyone! :D

I'm about to go finally finish Rin's route after putting it off for so long.
You too! You won't be disappointed, the finale is probably the best part, or at least close to it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Just finished my 100% playthrough of the game, and I'm alread feeling an itch to play it again! Loved all of the routes, even some of the bad ones. I got to spend my new years with Shizune and Misha, can anyone beat that? ;)
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

YutoTheOrc wrote:Just finished my 100% playthrough of the game, and I'm alread feeling an itch to play it again! Loved all of the routes, even some of the bad ones. I got to spend my new years with Shizune and Misha, can anyone beat that? ;)
I got to spend my new years with my family. Beat that.

But seriously, I really need to get back to KS... Shizune, Emi, and Rin all await my love.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Hmm wouldnt have been nice if there was a New Year's scene with the chosen girls, watching the sun come up & visiting a shrine the next day for good fortune and such. The only festival I remember is the one that is in the end of act 1 and tanabata(?).

My memory is fuzzy so I'm not sure on the timeline so it may have already passed and such in the game.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Any extra scenes would've been nice. I wonder how Kenji greets the new year...
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Courtesy of the BBC, an article about a Scottish woman who married a Japanese lodger who came to Scotland to learn the art of making Scotch whisky. They returned to Japan where he started Japan's Whiskey Industry. With the support of his wife, he later set up his own business (Nikka Whisky Distilling) in Hokkaidō, which now owns distilleries in Sendai and Fort William (which is connected to Inverness via the Great Glen).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-30682239

Can anyone look at this and NOT get slightly freaked out at the connections?
Last edited by Rhodri on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
AlexKidd

Post by AlexKidd »

Atario

Post by Atario »

Look at that guy. Dapper as fuck.

NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Rhodri wrote:Courtesy of the BBC, an article about a Scottish woman who married a Japanese lodger who came to Scotland to learn the art of making Scotch whisky. They returned to Japan where he started Japan's Whiskey Industry. With the support of his wife, he later set up his own business (Nikka Whisky Distilling) in Hokkaidō, which now owns distilleries in Sendai and Fort William (which is connected to Inverness via the Great Glen).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-30682239

Can anyone look at this and NOT get slightly freaked out at the connections?
Lilly's Route: Based on a true story.

If only...
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Kenji has his own banner on 4chan? Those eyes sure have seen some shit.

"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.