The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Oddball »

I've done a couplke of Miki one-shots with a few more in mind that I may or may not do.
Not Dead Yet
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

If I ever had the skill to do a pseudo route for an OC, the girl that Hisao falls for would have a renal condition. Why renal? Because it gives the opportunity to further explore that medical facilities that Yamaku that has on offer. In game, all we get beyond the nurse is Hisao making a comment of passing another nurse as he leaves the auxiliary building and that the pool is used as part of physical therapy. Within the depths of the building there has to be a small team of staff attending to the intensive needs of the student body that require intrusive treatment, like running the dialysis machines that said OC would need to be wired up to each day just to live. I get this imagine in my head of the OC heading down to the auxiliary after class each for dialysis and doing her homework while the machine goes about cleaning her blood, with Hisao joining her in Act 2 to keep her company while the obligatory friend character is away.
Last edited by Rhodri on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
vdawg1337

Post by vdawg1337 »

Oddball wrote:I've done a couplke of Miki one-shots with a few more in mind that I may or may not do.
oneshots don't count I'm talkin about a full route

Joking aside I think that Hanako would enjoy Roller Coasters but she isn't confident enough to go alone and knows that Lily wouldn't like them because she's blind.
Mohn_Jadden

Post by Mohn_Jadden »

Rhodri wrote:If I ever had the skill to do a pseudo route for an OC, the girl that Hisao falls for would have a renal condition. Why renal? Because it gives the opportunity to further explore that medical facilities that Yamaku that has on other. In game, all we get beyond the nurse is Hisao making a comment of passing another nurse as he leaves the auxiliary building and that the pool is used as part of physical therapy. Within the depths of the building there has to be a small team of staff attending to the intensive needs of the student body that require intrusive treatment, like running the dialysis machines that said OC would need to be wired up to each day just to live. I get this imagine in my head of the OC heading down to the auxiliary after class each for dialysis and doing her homework while the machine goes about cleaning her blood, with Hisao joining her in Act 2 to keep her company while the obligatory friend character is away.
How severe would her condition be? I'm pretty sure most people who need dialysis don't need to undergo it every day.

Then it would become a problem of having that huge obstacle to write around, which would be pretty difficult imo.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Mohn_Jadden wrote: How severe would her condition be? I'm pretty sure most people who need dialysis don't need to undergo it every day.

Then it would become a problem of having that huge obstacle to write around, which would be pretty difficult imo.
Here is a basic article comparing two main methods of dialysis. One of the two methods mentioned -- Peritoneal Dialysis -- is done on a daily basis.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

RE Miki, Lilly, Hanako, and sexuality...

I don't think Lilly has any strong feelings one way or the other about sexuality. She did mention she received a few confessions at her old school, but her old school was an all girls school. So did she turn them down because she was disgusted by the idea or was it because she had the hots for her teacher? The game doesn't say, but given her personality, I don't think she would have any judgement toward homosexuality even if she herself seems to be straight.

Regarding Hanako being put off by Miki, I can kindof see this making sense. Miki seems to be on the surface a pretty carefree girl, which is almost the complete opposite of Hanako (at least at the beginning of the game before she changes in her own route and in Lilly's). If you replay Hanako's route, she doesn't even really identify as her own person unless it's around Lilly and later Hisao, so to her, the concept that anyone could want her sexually is an alien one. You can even see it in the sex scene - it's pretty clear (to me anyway) she initially had no intention to sleep with Hisao, but that's the direction things headed in, and even afterwards she says she did it because she hoped by doing so Hisao would see her as her own person as opposed to wanting to use the experience to be closer to him.

While Hanako may have played with herself under the sheets a few times, I simply can't see her being able to even imagine herself as a sexual being.

If Miki is bi, then I definitely think her and Misha had a fling. Maybe it was after Shizune rejected her.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Atario

Post by Atario »

You're deeply shortchanging Hanako, there…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Mohn_Jadden wrote: How severe would her condition be? I'm pretty sure most people who need dialysis don't need to undergo it every day.

Here is a basic article comparing two main methods of dialysis. One of the two methods mentioned -- Peritoneal Dialysis -- is done on a daily basis.
It does also say that it's often done by the patient themselves...though with Yamaku, I can 100% imagine them saying "listen, this is serious shit, just...just let us supervise it. We're not taking risks."

Also, I think that idea's awesome. The OC I created for stuff but never got into writing a story with would be a dude with ectrodactyly (which is actually barely a disability, but Misha so IDGAF) who replaces Kenji in the dorms and befriends Hisao, helping him improve his heart and helping him with relationship issues.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Atario wrote:You're deeply shortchanging Hanako, there…
I disagree. I'm not saying that aspect is a bad thing, especially since Hanako is my favorite. But the crippling social anxiety she suffers from is a different beast.

Hanako is the only girl who is self defined by her disability. A huge part of her (and Lily's) route involves her getting the courage to both find and express herself. None of the other girls have this problem.

Hanako is also the only girl who doesn't flaunt, revel in, or even seem to acknowledge a sexual side in her route. Maybe it's because the sex scene happens so late in her route, so we don't get a chance to see how she acts regarding it afterwards compared to the other girls. Even so, the scene and aftermath have a vibe the others don't, and it feels distinctly different than just first time jitters.

The only thing I see that could really counteract that is that she's clean shaven, but she may be doing that strictly for hygienic reasons.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
The only thing I see that could really counteract that is that she's clean shaven, but she may be doing that strictly for hygienic reasons.
I think your assessment of Hanako is right on the mark, but I wouldn't read too deeply into her lack of pubic hair. According to Suriko all
the girls except Shizune originally had pubic hair textually, but the artists (except Raide, apparently) hated to draw it.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Miki might be a tomboy, but I've never chalked her up as being anything other than heterosexual. Not that the VN really offers enough context to say for sure. While she was almost certainly speaking from personal experience in regards to befriending Hanako, I feel like that she was hardly the only one to be in that situation, and that she may have been speaking for everyone collectively. Miki kind of comes out of nowhere in Hanako's route, and I've always seen her as the story's means of conveying the rest of the school's opinion on Hanako.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

This dev blog post mentions that the devs were at one point looking for a picture of a "Nice Boat" (i.e. a yacht). I'm hoping that they were planning on using it for a (ultimately unused) part of Shizune's route, and not a "Nice Boat" Ending. Anyway, it would make sense for the Hakamichi's to own a yacht -- a must for deep sea fishing, ya' know.

Also, related: given that my headcanon is that Rin is a polyglot -- one of the "languages" she knows is semaphore -- she uses her shirt sleeves as flags.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:This dev blog post mentions that the devs were at one point looking for a picture of a "Nice Boat" (i.e. a yacht). I'm hoping that they were planning on using it for a (ultimately unused) part of Shizune's route, and not a "Nice Boat" Ending. Anyway, it would make sense for the Hakamichi's to own a yacht -- a must for deep sea fishing, ya' know.

Also, related: given that my headcanon is that Rin is a polyglot -- one of the "languages" she knows is semaphore -- she uses her shirt sleeves as flags.
I read a short scene on the old forum where Lilly gives Hanako a yacht. The question that came up then was how rich could they actually make Lilly without it coming across as ridiculous.

I think that might have been back before there were actually "devs" and just "whoever posted on the forum to toss out ideas" though.
Not Dead Yet
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:
I think your assessment of Hanako is right on the mark, but I wouldn't read too deeply into her lack of pubic hair. According to Suriko all
the girls except Shizune originally had pubic hair textually, but the artists (except Raide, apparently) hated to draw it.
I never knew to take it as a literal thing or artistic interpretation. Shizune, Hanako, and Rin have no pubic hair while Lily and Emi do.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Atario

Post by Atario »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
Atario wrote:You're deeply shortchanging Hanako, there…
I disagree.
I didn't feel like going into it that thoroughly when I wrote that, but now I feel I must. So let's go back for a second…
In that other message, Eurobeatjester wrote:If you replay Hanako's route, she doesn't even really identify as her own person unless it's around Lilly and later Hisao
I don't know how you can come to a conclusion about whether she "identifies as her own person" (whatever that means), since the game is written from Hisao's first-person point of view and he can't read her mind.
it's pretty clear (to me anyway) she initially had no intention to sleep with Hisao, but that's the direction things headed in
Again, severely shortchanging her. She purposely sought out Hisao shortly before nightfall; led Hisao into her room from a completely different part of the campus; told him to lock the door; drew the curtains closed; and stripped naked in front of him. To believe that she did not intend for that to lead to a sexual situation is to paint her as the most wretchedly stupid 18-year-old in the history of the world.
afterwards she says she did it because she hoped by doing so Hisao would see her as her own person
Not quite. It was to get him to see her as more than a target for protectiveness; more than a mere burden to him. A complete person. She is her own regardless.

And, now, back to the current message…
In [i]this[/i] message again, Eurobeatjester wrote:Hanako is the only girl who is self defined by her disability.
No, she isn't either. She's defined by her life experiences, just like everyone else (in the world!) is. Her life experiences tell her that people suck and are to be avoided. So, she does.
A huge part of her (and Lily's) route involves her getting the courage to both find and express herself. None of the other girls have this problem.
100% disagreed. They all have this problem. Hanako's case is just the most obvious.
Hanako is also the only girl who doesn't flaunt, revel in, or even seem to acknowledge a sexual side in her route.
I'm not sure how a socially-avoidant person would be shown to flaunt or revel in much of anything prior to a major breakthrough (aside from reveling in solitude, which, again, can't be shown from Hisao's point of view). Nature of the beast. Even as it is, though, with that breakthrough coming during her very last scene, she immediately follows it up with a very public romantic kiss on the street. Seems like reveling and a little flaunting to me.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote