Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Zarys »

ogorhan wrote:
Wow really? Did you just say that? Its not like we can choose how we look but thats just a shit thing to say. I hope you dont say stuff like that irl to others.

I know that you dont mean ill but please think before you type something :?

Obviously I don't said things like that irl, (almost) nobody do it, but does it changes the reality of the thing ?
And don't worry, I include myself in this category, so it was not intented to sound like an insult.

I just admit that people with this kind of issues had just the choice between "accept themselves" even if it don't improves their life at all (still ugly and just had the choice between being alone or with someone don't attractive at all, what a happy perspective even if you "accept yourself" !); many people said to be happy with nothing or had this strange survival drive who allow them to endures the worst pains without reason or hope of a better life; but I really think I'm not one of them. (It would have been more honest and human to euthanize me when it was becomed evident what I was doomed to become : Cm'on even in the graduate school class photos I was always the ugliest, the weirdest and the most lonely; no like I had a had a real economic future too, it's hypocrit and cruel to gives me the task to do it myself in a instant of despair and lack of conciouness.)

But yeah, I suposse since I used a word a bit too harsh (Even if I totaly thinked It was really appropriate to describe me) makes me jerk even if it's me who is suffering :| ...I mean, even you aren't fine, it's still so bad to don't be positive right ? everyone must smilles when they want to cry or slap someone or themselves, right ? :( I just want to don't act here...so uncomprenhensible ?

Don't worry, I will certainly never bothering someone again with my negative attitude.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I can understand that nobody cares, sorry for the inconvenience. (But since I'M the inconvenience, it's a bit difficult to avoit it) :(
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
d2r

Post by d2r »

Miscommunication happens. Don't worry about it.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

My heart is broken because Spunky Six isnt around making page long Emi posts anymore.

[SadCoffee]
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
d2r

Post by d2r »

CoffeeDrive wrote:My heart is broken because Spunky Six isnt around making page long Emi posts anymore.

[SadCoffee]
He will be remembered.

;_;7
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Gone but never forgotten
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

CoffeeDrive wrote:My heart is broken because Spunky Six isnt around making page long Emi posts anymore.

[SadCoffee]
Spunky, Potato and I were the three musketeers, forged on the battlefields of the long-locked Achievements thread :'(

I miss those two fuckers.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
d2r

Post by d2r »

Oh, god, I'd almost forgotten Potato.

I never asked for these feels, Munch - what have you done? :cry:

Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Zarys wrote:(still ugly and just had the choice between being alone or with someone don't attractive at all, what a happy perspective even if you "accept yourself" !);
"Ugly people will always be objectively ugly to everyone forever and their only choices in life are to die alone or find another ugly person!" I'm beginning to think physical ugliness is not your biggest problem. Also that you don't know what a hypocrite is because not euthanizing you doesn't make anybody a hypocrite. O.o
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

If you think of yourself as 'ugly' then likely that's how the world will see you too. It's ok to acknowledge that maybe you don't look like a model or movie star, most people don't (especially without all the grooming and makeup help they get), but don't think of yourself as ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Just do what you can with what you've got, stay clean and neat and keep yourself well groomed, and don't think about not having anyone or being alone instead think positive. Think about what you can do to improve yourself or the world or whatever, or focus on whatever you're doing at the moment, just don't keep thinking about what you feel is bad about your life.

Surely there are some things you have or things you like to do (read, play KS, whatever) that make you happy or satisfied. We all have a rather severely limited time to be alive, and never know when it will stop, so what good is spending all that time feeling bad or thinking about negative things? I'm rather lonely myself right now. Have been for a while really, KS kind of woke me up from being pretty much a drone for years though, and now I'm focusing on that good things that I do have, and improving myself in whatever ways that I can. Not being very successful on that last part, but I keep trying. Bought more art stuffs today because there was a sale, and once again did the stretching I need to do before starting the Couch-to-5k stuff (but still haven't managed to actually start that - tomorrow for sure!).

tl;dr - focus on the good stuff in your life, improve yourself, keep well groomed and make sure you smell nice (or at least not stinky), and do stuff that you like! You're not ugly!
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

300BillionDegrees wrote:If you think of yourself as 'ugly' then likely that's how the world will see you too.

tl;dr - focus on the good stuff in your life, improve yourself, keep well groomed and make sure you smell nice (or at least not stinky), and do stuff that you like! You're not ugly!
I'm trans and I don't pass. I'd need facial surgery.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

So you make a manly woman? I've seen plenty of cis- women like that. I realize being trans comes with a whole raft of issues, but the above still applies. Do what you can with what you've got, and be confident. At the very least remember that there is a lot more to a person than their looks - something everyone who played KS should pick up on.

Also relevant to everyone thinking about ugly: Meaghan Ramsey's TED talk on people thinking that they're ugly (12m06s)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Thinking that you're ugly is an ugly way of thinking.
brythain

Post by brythain »

I think that to think of oneself as ugly is a legitimate but melancholy perspective. The roots of the word 'ugly' are Old Norse, implying a fearsome and horrifying appearance, something monstrous, supernaturally terrifying to behold. The idea of being physically repulsive is there, the sense of causing revulsion. 'Ugly' was used for the most extreme cases; ugliness was the opposite of beauty, not just the absence of it.

It's only in our last few hundred years that the genteel and careless have made 'ugly' a simple pejorative term for anything unpleasant. That allows some of us to apply it to ourselves in the sense of 'a face only a mother could love' and stuff like that. Any unpleasant behaviour? 'Ugly.' That is weak. We're not even monsters, we just have a (to ourselves) lack of beauty, physical or behavioural or moral. Some people are within the large, broad range of normality, but because they aren't unusually beautiful, the think they're ugly. I believe, however, that when I call myself 'ugly', I have to meaningfully own that term and its linguistic inheritance.

I have called myself 'pleasantly ugly' in the past and still think of myself that way. In some configurations, I can produce a fearsome appearance—or at least my various students, nieces, nephews and assorted godchildren think so. People won't ever think of me as looking beautiful, or appearing handsome. But remember: the term is all about APPEARANCE. It is an unfortunate (the Norse would have said 'unhappy') mask that can conceal all manner of true heroic and positive character. A beautiful appearance can mask a moral monster as much as an ugly appearance can mask a pleasing and beautiful nature.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

300BillionDegrees wrote:So you make a manly woman? I've seen plenty of cis- women like that. I realize being trans comes with a whole raft of issues, but the above still applies. Do what you can with what you've got, and be confident. At the very least remember that there is a lot more to a person than their looks - something everyone who played KS should pick up on.

Also relevant to everyone thinking about ugly: Meaghan Ramsey's TED talk on people thinking that they're ugly (12m06s)
Unfortunately thats not how im seen. Nobody sees me as a "manly woman" they just see me as a man. Or disgusting. But not me. Not that there's a whole lot to see, but it would feel better. Looks might not be everything, but you have to at least get a foot in the door. I cant.