Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:Whatcha been doin' with yourself?
Various things, but that's really none of your business.
Well then. Fuck me for showing even a passing interest in you as a human being, huh?
No, no... sorry, that was a joke.

You asked what I've been "doing with myself". Think about that for a second, literally.
I think a Shizune-only route could have been just as interesting, people don't find her compelling but we're not given nearly as much opportunity to talk to her because (Jan Brady voice) Misha Misha Misha!
I have to wonder if Shizune doesn't like it that way, though.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

metalangel wrote:I think a Shizune-only route could have been just as interesting, people don't find her compelling but we're not given nearly as much opportunity to talk to her because (Jan Brady voice) Misha Misha Misha!
Hmm. While I don't fault either the author or Shizune herself for this, I think that Misha was not the issue. While Misha ("the second girl") does draw screen time from Shizune ("The Romanced Girl"), The scenes in which we did talk to Shizune alone I could not draw much about her. (Speaking as an avid reader, scenes which involve more than two characters give great character development due to the levels of interaction you can stick in. Thus, having both Shizune and Misha to develop Shizune's character with is a bonus some routes do not have quite as much time with.) I understand several of her devotees say that you can, and I believe that they could.
Hint: The second girl exists in all routes.

SUPER-MEGA ANECDOTE!
I am a Sci-Fi geek. I can tell you about Star Wars Lore, 40K Artefacts and Factions, anything you want for the most part. I like fantasy as well, but Sci-Fi draws my attention more. My best friend is (and my first girlfriend was) more into Fantasy. They could go on forever about orcs and goblinoids, whatever. Because of this, games that I find incredible such as the Mass Effect series or the KoTOR series are just kinda okay for him. Whenever we talk about which game is better, even to this day, it often comes down to this basic difference where he enjoys inexplicable magic and I prefer technology I can understand and work with.

So, if I'm more tuned to some of the hints dropped by Lilly/Rin, I find them the deepest characters because I can draw more from them. On the other hand, Mega (and the other supporters of Shizune) may be able to draw more than me from Shizune, and thus prefer her.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Hmm, a fic involving Misha and Hanako? That seems interesting...
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Hmm, a fic involving Misha and Hanako? That seems interesting...
The portmanteau "Mishanako" comes to mind.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

It's worth noting that I don't think they'd be a good couple (although I could see them trying anyway), for what it's worth.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

bhtooefr wrote:It's worth noting that I don't think they'd be a good couple (although I could see them trying anyway), for what it's worth.
I would agree with this. I think the two of them would feed off each other's negative outlook to a dangerous extent.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

That's also my one issue with my OTP of Hanako x Akira... I think they could do an amazing job of supporting each other through the massive amount of bullshit they both experience, but I think they could easily drag each other down into a sexy lesbian suicide pact, as well, to be honest.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
pc-23

Post by pc-23 »

I know this is off the current topic, but I couldn't find a thread for this, and it didn't seem worth making it's own thread.

Does anyone know of a graphic of KS's timelines? I don't mean flowcharts of scenes and choices, but rather what events occur on simultaneous dates and how much time passes between different acts, etc.

P.S. Regarding the current topic... Hisao is a pretty negative person too, but his relationship with Hanako is manageable. As long as any potential pairings keep a level head, I think the same can be said for them.
d2r

Post by d2r »

pc-23 wrote:I know this is off the current topic, but I couldn't find a thread for this, and it didn't seem worth making it's own thread.

Does anyone know of a graphic of KS's timelines? I don't mean flowcharts of scenes and choices, but rather what events occur on simultaneous dates and how much time passes between different acts, etc.

P.S. Regarding the current topic... Hisao is a pretty negative person too, but his relationship with Hanako is manageable. As long as any potential pairings keep a level head, I think the same can be said for them.
The problem with such a graphic is that there are continuity errors between some of the routes (e.g. Lilly showing up late in Shizune's route if you're committed to the bad ending, even though she should be in Scotland) which complicate the matter. It could be done in theory, but I don't think anyone's done it as far as I am aware.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

pc-23 wrote:P.S. Regarding the current topic... Hisao is a pretty negative person too, but his relationship with Hanako is manageable. As long as any potential pairings keep a level head, I think the same can be said for them.
*nods* The difference for me is that Hisao's fall into negativity came about due to his heart attack and subsequent hospitalization, so it's a more recent (and therefore possibly more transitory) state. It's not as ingrained in his basic character as Hanako's or Misha's, so he's much better able to balance out Hanako. I'd argue that he's already starting to overcome it within himself by the end of her route, which then allowed him to help Hanako to take the first step toward doing the same in the final scene.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

d2r wrote:The problem with such a graphic is that there are continuity errors between some of the routes (e.g. Lilly showing up late in Shizune's route if you're committed to the bad ending, even though she should be in Scotland) which complicate the matter. It could be done in theory, but I don't think anyone's done it as far as I am aware.
However, that conflict can be resolved simply by ignoring word of dev on the matter (and word of dev is that word of dev isn't canon). For instance, my headcanon is that in every route except her own bad and possibly Hanako's bad or good ends (I don't think neutral), Lilly stays in Japan for Hanako's sake. After all, in Lilly's bad and Hanako's good ends, Hanako has Hisao, and in Hanako's bad end, the bridge has already been burned with Lilly.

The real conflict is Tanabata between the routes. (Also, if you want to try to run a pre-KS timeline, Lilly's route is internally inconsistent. I resolve it by saying that she initially grew up in Hakodate, Hokkaido (which is a guesstimate based on the time it took to get there), her family moved to Natori or Iwanuma when she was young (just south of Sendai, even though the school I think she went to is on the north side and actually slightly further than my headcanon (or especially word of dev, but that conflicts with canon for how far out it is) for where Yamaku is - canon said she's south of Sendai IIRC), and then Akira and Lilly sold their old home in Hokkaido to buy the summer home (but Akira still lives in the home in Natori or Iwanuma).
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

bhtooefr wrote:words
I'd like to point out that canon doesn't say where Yamaku is.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Hey, I've just come back froma weekend away and the topic has changed multiple times.

Can someone give me a quick catch up? ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Silentcook wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:words
I'd like to point out that canon doesn't say where Yamaku is.
Point.

Although... Where else would it be? (I know, there is no canon.)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Elsewhere. 8)

...okayno, "clever" answers aside, you people have analyzed to death the reasons why it CAN'T realistically be there. It probably can't actually BE anywhere but within the spatial warp of Cripple Wonderland and still fit canon, but a least-improbability interpretation still points to much further south than Sendai.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.