what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tyrael

Re: what are the best quotes from the game?

Post by Tyrael »

brythain wrote:
Tyrael wrote:The whole experience felt a bit forced to me. It's as if Hisao just had a revelation saying "Well ok I really need to be the biggest a-hole I can possibly be with this one."
You're just channelling George Lucas: "The... force... is... the biggest a-hole... with this one." :D
Haha, merry christmas you weeaboo
brythain

Post by brythain »

Tyrael wrote:
brythain wrote:
Tyrael wrote:The whole experience felt a bit forced to me. It's as if Hisao just had a revelation saying "Well ok I really need to be the biggest a-hole I can possibly be with this one."
You're just channelling George Lucas: "The... force... is... the biggest a-hole... with this one." :D
Haha, merry christmas you weeaboo
Thank you, but... not a weeaboo! :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Tyrael wrote:
brythain wrote:
"We don't speak again after that."
Possibly the most final of final endings in the game. Simple soul-crushing at its best.
Eh

The whole experience felt a bit forced to me. It's as if Hisao just had a revelation saying "Well ok I really need to be the biggest a-hole I can possibly be with this one."
When did that happen?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Tyrael wrote:
brythain wrote:
"We don't speak again after that."
Possibly the most final of final endings in the game. Simple soul-crushing at its best.
Eh

The whole experience felt a bit forced to me. It's as if Hisao just had a revelation saying "Well ok I really need to be the biggest a-hole I can possibly be with this one."
I think he was just really depressed and tired, and so was Emi, so they just drudged through the motions so they could end it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Charmant wrote:
Tyrael wrote: Eh

When did that happen?
Emi bad end. It's funny, it's actually kind of like Lilly's neutral end: Hisao doesn't go far enough to show the girl how much he loves them. Even if you go after Emi, if Hisao does it right by admitting the problem to Misha instead of downplaying his mistakes, with the idea in his mind that he will do anything to keep them together, he's able to admit to Emi that he loves her and that nothing will stop him from wanting to be there for her and to be there with her. In the bad end, he gives up when she says they're over, lets his anger take over, and decides that what they had wasn't worth it.

Yeah, Hisao's an asshole here, but as someone who's been on both sides of this situation...I understand. I didn't want to be helped, and I still have issues getting close to people (though that's more of distrust than a fear of them dying on me-it's usually only the older folks who die on me nowadays). But, like Emi, I was wrong. Getting help, or being helped, is nothing to be ashamed of. Even knights helped each other out.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

azumeow wrote:Emi bad end.
You mean the end where Emi is an asshole? :P
brythain

Post by brythain »

Charmant wrote:
You mean Emi's end where she has an asshole?
You guys are confusing... :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

brythain wrote:
Charmant wrote:
You mean Emi's end where she has an asshole?
You guys are confusing... :D
Implying there's an end where Emi doesn't have an asshole...

Huh...

This got weird.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Charmant wrote:
Never said she wasn't, just that Hisao was.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
brythain

Post by brythain »

Charmant wrote:Implying there's an end where Emi doesn't have an asshole...
Well, her upper end doesn't have one. It's only her other end.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Charmant wrote:
To be fair, she is super thick-skulled in that ending, but Hisao was a total dick to her at her house if you've gotten to that point, and doesn't seem very apologetic, so it kinda makes sense that she's not being especially flexible for him.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

SpunkySix wrote:
Charmant wrote:
To be fair, she is super thick-skulled in that ending, but Hisao was a total dick to her at her house if you've gotten to that point, and doesn't seem very apologetic, so it kinda makes sense that she's not being especially flexible for him.
Implying that she had been flexible (anal joke goes here) before that point. :lol: She deserved it.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Charmant wrote:She deserved it.
And on that day, SpunkySix ran out of words forever.

The End
Nantes

Post by Nantes »

The best quotes come from the conversations with Kenji. My favorite: "Like a flash of lightning, splitting the sky, like how you split a sandwich in two equal pieces to make it more manageable to hold and eat, a bird crapped on my head", which reads incredibibly more funny in the French translation.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Nantes wrote:The best quotes come from the conversations with Kenji. My favorite: "Like a flash of lightning, splitting the sky, like how you split a sandwich in two equal pieces to make it more manageable to hold and eat, a bird crapped on my head", which reads incredibibly more funny in the French translation.
Quick google translate incoming...

«Comme un éclair, diviser le ciel, comme la façon dont vous divisez un sandwich en deux morceaux égaux pour le rendre plus facile à gérer pour maintenir et manger, un oiseau chié sur ma tête."

Legit.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.