Shipping the spares?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KSPuff

Re: Shipping the spares?

Post by KSPuff »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:"Nurse x Meiko, but those are hinted at so heavily they're pretty much canon"
Wait, Really? How did I miss this one?!? Was it younger style texting?

I just figured that they just stay in touch because of Emi, I don't much about them being in contact for more than that.

As for me, the only Spare pairing I thought of is:

Kenji X Miki - You may know the old saying: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." She would be easier for him to approach given her slender appearance combined with his near blindness and her more guy-like aloof approach to life. Maybe he could slowly start befriending her in hopes of getting feminists secrets and then it blooms into something more?
brythain

Post by brythain »

KSPuff wrote:As for me, the only Spare pairing I thought of is:

Kenji X Miki - You may know the old saying: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." She would be easier for him to approach given her slender appearance combined with his near blindness and her more guy-like aloof approach to life. Maybe he could slowly start befriending her in hopes of getting feminists secrets and then it blooms into something more?
I think it might have worked. Some time ago, I wrote this. It's from Kenji's point of view and takes place a few years after the events in the VN.
“You’re the Fist,” I say quietly, surprising myself. I turn away, look out over the city. “You’re the best,” I whisper. I’m not sure whom I’m talking to anymore. But when I look up and see her curious smile, I know that in some way she is pleased.

“Damn right, Kenji,” she says. “What happened to us? We’re awesome now.” She tosses long black hair in the air, cocks her head at me, offers me her fist. My knuckles and hers meet. The fire in her eyes sears through my glasses.

Three weeks together. They are indeed ‘awesome’. She is like my brother, my sister, my friend. What she isn’t, is my lover. Nobody will ever believe that, I guess. She’s all heat and allure, like a jumpjet in a jumpsuit. She has a hunger in her. I can’t help but respond even though I don’t know why.

We learn to be friends without benefits, as she says. She’s both a test and a benchmark for me. Somehow, she’s learnt to keep that balance well. We almost fall, always survive. She shows me the great secrets of her Nagasaki. We tell the stories we’ve not dared tell other people.

On another hill, on the last day, we kiss goodbye. Her breath is warm, moist, powerful with years of trained lung capacity. My left hand lies idle on her side, her ribs under my palm. It’s just below the swell of her right breast, her dark nipple obvious beneath the thin yellow silk of her halter-top. She holds me—her right hand, my elbow, the fading heat of summer blooming around us. She crooks her left arm around my neck.

This is about two people conquering themselves, maybe their fears. They’re learning that they don’t need to be strangers if they’re not quite lovers. Learning, perhaps, that they can love without giving it all away. Is there such a thing?

No, nobody will ever believe it. When we part at the train station, she has a naughty, mysterious smile on her face. Perhaps, I have one too. Neither of us knows that it will be years before we meet again. Yet there’s a bond that won’t easily be broken.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:Where are you guys getting the idea that Mutou's a heavy drinker? I don't remember the game saying anything about his drinking habits.
If my addled brain recalls correctly, Hisao notes that Mutou is particularly worse for wear the morning after the festival. Unless he had some active role in making sure that the event didn't go to hell, then getting wasted with other staff members is a viable possibility.

On another note, I've been wondering who I should pair that poor, nameless bastard in 3-3 with. The one who replaced Lelouch.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mahorfeus wrote:On another note, I've been wondering who I should pair that poor, nameless bastard in 3-3 with. The one who replaced Lelouch.
Misaki Kawana, the photography club girl with severe scoliosis. She can tell him to put some spine into it. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
RandomHuman

Post by RandomHuman »

oh and something else i was thinking of is misha a spare? i mean shes not teqnically one of the girls you can have a realationship with but she is a major part of it and you sleep with her.

oh and kenji x the captain of the track team, im guessing he could ask kenji and they would go into that shed but kenji would kinda misunderstand and not realise why there going to the shed until the lubes brought out....
"Oh yes the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it" – Rafiki, Lion King

"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken.... but it's still good...." - Stitch, Lilo and Stich
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Mahorfeus wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:Where are you guys getting the idea that Mutou's a heavy drinker? I don't remember the game saying anything about his drinking habits.
If my addled brain recalls correctly, Hisao notes that Mutou is particularly worse for wear the morning after the festival. Unless he had some active role in making sure that the event didn't go to hell, then getting wasted with other staff members is a viable possibility.
Because getting shitfaced once in celebration is totally the exact same thing as being an alcoholic... Mutou and Akira is just creepy. :lol:

@Random: Spoilers! :P And yeah, Misha's basically a spare.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Charmant wrote:Mutou and Akira is just creepy. :lol:
Er…? Why?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Atario wrote:
Er…? Why?
Because he's an old depressed guy and Akira's a laid-back mafia chick. It just doesn't work.

I wonder who Yuuko would pair with, aside from Kenji...Her timidity and eagerness to please would be compatible with Jigoro's being a massive egotistical dick, but in a really awful way...
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

RandomHuman wrote:oh and something else i was thinking of is misha a spare? i mean shes not teqnically one of the girls you can have a realationship with but she is a major part of it and you sleep with her.
I wouldn't say she's a spare. Definitely I'd class her as a main character
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

Charmant wrote:
Atario wrote:
Er…? Why?
Because he's an old depressed guy and Akira's a laid-back mafia chick. It just doesn't work.
I guess I just don't know what the word "creepy" means anymore…

Also, I never saw him as depressed. Or even all that old. He's a little awkward, but not depressed, and I always thought of him as being around mid/late 30s.
I wonder who Yuuko would pair with, aside from Kenji...Her timidity and eagerness to please would be compatible with Jigoro's being a massive egotistical dick, but in a really awful way...
Ugh. They'd be that one couple everyone wants to report to some authorities or something, but if anyone ever does, they both cover up and dismiss them and it only makes things worse…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
Charmant wrote:Because he's an old depressed guy and Akira's a laid-back mafia chick. It just doesn't work.
I guess I just don't know what the word "creepy" means anymore…

Also, I never saw him as depressed. Or even all that old. He's a little awkward, but not depressed, and I always thought of him as being around mid/late 30s.
Agree in part. However, I always wonder about his back-story. Too much potential material there. Akira, on the other hand, is not just any old chick; she gets along well with Jigoro if you think about it (not in that kind of ship), and you could imagine her with Mutou, trying over a beer or two to get him to be less awkward.
Atario wrote:
Ugh. They'd be that one couple everyone wants to report to some authorities or something, but if anyone ever does, they both cover up and dismiss them and it only makes things worse…
I sometimes think that it would be fun if Yuuko were actually the daughter of the Othello antique store owner. It would explain her interest in foreign history, and be a useful plot hook or plot device. That said, Yuuko x Mutou could be quite sweet.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Munchenhausen wrote: Naomi x Natsume
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I'm signing away but nothing's happening but my screen getting dirtier :(
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Jigoro X Meiko : if they meet I'm sure they would have an affair, but nothing more.
Jigoro is surely the kind of guy who is good to have affair but is hated by women in serious relationships; a bit like Johnny Bravo (who is implied to sucks to seduce women in a relationship purpose but is far to be virgin) except he is very happy with it.
And Meiko certainly don't care about Jigoro's jerkishness if it's just an affair.

For Mutou, I always imagine him as a old bachelor, I don't think he is really bothered by it if he begins to see the disadvantages to be a middle age bachelor and feel a bit lonely.
So Mutou X Nobody.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
brythain

Post by brythain »

Zarys wrote:Jigoro X Meiko : if they meet I'm sure they would have an affair, but nothing more.
Jigoro is surely the kind of guy who is good to have affair but is hated by women in serious relationships; a bit like Johnny Bravo (who is implied to sucks to seduce women in a relationship purpose but is far to be virgin) except he is very happy with it.
And Meiko certainly don't care about Jigoro's jerkishness if it's just an affair.

For Mutou, I always imagine him as a old bachelor, I don't think he is really bothered by it if he begins to see the disadvantages to be a middle age bachelor and feel a bit lonely.
So Mutou X Nobody.
Did you just double-post this? :)

'Shipping the Spares' x 'The Official KS Headcanon Thread'