Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mahorfeus

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Mahorfeus »

It's good to be king?
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mahorfeus wrote:It's good to be king?
He had a broken heart too... too much of a good thing?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Manako

Post by Manako »

metalangel wrote: No, you can be attractive and still have problems. What you do need to do is not expect people to come to you. Get out there and live the best life you can, be someone who is a good person to be with. All the effort I've put into fitness and weight loss over the last year? It makes me feel amazing, and in turn it makes me more attractive and confident as a potential partner.
Again an excellent point, but what I wanted to mean with "are everyone OK if they aren't out ot shape slob ?" was more "Are everyone physically attractive if they aren't out of shape slob" ? This is certainly the case for many people. (99% of so-called "unattractive" ones just have a problem of confidence and don't know how enhance themselves, if it's comprehensive since it's far to be simple) but it could more difficult to be confident with a more rooted physical unattractiveness. (And confidence could be less usefull in this kind of cases, looks always matters after all)
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

brythain wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Besides, even the Abrahamic marriages had plenty of concubines, which is very much not a form of monogamy.
Solomon was said (in 1 Kings 11) to have 700 wives and 300 concubines. Even allowing room for poetic exaggeration, that's quite a lot. And he was the one who asked to be made the wisest man in the world!
Kim Jong Il was said to have invented the cheeseburger and got 11 hole in ones his first golf outing.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

LilyKitsune wrote:
brythain wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Besides, even the Abrahamic marriages had plenty of concubines, which is very much not a form of monogamy.
Solomon was said (in 1 Kings 11) to have 700 wives and 300 concubines. Even allowing room for poetic exaggeration, that's quite a lot. And he was the one who asked to be made the wisest man in the world!
Kim Jong Il was said to have invented the cheeseburger and got 11 hole in ones his first golf outing.
Yeah. But the Bible is never wrong or lies* though.

*Christian Logic

Also I think this is going a wheee bit of topic don't you think?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

YutoTheOrc wrote: Not to mention illegal in most if not all first and second world countries.
All else aside, I feel compelled to note that 2nd world countries no longer exist. That term originated in the Cold War, with 1st world countries being American allies, 2nd world Soviet allies, and 3rd world neutral. Despite current use, 3rd world technically includes such backwards hellholes as Switzerland. 1st and 3rd world hang on today being used not quite accurately as synonyms to "developed' and "undeveloped/developing" countries, but 2nd world died in '91.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And then you have post-developed or de-developing nations, which are functionally equivalent to developing nations, except going the other direction towards least-developed nations.

However, because the US is leading the way towards that, if you follow the Western theory of three worlds, it's still (by definition) a first-world nation. It's just that parts of the third-world are better off than parts of the first-world.

In any case, would China not count as a remnant of the Second World? Or a few other scattered Communist(ish) states? (It depends on how you count it - it seems where the whole first world vs. second world terminology grew, it was Communism, not being allied with the Soviet Union, that determined membership in the second world, but some definitions are dependent on being allied with the Soviet Union.)

And, speaking of China, there's always the Chinese three worlds theory, which consists of superpowers, lesser powers, and exploited nations... which doesn't exactly match up with current usage of the "first world" versus "third world" terms (as most of the "first world" is actually second world in that system), but it's closer. (And, even under that system, the US is first-world (and in fact is the only first-world nation), even as it's de-developing.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

bhtooefr wrote:Words, words words
Alright, I'm just gonna ask: In what way is the US de-developing? Is it our economy, because yeah that's gotten a bit worse. I mean, I just...don't really know. Like, yeah, it's certainly not the best place in the world, but it's far from terrible.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Growing income inequality, declining educational standards, increasing homelessness.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

bhtooefr wrote:Growing income inequality, declining educational standards, increasing homelessness.
Yeah, makes sense. Especially education-wise. I'm really glad Obama passed that bill that forgives federal student debts after 15 years. It's....not so much, but it's a start, definitely.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

azumeow wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Growing income inequality, declining educational standards, increasing homelessness.
Yeah, makes sense. Especially education-wise. I'm really glad Obama passed that bill that forgives federal student debts after 15 years. It's....not so much, but it's a start, definitely.
Pfft we have to wait 30 years over here :lol: This is the reason why I didn't go to Uni.

Well, aside from my horrifying exam results
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I have never seen the word "de-development" used to describe the United States before. :lol:

All things considered, it sounds more than a tad overdramatic.

This being off-topic of course, unless the economy leaves you in despair.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

There's a lot of social issues involved as well.

Up until the early 1990s, we had the Cold war with Russia and as a result, nearly every innovation we made was because we were in a pissing match against the commies.

When the Soviet Union collapsed leaving the US the world's only superpower, in a lot of those areas we've gotten extremely lazy over the last 25 years. The US has been falling like a stone in almost every single measurable aspect the last decade in things like per capita income, infant mortality rate, literacy, life expectancy, etc.

If you try to point this out, especially as someone considered "younger," you get absolutely crucified and defamed by the older generation who stick their fingers in their ears and still cling to the notion that the US is the greatest country on earth and nothing can change that.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Eurobeatjester wrote: If you try to point this out, especially as someone considered "younger," you get absolutely crucified and defamed by the older generation who stick their fingers in their ears and still cling to the notion that the US is the greatest country on earth and nothing can change that.
"But, china owns about 1/3 of your economy"
"Im not listening to you, 'merica, bald eagle, would you like freedom with those fries?"
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

I'm a moron. I am a moron. I AM A FUCKING MORON.

Well, some of you may remember my...kinda psychotic ex. The one who got kinda suicidal, scared me off, faked a suicide attempt and brain cancer, and has been in and out of my life for the past two years.

She's back.

I want her back. But I don't. I don't know. I kinda do. It'd be easier. Maybe. I...I'm honestly just confused. I miss her. Before everything went to shit, I was SO happy. That was probably the happiest time of my life, being with her. There was a time when I'd have given up everything just to be with her. Drop out of my University, move hundreds of miles, even get married in a church (was really "enlightened" back then, in the fedora sense).

Well, now that most of that's gone anyway, I realized that in reality, being with her was one of the only truly good things I have. But fear not! I'm not about to reach the emotional Blue Screen of Death. Probably. I want to be with her. I do. Maybe it's a bad idea. Maybe it's not. It's been a long time. We've both gotten plenty of psychological help since then (though I'll be needing about seven or eight more metric fucktons). She just got back from training for the National Guard. I'm going to see her next week during my Thanksgiving break.

Basically, here's how I feel: I do want to be with her. She's seeing someone now, but knowing our history, there's a pretty decent shot that the longer we spend around each other, the more likely we'll be to gravitate back to each other. She and I have history, and even if it isn't all great, she...she proved to me that I can be happy. In a time of pain, misery, agony, heartache and suffering, she became a beacon of light and joy. I truly loved her.

And I fucked it up by running away when she needed me to actually CARE about her and help her understand her feelings.

I'll be honest, I....left a lot out. She...has a past. One that I wasn't exactly kind about at some points. I think I may have done a lot more damage than I realized with things I said. I know I hurt her at times, but when she started talking about how she didn't know what she'd do without me, I got scared and ran off. Probably could have, and should have handled it better. She says she forgives me. I don't. Not yet.

I've said and believe that I've been through hell and back. This girl has spent most of her life living there. Literally everything I've gone through, literally everything except for the current degradation of my body...she's suffered significantly worse. She is so immensely stronger than I am that it fucking baffles me. She was there for me when I needed her, and while she wasn't perfect, she was pretty good about it.

It was KS that taught me just what she meant to me. Lilly's route, to be exact. When Hisao nearly died to get Lilly, it made me realize that I really was in love with this girl and wanted to be with her. It was too little, too late. We were talking, but she was trying to move on.

She hasn't. Not completely. I know it. We have a mutual friend, and...well, things they've both said pretty heavily indicate that she still at least has some affection for me. That, along with the fact that she keeps calling and texting me, being silly and cutesy...especially after how many times I've tried to make her leave. The things I did and said. She was what I should have been and have always wanted to be: ever-loyal at the end of the day, no matter how angry or vicious I was.

I want to at least use this to truly change who I am. I've begun working on my commitment issues. Even if this girl never wants to be with me again and just wants to be friends (but let's be honest, we've gotten back together and broken up a LOT, I highly doubt being 'just friends' will last), I'm okay with that.

I am. I fucked up. If it cost me a future with this girl, that is not the end of the world. I'm going to a different college next year...probably. I'll be able to meet all sorts of new people. Change the direction of my life. Even if I can't be with this girl, I can look back on our fond memories, the good times we had, and use them as a way to create a more beautiful and happy path for myself and whomever is crazy enough to stick with me. I'll keep the mistakes we made and use them as lessons. I want to be a better person for this. Not for her. For me. I want to be happy again.

I hate sitting in this bed 80-90% of the day, doing nothing, barely eating, lying here in self-pity and depression. My mind feels like it's falling apart: I have no motivation to do anything. It comes it extremely short bursts, and everything I do is just whim.

I'm depressed. Truly, severely depressed. This is what I was like last semester, this is what I was like when my friend Chris died. Nearly catatonic. Days go by without any real...existence. They're formless. One day is no different from the last. I can get out of this, but I'll need help. I'll need my family, I'll need therapy, I'll need people who truly love me and want to help me. Maybe that's why I'm so receptive to getting close to her again.

This is Hanako's Broken Heart Club, and my heart is sure as shit broken. It's a monster. A cruel, twisted abomination, made of steel and flesh and fire. But it works. And I swear on the graves of all those I've lost, I swear on my own life, that I will not let a broken heart keep me from being happy. I'll get miles of duct tape, glue and staples if that's what's needed. Because I am one thing above all else: I am a Survivor. I am tough. I cannot be destroyed. Shatter me into a million pieces, I'll rebuild.

Because FUCK YOU, world! I am the master of my destiny, no one else. And I say...my destiny is greater than this.