KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

dewelar

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by dewelar »

Hmmm...if you're doing Lilly's route first, I'd be willing to give Hideaki a shot (or Akira, at need), assuming you're doing it at a time I'm available.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

dewelar wrote:Hmmm...if you're doing Lilly's route first, I'd be willing to give Hideaki a shot (or Akira, at need), assuming you're doing it at a time I'm available.
I'm arranging something right now, again. I sent you a PM with my skype details in it.
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

Fortport wrote: Monologue at the beginning, when Hisao's in the hospital.

Hisao & Kenji
Hisao & Kenji

Here's some samples I came up with out of nowhere. After getting some opinions from other people on these, I've come up with the general impression they got from these.

The first sample is monotonous at the start, but emotional in the later half. Throughout all the samples, I sometimes run out of breath or have "murky" enunciation. I was practicing a relatively simple scene, and these problems were gnawing at me subconsciously.. so I tried articulation and breathing exercises. It's still frustrating, but I am trying to bear with it and get ahead.

-- In other news, though, someone from the forums has contacted me on skype! We've been talking about this and sharing smart advice.
Just wanted to come in and say I tried starting a new game with this playing in the background

it definitely adds an extra dimension to the opening scenes. Well done! (Even though I always thought it to be odd to have a character narrate a game narrate in English when we know he's actually really bad at it! Matching it up with your voice makes it even weirder somehow. :P )
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

Tyrael wrote:
Fortport wrote: Monologue at the beginning, when Hisao's in the hospital.

Hisao & Kenji
Hisao & Kenji

Here's some samples I came up with out of nowhere. After getting some opinions from other people on these, I've come up with the general impression they got from these.

The first sample is monotonous at the start, but emotional in the later half. Throughout all the samples, I sometimes run out of breath or have "murky" enunciation. I was practicing a relatively simple scene, and these problems were gnawing at me subconsciously.. so I tried articulation and breathing exercises. It's still frustrating, but I am trying to bear with it and get ahead.

-- In other news, though, someone from the forums has contacted me on skype! We've been talking about this and sharing smart advice.
Just wanted to come in and say I tried starting a new game with this playing in the background

it definitely adds an extra dimension to the opening scenes. Well done! (Even though I always thought it to be odd to have a character narrate a game narrate in English when we know he's actually really bad at it! Matching it up with your voice makes it even weirder somehow. :P )
I'm happy you liked it; I still think I need to practice much more before I'm really presentable. As far as English goes, it's really the only language I know! Sorry. :?
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

No need to apologize, I think you got the tone just right and that's already pretty impressive to me :)
InsidiousDreamer

Post by InsidiousDreamer »

We did a little recording of one of our rehearsals, so it isn't particularly good, but it'll give you a small idea of what the actor playing Lilly sounds like. This was done while we were both dead on our feet and over a horrible connection, just a heads up, so quite a few of our problems are caused by that. It's a zipped folder, so if it shows up as an unknown file type just open it with Winrar or 7zip.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xxt8u ... Cozy+Scene
Last edited by InsidiousDreamer on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

I'm also wanting to do a run through the fan-route on the forums here, for Akira, by Thanatos. I never finished the entire thing, but I read halfway through it or more and was really intrigued.. then distracted from it.

It's pretty daunting to say "I'm going to try and VA Katawa Shoujo, with all of its routes," but it is something I am leaning for if this is ever popular or liked. Speaking of which, I'm still thinking on asking the developers. Asking them now might make me look silly, since this is nowhere near professional at all.. on the other hand, asking them later might make them wonder why I haven't sooner.
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

Lilly's actress has been away for a few days. Last I heard, she was suffering from a tumor in her head, and was bed-ridden. I'm worried about her, but also wanted to tell everyone why there's not been any real progress being announced here.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Fortport wrote:Lilly's actress has been away for a few days. Last I heard, she was suffering from a tumor in her head, and was bed-ridden. I'm worried about her, but also wanted to tell everyone why there's not been any real progress being announced here.
Well gosh, I hope she's okay. :(
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

I'm sick now; it's been days since I have practiced, but I have read here and there to help memorize what I would be saying. Lilly's actress is better now, and I'm looking forward to talking with her again about this.

I also heard some other people are doing the same thing.. but, even if that takes off I want to keep going. Someone wanted to voice the sensei, but he won't be having time because he's starting college. I'm just waiting for more people who are often available, really; keeps me enthusiastic on it if I can talk to another person about this.

In the mean time I'm waiting to get well. Hopefully that's soon.
minimike96

Post by minimike96 »

Fortport wrote:I'm sick now; it's been days since I have practiced, but I have read here and there to help memorize what I would be saying. Lilly's actress is better now, and I'm looking forward to talking with her again about this.

I also heard some other people are doing the same thing.. but, even if that takes off I want to keep going. Someone wanted to voice the sensei, but he won't be having time because he's starting college. I'm just waiting for more people who are often available, really; keeps me enthusiastic on it if I can talk to another person about this.

In the mean time I'm waiting to get well. Hopefully that's soon.
I hope you take this far! You showed promise and I really wish I had the time to voice Mutou, but life calls.

That one guy who likes Shizune more than the others.
Shizune>>Emi>Rin≥Misha>Hanako>Lily

Fortport

Post by Fortport »

RRRRGH FRUSTRATION

Also, happy new year everyone!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Fortport wrote:Also, happy new year everyone!
You too!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

THE FIGHT AGAINST FEMINISM IS STILL ON, BROTHERS! WE CANNOT GIVE UP. WE MUST TRY!
AgniKai343

Post by AgniKai343 »

Fortport wrote:I did a snappy-brief search through fan fiction for "voice acting." Nothing conclusive on the first page, only hints at it, or some mentions that one would be nice. I'm a bit lazy right now but, I think I'm ready for anyone who's up for a demo with me. Thing is though, is that there's not many male characters in the game, only four coming off the top of my head. Hisao, Mutou, the nurse, and Kenji. Two of those I can do! But again, I'm an amateur, and I've never had experience with this before.

I'll remind you all that I can give out my skype details to anyone who's interested; nothin' to lose.
I have a youtube channel myself, I would LOVE to start a creation like this with you. Send me your Skype details if you want, we can try and hash out details if you'd like!