You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Charmant

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Charmant »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Got around to installing Total War: Shogun 2 today.

Wondering how long it'll take before I start burning cities in the name of Hanako...
It won't be long. It took me about four days...
brythain

Post by brythain »

... this evening I was eating a Camembert cheesecake from Hokkaido, and suddenly I imagined Lilly making a face ("This... isn't quite what I expected of a cheesecake.") and Hanako saying, "M-maybe it goes better with some champagne, mmm?"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
d2r

Post by d2r »

Charmant wrote:

Wondering how long it'll take before I start burning cities in the name of Hanako...
You haven't gone too far until you name a unit of flamethrower infantry "The Sons of Hanako". :wink:
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

d2r wrote:
Charmant wrote:

You haven't gone too far until you name a unit of flamethrower infantry "The Sons of Hanako". :wink:
False. There is no god once you have christened a Blackwatch unit in Napoleon: TW the "Satou Slayers."

They were remarkably effective, even if their aim was a bit off...
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
False. There is no god once you have christened a Blackwatch unit in Napoleon: TW the "Satou Slayers."

They were remarkably effective, even if their aim was a bit off...
Ha, really? My headcannon is that the Satou's had an ancestor who was part of the famed 2nd North British (Scotland) Dragoon Guards - aka, the 'Scots Greys'. Even survived the aborted charge down the field of Waterloo.

Wow, I HAVE been playing too much KS! :lol:
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

My first thought when I saw this CYMATICS video was "Hisao and Rin take on music?" ...
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

It's only a couple of small things, but I've taught myself to impressively click my fingers (and every time think of a certain Student Council President) and the term 'tearing into it as if it had insulted her ancestors' (or variations of that) have entered my day to day vocabulary.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I've taught myself to impressively click my fingers (and every time think of a certain Student Council President)
I do this very same thing every time something suddenly occurs to me xD
brythain

Post by brythain »

BMFJack wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I've taught myself to impressively click my fingers (and every time think of a certain Student Council President)
I do this very same thing every time something suddenly occurs to me xD
Haha, I did this in class the other day, and one of my students looked up and went, "Man, that was very... impressive."
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

I'm contemplating creating a full-conversion Crusader Kings 2 mod...Katawa Kings 2. All sorts of fun new cripples to send into horrifying battle. :twisted:
Last edited by Charmant on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Charmant wrote:I'm contemplating creating a full-conversion Crusader Kings 2 mod...Katawa Kings 2.
In CK2, that's too easy. They all end up crippled. They have so many ways to end up... incapacitated in some way or other. What's difficult is keeping them hale and hearty!
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

brythain wrote:
Charmant wrote:I'm contemplating creating a full-conversion Crusader Kings 2 mod...Katawa Kings 2.
In CK2, that's too easy. They all end up crippled. They have so many ways to end up... incapacitated in some way or other. What's difficult is keeping them hale and hearty!
Ah, but what if I remove those ways? Just have the cripple traits be a birth-specific thing then throw in events like ARRHYTHMIC HEART ATTACK and traits like SOUL-CRUSHING DEPRESSION and EXISTENTIAL CRISIS! :mrgreen:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Charmant wrote:
brythain wrote:
Ah, but what if I remove those ways? Just have the cripple traits be a birth-specific thing then throw in events like ARRHYTHMIC HEART ATTACK and traits like SOUL-CRUSHING DEPRESSION and EXISTENTIAL CRISIS! :mrgreen:
But-but...

Muh eugenics...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Megumeru wrote:But-but...

Muh eugenics...
Your eugenics have been replaced by cripples and horrible depression. :mrgreen: (Also vampires but that's a different thing.)
brythain

Post by brythain »

... you look at the latest macaron offerings in Tokyo and idly ponder how much more beautiful they would be with the KS logo on the shells instead.