Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Munchenhausen »

Steinherz wrote:Emi and Rin's? There's a lot of quadriplegic people who are able to function normally (with some help)

Example: There's a person who's quadriplegic who is Master Tier in North America in League of Legends (Master tier is the tier just below challenger: AKA Pro), and another Korean quadriplegic player who's Gold in Korea, or Diamond 3 NA :lol:
I've heard Katawako gets along pretty well too :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Steinherz wrote: Deaf/Mute? Helen Keller signs hello :lol:
I think you mean deafblind.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

metalangel wrote:
Come to think of it, Shizune's a Deafmute anyway, isn't she? ;P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Munchenhausen wrote:
metalangel wrote:
Come to think of it, Shizune's a Deafmute anyway, isn't she? ;P
Yeah, deafblind.

Shizune is deaf, and implied to be mute by choice.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Many deaf can speak...but it's not very usefull. (Try to speak without hear your own voice)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Steinherz wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote: Come to think of it, Shizune's a Deafmute anyway, isn't she? ;P
Yeah, deafblind.

Shizune is deaf, and implied to be mute by choice.
Deafmute is generally considered to be an offensive term. 'deaf' is sufficient for Shizune.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Mahorfeus wrote:Having Rika and Saki's disabilities both at once would suck massively.

Fuckin' Potara, man.
What about Lilly and Shizune's?
Or Emi and Rin's?
I think people could live out rather long and fulfilling lives with those combos, though not without hardships.

Raki Syndrome on the other hand, guarantees that you will either die a slow, horrible death, or an abrupt yet equally horrible but relatively less painful one. :P
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Now that I've forgotten most of my choices in previous playthroughs (On purpose) I'm going through the entire roller coaster again. My rules are basically no chart, no meta-gaming, I have to make each decision as it comes to me. If I get particularly stumped on how I would react I may not consult my previous experience.
Last edited by Broomhead on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

Mahorfeus wrote:Raki Syndrome on the other hand, guarantees that you will either die a slow, horrible death, or an abrupt yet equally horrible but relatively less painful one. :P
:shock:
I knew that most of the disabilities and conditions introduced to us inKS is supposed to be jarring in the least but I never realized how horrifying that is either way.
Poor Raki.... :cry:
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Hisao is fairly similar to Rika in that respect.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Hisao is fairly similar to Rika in that respect.
Actually, I kinda goofed. :oops: I was thinking of Saki when I wrote that.

I mean it's pretty bad either way for all 3 of them. But knowing your body is slowly going to breakdown as you wait to die is a horrifying thought to me. I know Saki is supposed to be super positive about her life but I'm sure that thought is always in the back of her mind.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

KSPuff wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:Hisao is fairly similar to Rika in that respect.
Actually, I kinda goofed. :oops: I was thinking of Saki when I wrote that.

I mean it's pretty bad either way for all 3 of them. But knowing your body is slowly going to breakdown as you wait to die is a horrifying thought to me. I know Saki is supposed to be super positive about her life but I'm sure that thought is always in the back of her mind.
It can certainly seem that way to a lot of people. But to a few, it's a burden taken off of their mind, and it can be a tremendous source of inner strength that I think few can match.

When you think about it, the one thing that all people have in common is that one day, we will die. A lot of people never confront this or think about it in passing. After all, it can be a very depressing thing to think about. Not just the fact that some day we will die, but most people are scared to think of or dwell on the details of how and when it will happen because it's a very scary thought. It's not just the fear of death itself, it's the fear of how and when.

Shot down by a mugger for the few pieces of paper in your wallet? Hit by a drunk driver? Blown up while crossing the finish line at a marathon? Burned to death? Drowning? Some freak accident? Or peacefully in your sleep at 90, surrounded by loved ones?

Saki (and people that are terminal like her) have this question answered, for better or for worse. It can be a horrifying revelation but what's worse? Knowing how bad it is, or not knowing at all? They can freak out about the disease, but at the same time, they can do what few others can - truly shake off the fear and worry that surrounds death.

Is it better to know or not to know? If you could learn the time and method that you would die, would it free you subconsciously from worrying or would it completely consume you?

There's no right or wrong answer to that question. It's one of those things that's a personal truth to whoever is asked the question.

As for myself, if something doesn't kill me first, I'm pretty certain I know how, if not when. Everyone on both sides of my family as far back as we can trace has been susceptible to and suffered from mental disorders as they got older. Dementia, Alzheimers, etc. And most of them had cancer contributing to it as well. In short, when it comes to genetics, I'm fucked.

I've watched multiple great grandparents, grandparents, great uncles and aunts, etc go from being some of the strongest, amazing people I've ever known to being a husk of their former selves, both physically and mentally and with incredible amounts of pain. And what wasn't ever said but hung over the entire family's heads when this happened is what a tremendous stress it puts on everyone emotionally and financially. Everyone knows the person is better off dead. Nobody will say it, but it's a relief when it comes. But despite this, everyone tries to keep that person alive as long as possible without stopping to think if they should.

If I start to decline like that, I'll opt for a peaceful way out that won't result in suffering for myself or my loved ones.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

Eurobeatjester wrote:It can certainly seem that way to a lot of people. But to a few, it's a burden taken off of their mind, and it can be a tremendous source of inner strength that I think few can match.

When you think about it, the one thing that all people have in common is that one day, we will die. A lot of people never confront this or think about it in passing. After all, it can be a very depressing thing to think about. Not just the fact that some day we will die, but most people are scared to think of or dwell on the details of how and when it will happen because it's a very scary thought. It's not just the fear of death itself, it's the fear of how and when.

Shot down by a mugger for the few pieces of paper in your wallet? Hit by a drunk driver? Blown up while crossing the finish line at a marathon? Burned to death? Drowning? Some freak accident? Or peacefully in your sleep at 90, surrounded by loved ones?

Saki (and people that are terminal like her) have this question answered, for better or for worse. It can be a horrifying revelation but what's worse? Knowing how bad it is, or not knowing at all? They can freak out about the disease, but at the same time, they can do what few others can - truly shake off the fear and worry that surrounds death.

Is it better to know or not to know? If you could learn the time and method that you would die, would it free you subconsciously from worrying or would it completely consume you?

There's no right or wrong answer to that question. It's one of those things that's a personal truth to whoever is asked the question.

As for myself, if something doesn't kill me first, I'm pretty certain I know how, if not when. Everyone on both sides of my family as far back as we can trace has been susceptible to and suffered from mental disorders as they got older. Dementia, Alzheimers, etc. And most of them had cancer contributing to it as well. In short, when it comes to genetics, I'm fucked.

I've watched multiple great grandparents, grandparents, great uncles and aunts, etc go from being some of the strongest, amazing people I've ever known to being a husk of their former selves, both physically and mentally and with incredible amounts of pain. And what wasn't ever said but hung over the entire family's heads when this happened is what a tremendous stress it puts on everyone emotionally and financially. Everyone knows the person is better off dead. Nobody will say it, but it's a relief when it comes. But despite this, everyone tries to keep that person alive as long as possible without stopping to think if they should.

If I start to decline like that, I'll opt for a peaceful way out that won't result in suffering for myself or my loved ones.
Now, I can see why you write the Saki Psuedo Route. To have such an understanding of effects and thoughts around one's death is truly rare.

Honestly, this has given a quite a bit to think about. I mean, beyond KS. Thank you, EBJ.
Atario

Post by Atario »

While poking around the Innerwebz, I found this thing which lists several armless people who are kind of amazing (including a painter, hi Rin). I still think the armless pianist is the most impressive.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Eurobeatjester wrote: As for myself, if something doesn't kill me first, I'm pretty certain I know how, if not when. Everyone on both sides of my family as far back as we can trace has been susceptible to and suffered from mental disorders as they got older. Dementia, Alzheimers, etc. And most of them had cancer contributing to it as well. In short, when it comes to genetics, I'm fucked.

Heeeyyyyyy, it's like we're twinsies! We've got cancer, alzheimer's and liver disease running in my families. I refuse to become a husk. Total paralysis maybe I'd be okay with, but if my mind goes, I want my body to go with it.

Though I already have the ill fortune of it starting to happen...rather early.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"