Headphones

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Juno

Re: Headphones

Post by Juno »

cpl_crud wrote:Actually I'm a bad example. I'm not sure what "normal" people do when it comes to listening to things.
I have these cheap 15€ no-brand headphones on all the time when using my laptop. Partly because laptop speakers suck, partly because I don't live alone so I don't need to bother my people with whatever, partly because it helps not hearing other people's shit as well.
Bara

Post by Bara »

cpl_crud wrote:Actually I'm a bad example. I'm not sure what "normal" people do when it comes to listening to things.
I just use a $40.00 pair of Koss SB-40; primarily for the mic in gaming; but also for the comfort of wearing them. I wear glasses and untill I got these I never found a pair of headphones I could wear for more than an hour untill I came across these. If you want to look at these clunkers the Koss webpage is below because I'm too lazy to link it propperly. :wink:

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p? ... Emm%5ESB40

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
XtC

Post by XtC »

Well i actually don't consider the afore mentioned sets as 'abnormal' per se since i've seen people who modify their own headsets. I myself just use some(which are better than all those on the list, no offense crud :) ) Denon HP700's with slightly modified drivers for my music, games, and DJ practice.:
and yeah i know my camera sucks :(
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

How can any of you live with yourself?
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Juno

Post by Juno »

cpl_crud wrote:How can any of you live with yourself?
Well, I got decades of practice behind me.
ccdr

Post by ccdr »

These things

250$ USD

I also had a 600 dollar pair whose name and brand escapes me at the minute but they were stolen from me recently.
Attachments
41VE8H85JWL._SS400_.jpg
41VE8H85JWL._SS400_.jpg (17.74 KiB) Viewed 5256 times
She heard mermaids, so it follows that something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I have an everlasting cold, but luckily I’m terribly dishonest. I cling to that.
<NicolArmarfi> so yeah speed grapher was bad
<NicolArmarfi> damn i only watched it because i thought that it was about a mathematician
<NicolArmarfi> who graphs things incredibly fast
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

Simple. I turn up the distortion on my guitar amp.

But in all honesty, yes I spend more on headphones per year than the average man does on utility bills. I just break them all the time.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
flurk

Post by flurk »

ZystraL wrote:
I turn up the distortion on my guitar amp.
seriously, how can you live with yourself? get a ******* pedal!
The Chemist

Post by The Chemist »

cpl_crud wrote:I use Cubase 4 but I haevn't bothered to upgrade to 5 as I haven't done anything serious in.... well, less than a decade but greater than a year.

I used to have a lot more stuff but when I realised it was doing nothing but gathering dust and losing values I flogged most of it last year.

Also a little more news now that I've had the Edition 8's on for a bit.

For a closed-back headphone tehy hold their own against the Grados. I am more familiar with the Grados, and the extra ventilation feels a little nicer. They are also a little lighter.

At the workshop I thought that the Edition8's bass was better than the GS1000, which it is, but I don't think it's by much.

I honestly think anyone would be happy with either.
Are you looking for a 48-channel, 16-buss digital console by any chance? I'm trying to get rid of mine to finish paying my PTHD system off.
ZystraL wrote:It was an awesome scenario. Sitting on green grass staring at the clouds...with a laptop slowly burning your junk and giving you testicular cancer.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

No.

If I ever wanted to mix something serious, I'd do it at work.

Then again no harm in asking....

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
The Chemist

Post by The Chemist »

Do you work at a studio?

Cause word up for working in a studio.

Or, slaving in a mix room, in my case.
ZystraL wrote:It was an awesome scenario. Sitting on green grass staring at the clouds...with a laptop slowly burning your junk and giving you testicular cancer.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Not as such.

Before you all came along I would have mentioned it but now that people are actually looking at these forums I no longer find it appropriate to mention my workplace.

That being said I am a technical advisor on sound gear.

------
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

These are what my employers gave me to wear at work and I've been wearing since forever. Having a hearing deficiency (cookie bite), I would have stayed the hell out of this thread...but my hearing aids got fitted this morning and I wanted to try out the 'music' setting on them.

Sennheiser HD 400, long since discontinued.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

flurk wrote:
ZystraL wrote:
I turn up the distortion on my guitar amp.
seriously, how can you live with yourself? get a ******* pedal!
MXR Distortion+ / Ibanez DS-& / Peavey Vypyr / Behringer ultra Flanger 200 / Ibanez Wailing Demon / Boss TURBO Distortion DS-2 is my main gigging rig.

also, my overheads are HD201 Game's, which I often plug right into my guitar. Much fun.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
The Chemist

Post by The Chemist »

ZystraL wrote: MXR Distortion+ / Ibanez DS-& / Peavey Vypyr / Behringer ultra Flanger 200 / Ibanez Wailing Demon / Boss TURBO Distortion DS-2 is my main gigging rig.

also, my overheads are HD201 Game's, which I often plug right into my guitar. Much fun.
Epic.

This is the rig I used to use for a few months:

Boss BluesDriver2 --> MXR Carbon Copy (Side-Chained)--> Yamaha ComPRESSor --> Ibanez Wailing Demon (Side-Chained) --> VL GCX --> 1:Bogen MXA-30 2: Roland JC-120 3: Ampeg SVT-3 --> DIY 4x12 Cab, Stereo