Anyone else hate Misha?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Anyone else hate Misha?

Post by Megumeru »

mmhm...Misha huh...yep

That girl...man that girl....

how should I say...it's 'that' isn't it? Yeah...hmm ok...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Megumeru wrote:mmhm...Misha huh...yep

That girl...man that girl....

how should I say...it's 'that' isn't it? Yeah...hmm ok...
Oh lay off. He hasn't done Shizune's route so he doesn't even know what "that" is. :roll:
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Dude... stahp.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Nantes

Post by Nantes »

I'm playing Lilly's route and I just met Shizune's brother, who has a big lack of tact, which Hisao remarks to be just like his sister. So it could be I'm unjustly fully blaming Misha for the social blunders she commits: a big part of it probably comes from interpreting Shizune.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Certainly one hell of an introductory post :lol: She's annoying, sure, but personally I wouldn't say I hated her. I preferred her over Kenji, that's for sure. Are you sure you mean 'hate'? A bit of a strong opinion of someone who you haven't seen too much of.
Nantes wrote:- She is always happy and merry. I'm very suspicious of people who are giddy all the time.
Well aren't you the optimist? :lol:
- The fact that it's often hard to tell whether it's her or Shizune who's speaking. I can generally tell because of the absence of said ~~~~~'s, though.
Yeah, but keep in mind that it's intentional; A reinforcement of the innate duo MiShizune form. Plus, keep in mind how difficult providing sign language translation for a deaf person is when you're translating at the speed of average speech. I shudder at the thought.
- Related to the above, how she's always a subservient shadow of Shizune, having little deciding power of her own.
You'll soon find out why ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

No.
Nantes

Post by Nantes »

Munchenhausen wrote:Certainly one hell of an introductory post :lol: She's annoying, sure, but personally I wouldn't say I hated her. I preferred her over Kenji, that's for sure. Are you sure you mean 'hate'? A bit of a strong opinion of someone who you haven't seen too much of.
Well, while I mentally facepalm when I have to sit through a dialog with Kenji nowadays, since he does nothing to advance the story whatsoever, at least he has managed to be very funny at times, like with his pizza delivery monologue, bird-crap-on-the-head monologue and a few others. Misha however has not been the least amusing so far. So "strongly dislike" is the best compromise I'm willing to make :/
Munchenhausen wrote:- Related to the above, how she's always a subservient shadow of Shizune, having little deciding power of her own.

You'll soon find out why ;)
Given the rumors I've read in this forum of she being bisexual, I can already suspect one reason...
Byakku

Post by Byakku »

Before playing Shizune's route, I had the same thoughts about Misha as you did. Once you play through Shizune's route though, you'll learn a lot about Misha which will (hopefully) change your perception of her. In my opinion, Shizune's route focus more on her relationship with Misha rather than Hisao.

I must warn you though, prepare for the god damn feels.
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Definitely wouldn't say I hate Misha, but she is annoying. Even her voice in my head sounds annoying.

Don't listen to these guys who are promising that you'll completely change the way you see Misha after Shizune's route, or to get ready to board the feels train. Shizune's route almost isn't worth reading if you ask me. Definitely not more than once.

Probably a good idea to reserve use of the word "hate" if only because we're talking about a fictional character.

I dread Kenji's scenes so much, he isn't funny and he just rambles nonsense. Even his music, "Out of the Loop" is weird and annoying. It fits though. Still wouldn't say I hate him.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

BMFJack wrote:Shizune's route almost isn't worth reading if you ask me.
Hey now, Shizune's route isn't that bad.
Sure, the endings weren't the most fulfilling and maybe there are only a handful of choices to select, but the route itself is pretty good. How else are you going to deal with a love triangle while not completely disregarding and emotionally destroying one of your best and only friends?

Let me get you on the Lad Level, too. Shizune's hot, man. Dem H-scenes are some of the best. Plus She's the only main character who doesn't, at some point, cry like a litte bitch. Damn sight better than that armless skrub.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

BMFJack wrote:Shizune's route almost isn't worth reading if you ask me. Definitely not more than once.
Hey. Don't rustle my jimmies :evil:

Shizune's route is the thinking-man's game. You either like it or hate it, most of the time it takes multiple reads to actually understand Shizune and Misha duo as a whole. the route is also the only one that is intensive in Japanese culture, habits, and traditions so if you're not familiar with that, you'll miss a ton.

It's not an easy feels-spoon feeding frenzy like the blonde nympho, so get a thinking cap on when reading Shizune's route (the other one would be Rin and Emi's--Rin in particular) :P
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Megumeru wrote:blonde nympho
Prepare the bunkers.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Nothing wrong with blonde nymphos.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

I prefer the term "blue eyed floozy", myself.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
I prefer the term "blue eyed floozy", myself.
When I was little, I thought this song was so stupid, but now that I'm older, and can appreciate the finer things in life, I can relate with this on many levels.