Does Shizune Know..?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Does Shizune Know..?

Post by Munchenhausen »

I was reading an embarrassing tale from a Deaf person once, and it brought this to my attention. Has anyone told Shizune that farting makes a noise?

Like, she could go about her business and fart very causally and she wouldn't know everyone heard her. Nobody has the heart to tell her, or they jus assume she knows.

What if she's on a fancy first date with Hisao and she just gruffs in front of him and he bursts out laughing? I know I would.

Fuck me, Shizune's route would be very different.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Re: Does Shizune Know..?

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:I was reading an embarrassing tale from a Deaf person once, and it brought this to my attention. Has anyone told Shizune that farting makes a noise?

Like, she could go about her business and fart very causally and she wouldn't know everyone heard her. Nobody has the heart to tell her, or they jus assume she knows.

What if she's on a fancy first date with Hisao and she just gruffs in front of him and he bursts out laughing? I know I would.

Fuck me, Shizune's route would be very different.
She can certainly smell it. She can certainly feel the vibration it would make, and the relative pressure of each fart. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Just when it seems like every possible avenue of Katawa Shoujo discussion has been explored.. :lol:

She'd feel the vibrations and could probably surmise how loud each fart must be from there, but those quiet-but-deadly farts that you never hold in? There's the deal breaker. And with all the fatty and often fried foods she and Misha seem to regularly consume, I bet their gas is pretty potent.

That last sentence was the last sentence I ever expected myself to write about those two. :shock:
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I know she would be aware of the vibrations, but without being explicitly told, what are the chances that she assumes they don't make a noise if she's standing? Maybe it's just something that's never crossed her mind :lol:

I dunno, the confession from the Deaf guy said he only discovered they made any noise when he was 20 :P Can't help but feel sorry for the poor lad
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Shizune (and other deaf folks) are often very aware of how to produce sound and get a reaction from hearing people. Snapping fingers, clapping hands, knocking on a table. I know several signs for fart, all of which show the physicality of gas being passed. Poor guy in your story not realizing strikes me as unusual and unfortunate!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... story.html
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I think this would do better in the "Random KS Discussion" thread, but yeah.

She probably would know as someone likely has told her/she already knows that letting one rip makes a sound.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Steinherz wrote:I think this would do better in the "Random KS Discussion" thread, but yeah.

She probably would know as someone likely has told her/she already knows that letting one rip makes a sound.
When I saw the title of the new thread, I thought immediately that it matched the scansion for ABBA's 'Does Your Mother Know?' :lol:
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
d2r

Post by d2r »

Shizune's aware of sound - look at how she's described as having mastered an incredibly loud snap of the fingers in order to get people's attention. I seriously doubt she wouldn't have figured this out too.

Also, MFW this thread.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Atario

Post by Atario »

This made me wonder: could Lilly's "composed and in control of herself at all times" demeanor come at least partially from not knowing if some unrevealed person sees her? (Aside from situations where the possibility has been eliminated, like being in her room with the door shut.)

Maybe she even decided this after being burned by just such an embarrassing case or two?

(I mean generally. Not specifically about farting. :lol:)
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Munchenhausen wrote:I know she would be aware of the vibrations, but without being explicitly told, what are the chances that she assumes they don't make a noise if she's standing? Maybe it's just something that's never crossed her mind :lol:

I dunno, the confession from the Deaf guy said he only discovered they made any noise when he was 20 :P Can't help but feel sorry for the poor lad
If it vibrates, it makes sound. That's like...something 101, I think. Barring things existing in a vacuum and such.

@Atario: Even with her room door closed, maybe someone's silently hiding in the corner. I'm amazed Lilly isn't as paranoid as Kenji, actually... :lol:
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I can imagine Hanako falling asleep during a wine tasting party and Lilly completely forgetting she's there, because alcohol.

Oh, the directions you can take that scenario ;)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Munchenhausen wrote:I can imagine Hanako falling asleep during a wine tasting party and Lilly completely forgetting she's there, because alcohol.

Oh, the directions you can take that scenario ;)
Lilly be all "Hanako's asleep. Post poniesGive her the chocolate."

:twisted:
Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:Oh, the directions you can take that scenario ;)
My seeck leetle myeend can come up with plenty, but the most realistic seems like Lilly tripping over her and possibly getting badly injured. :(
Charmant wrote:Post poniesGive her the chocolate."
Not sure which of those is sicker :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

Atario wrote:This made me wonder: could Lilly's "composed and in control of herself at all times" demeanor come at least partially from not knowing if some unrevealed person sees her? (Aside from situations where the possibility has been eliminated, like being in her room with the door shut.)

Maybe she even decided this after being burned by just such an embarrassing case or two?
I imagine that's really only a small part of it which she likely to have gotten used to as she grew up. I marked it up to Lilly being born into a rich family and then sent to a Catholic school being where she got her "composed and in control of herself at all times."

And let's not forget that her hearing is much more focused and stronger than most people, so even if someone was trying to hide nearby her, she's likely to hear them, anyway. Like if someone just happens to let out a very low fart...(See what I did there?)
brythain

Post by brythain »

KSPuff wrote:Like if someone just happens to let out a very low fart...(See what I did there?)
That's a very low blow. You might say, even dis-gusting. Are you trying to wind us up? :D