The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by SpunkySix »

Broomhead wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: I don't know about that one, but I'd like to believe that some time down the road post-good ending, Rin came into contact with him again by happenstance when he was a lot closer to death and he apologized for being such an asshole.
I dunno why, but in my head, that'd be a couple of months later. I guess it's just a wrath thing for yelling at her, but I imagine his heart exploded after the year was through. Dunno what that says about me.
Well, he is pretty old.

Honestly, even after going through the route, I don't see Nomiya as being totally evil... to an extent, he does appear to believe in his words, he just flew way the fuck off the handle because of misplaced passions. And I think it'd be good for both of them if he acknowledged that, even if Rin didn't really care.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
Broomhead wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: I'd like to believe that some time down the road...
imagine his heart exploded after the year was through...
I don't see Nomiya as being totally evil...
Okay, here, have a dose of my headcanon re Nomiya here.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:Okay, here, have a dose of my headcanon re Nomiya here.
Yeah, I like that a lot. Again, I don't want to make excuses for him because what he did to Rin was totally wrong, but I do get the sense that he's lead a life of disappointments and is at least trying to sway her from that.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Nomiya strikes me as one of those people who genuinely want the best for others, but forget that not everyone defines "the best" the way they do.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Charmant wrote:I like to think Nomiya had an ongoing deal with Sae to bring her new talent in exchange for money
You like to think that? Geez, seems pretty cynical…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

emmjay wrote:Nomiya strikes me as one of those people who genuinely want the best for others, but forget that not everyone defines "the best" the way they do.
That's really evident when he talks to Hisao about why Rin leaves the exhibit.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Another headcanon that has been rolling around for a while.

Lunch time frenzy:
Shizune is known to be the first to leave the class during lunch time (with Misha). She particularly dislike how crowded
It can be with students shoving to get the special before it runs out--Misha's obnoxiously loud voice are often drowned bythe voices of hungry students.

To her, it seems like another competition; one she has a handicap on. She thought it's a great challenge.

Thus, she'd often rush out with Misha to avoid the situation.

Recently however, she found eating down town to be less bothersome and would opt for it more often
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Megumeru wrote:Lunch time frenzy:
Shizune is known to be the first to leave the class during lunch time (with Misha). She particularly dislike how crowded
It can be with students shoving to get the special before it runs out--Misha's obnoxiously loud voice are often drowned bythe voices of hungry students.
Heh, sounds like me. I also usually get put either right next to the door or across the room from it, and the hallways in my school are very crowded, so it's like flying through an asteroid field if you want a burrito.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Atario wrote:
Charmant wrote:I like to think Nomiya had an ongoing deal with Sae to bring her new talent in exchange for money
You like to think that? Geez, seems pretty cynical…
Well, both of them do seem rather cynical...
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Kenji and Yuuko were a couple at some point. (I don't remember if the game flat out confirms this or not, all I remember was that it implied they had one)

Hanako has probably played some games at some point in her life. Although her main form of escapism is books. Since, according to the description of her room, she really doesn't have very many possessions.

Kenji ends up a laughingstock on the internet and gets his own page on ED.

In the future, Kenji ends up being proven right when the Feminists launch their global scale attack on the world and lead it into ruin.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

scorptatious wrote:Kenji and Yuuko were a couple at some point. (I don't remember if the game flat out confirms this or not, all I remember was that it implied they had one)
I've heard that in an earlier version of the game they were. And it's so heavily implied in the final game that it's practically canon.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
scorptatious wrote:Kenji and Yuuko were a couple at some point. (I don't remember if the game flat out confirms this or not, all I remember was that it implied they had one)
I've heard that in an earlier version of the game they were. And it's so heavily implied in the final game that it's practically canon.
I see. Thanks.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Since it's unlikely that Emi actually goes all-out pirate in the future, I'm going to say that she becomes a track coach at Yamaku regardless of the route taken. She already shows the makings of one:

-She can perform
-She has a thorough knowledge of the sport
-She works with the captain to help others
-She goes way out of her way to help others independently
-She's a health nut
-She can't stop running
-She's strict, but understanding
-She knows what running with a physical handicap is like
-She knows what being forced not to run feels like
-She's alumni
-She has no other plans

Now she just needs to learn a little self-control with knowing when to back off, and boom, coach.

In addition, (and this has no basis in canon fact at all, mind you) if I were to write a fic about her semi-distant future, she'd get cancer, twice. And survive it both times. And keep running. My cross country and track coach did that, and outside of my family, he's one of the most inspirational men I've ever known. The guy is an absolute madman, and I can totally see Emi following suit.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Even though she knows the concept of Christmas and is perfectly fine with everything it entails, and even if she likes giving and recieving presents, I like to think that Lilly secretly really fucking hates Christmas presents.

"Oh, you've given me a cube?"

She knows that it's just something in a box and the box itself is unimportant, but deep down she hates the fact that she's been refused the opportunity to feel what it is before it's opened.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

SpunkySix wrote:Since it's unlikely that Emi actually goes all-out pirate in the future, I'm going to say that she becomes a track coach at Yamaku regardless of the route taken. She already shows the makings of one:

-She can perform
-She has a thorough knowledge of the sport
-She works with the captain to help others
-She goes way out of her way to help others independently
-She's a health nut
-She can't stop running
-She's strict, but understanding
-She knows what running with a physical handicap is like
-She knows what being forced not to run feels like
-She's alumni
-She has no other plans

Now she just needs to learn a little self-control with knowing when to back off, and boom, coach.

In addition, (and this has no basis in canon fact at all, mind you) if I were to write a fic about her semi-distant future, she'd get cancer, twice. And survive it both times. And keep running. My cross country and track coach did that, and outside of my family, he's one of the most inspirational men I've ever known. The guy is an absolute madman, and I can totally see Emi following suit.
On the other hand, Emi has shown to be very irresponsible, that wouldn't be a good quality for someone who is supposed to look after the people she coaches and making sure they don't push themselves too hard, something she has been known to... I'm pretty sure she'd prefer running herself rather than coaching as well :P