Shizune-
Misha-
Lilly-
Hanako-
Rin-
Emi-
Kenji-

Any comments?
Even if it is a little bit late but now I have got the internet connection to truly appreciate your taste in music.

The first one is quite a good choice for Hisao since it is an opening and it can relate to him opening up to the new world in Yamaku. Also, the scar mentioned in the lyrics hits the mark - quite good overall although I would use it as an anime opening for KS rather than as a theme song for him.

The Linkin Park song for Shizune has a refrain that can be interpreted as being sung by her but the vulnerability that the rest of the lyrics represents does not "feel" like Shizune for me.

Well, Misha's music is ... an interesting choice. Does this song have any meaning apart from featuring a video with dancing pop-culture characters?

For some copyright reason I can not watch Lilly's song.

Air has always been powerful in terms of transporting emotions both in the game and in its anime form. No complaints - lyrics and music are just good. Maybe the voice of the interpreter could have been a little bit higher and frailer but that is so minor that nearly nobody would not see it as bad.

I could not have picked anything better for Rin - the contrast between between the beats and the piano and the strings are extremely well done and suit her perfectly and the lack of lyrics encourage the imagination to take the lead - just as Rin the artist would do.

Sadly Emi can be reduced to her running-personality but the song captures it even if it is just a portion of her.

Kenj - no comment needed.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Unami Araragi

Re: Music you associate with KS

Post by Unami Araragi »

Wow, you took your time with this. :shock:
Anyways, thanks a whole lot for your comments and thoughts.
Means a lot to me. ;)
G0t0

Post by G0t0 »

stranger wrote:Neither of those are Shoegaze bands
Yea a little too late but I need to address this.

The Verve WAS a Shoegaze band.
Just listen to their first album A Storm in Heaven.

And Team Sleep did a general psychedelic rock album that encompassed everything from Trip-Hop to Shoegaze.

Rin's trippyness v2 featuring Asobi Seksu and the Verve

fkas

Post by fkas »

Perhaps it's been mentioned, but the mural reminds me a lot of the cover art of King Crimson's In The Court of the Crimson King album.
powell

Post by powell »

Shizune: My favorite character, because of her dynamic mood during the store, from serious to playful, she would need a song to reflect that.
I am searching right now for a song, only thing I can think of is Still Alive, In a piano only version of course. In a more of silent game, I wouldn't want a song with words portraying the character.

Lilly: I don't know why but her song in-game fits her quite well.
http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/res/music/Concord.mp3

Rin: As the most scatter brain, distant, and very apathetic person she is, I couldn't find something well suited for her though I did find something close.
http://www.reverbnation.com/sparky222b
Click on the arrow on "When the dust settles"
It's just the sample of WTDS though, the full version is 15 minutes and amazing.

Hanako: Being the silent person she is, I would also want a more silent surrounding around her.
I don't have a song for this, but I can imagine just a few oriental notes being strung.

Emi: Very energetic
I also don't have the song to this, but expect an orchestra playing a fast paced song. A few songs come to mind in my iTunes, but they are by an individual artist (the one I mentioned above) and the songs aren't free :/
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

The only one that I think does justice.

Kenji:
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Emi:
Hanako:
Lilly:
Misha:
Rin:
Shizune:
Kenji:
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

Layzuhl wrote:The only one that I think does justice.

Kenji:
Great minds think alike.
Malus_Phasmatis wrote: Kenji - Hironobu Kageyama - Beat A Nail With Your Hammer
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

I heard Centerfold, by the J. Geils Band on the radio today, and couldn't help but think of Lilly. Lols were had.

vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

I stumbled across this while listening to some Over The Rhine.

Shizune: Trouble
Kett

Post by Kett »

I tend to listen to Come Clarity by In Flames when playing through Rin scenes.
I don't know, to me it just seems to fit. Especially in the Rin-end scene.

Come Clarity
  • Rushing through thirty
    Getting older every day
    by two drawing pictures
    Of innocent times
    Can you add colour
    Inside these lines

I want you to lead me
    Take me somewhere
    Don't want to live
    In a dream one more day
    I want you to lead me
    Take me somewhere
    Don't want to live
    In a dream one more day

Sure, if we change my perspective
    I'm certain I will change today
    I'm certain it will change our ways
    When things fall into place

I want you to lead me
    Take me somewhere
    Don't want to live
    In a dream one more day
    I want you to lead me
    Take me somewhere
    Don't want to live
    In a dream one more day
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

(NSFW - ignore the lolicatgirls)

If I bullshit hard enough, this song becomes something of a metaphor for KS.

It starts off slow; depending on your previous experience with trance (VNs) you may or may not be impressed, and you may or may not be expecting in-your-face, soul-bending awesomeness once it picks up. You plod along, maybe a little miffed that you have to do so much reading (listening to "techno") because you've never liked reading (or so you thought), but you're nonetheless patient as it's presented in a way you've never quite experienced before.

As it picks up, and the instruments (characters) pop in and out, you realize it's really starting to grow on you. Then you get to the breakdown (Shizune hands you some notes outside the Shanghai and it's the cutest Goddamn thing you've ever seen) and you suddenly realize that this is a life-changing experience! You also realize that you don't so much mind that you're spending more than a couple minutes (hours) playing it.

By the end of the breakdown (fireworks!!!) you're in just awe, and goosebumps cover your skin. Going into the lead-out (credits) you're left with this pleasant afterglow and a feeling of wanting more.

Also, anyone who refuses to sit through the entire VN (song) just because it's long and all they want to play is Halo (shitty pop music) can be safely regarded as a douchebag.

The main difference between KS and this song is that I don't have an urge to play KS over and over and over again.
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

G0t0 wrote:
Duo2Cuo wrote:
AutisticPsycho wrote:Kenji -
Fighting back the feminists with the most misogynistic lyrics EVAR.
I think you are wrong

I'm laughing because I can see Kenji saying shit like this.
I think I add to the misogynistic Kenji rap list.

A brand new level of Chauvinism when you combine Frank Sinatra with Frank White.

Hopefully, Kenji never learns to drive.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

I was cleaning up some of my bookmarks of my internet browser and found some music I'd like to share.

Many won't find the voice that fitting but I like to think of Hanako when I see this video. Just look at the background :wink:!

And one I cannot magine why I have forgotten it. Only Hisao is great enough for this song:

Caesius wrote:Shizune
My choice for an epic piece for our favourite council president:
Last edited by Deimos on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Caesius wrote:
(NSFW - ignore the lolicatgirls)
Could you possibly put the name of the song and artist on here? The only source of Internet I have at the moment is at a USO and I'm sure they wouldnt like to see lolicatgirls dancing to trance music on one of their computers.