Shipping the spares?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

RandomHuman

Shipping the spares?

Post by RandomHuman »

I know theres been some old threads like this so I just wanted to know if anyones opinions have changed aon diffrent pairings and why, i find it all quiet intresting.

My first would have to be Nurse x Akira, in my head they just seem to have something to make it work.

My second is actually something I was going to write a fanfiction on but just got to busy with moving ect so im not going to bother; Misha x Emi , I just think that it would be good to see how they would match up and how mishas obviously bubbly personality would kind of force emi to open up since nobody can feel uncomfortable around misha.... shes like a walking marshmallow combined with a jigglypuff. (I know these arent spares but I thought I would mention it since all my other spare pairings have been said on other posts)
"Oh yes the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it" – Rafiki, Lion King

"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken.... but it's still good...." - Stitch, Lilo and Stich
Munchenhausen

Re: Shipping the spares?

Post by Munchenhausen »

Hmmm... I never thought about Akira and Nurse as an item. They just dont really strike me as all that compatable over anything more than polite conversation.

If anything, I'd probably say Mutou and Akira. Mutou's the bedraggled, interesting, attention-deficit older man he's got that Old-Man Swag that the ladies love, kinda like Ezio Auditore, and Akira's a drinker. I can imagine them bumping into eachother at a bar somewhere and bonding over whiskey.
I wouldn't say that's a pairing I would go out of my way to ship, but y'know :P

My spare pairs would probably consist of
Naomi x Natsume
  • a very awkwardly secretive relationship that neither would admit to. They're always together and have been since their first year at Yamaku.
Molly x Takashi
  • She finds his childishness endearing, he appreciates the fact that she seems to be the only girl who will put up with him
Taro x Miki/Ikuno
  • My headcanon is that Taro comes from a family of amazing cooks, he makes the best profiteroles this side of Tokyo. Blame Scissorlips. He has a crush on Miki, but Ikuno has had a crush on him ever since he made her a birthday cake that would be safe for her diabetes... huehuehue
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:If anything, I'd probably say Mutou and Akira.
Ahem... I believe I have already demonstrated why this is viable and yet would not have happened. :)

I also believe in Naomi x Natsume, but also Miki x Rin, Rin x Misha, Misha x Shizune, Kenji x Yuuko, and several others, and I can prove it. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Hanako x Akira concurrent with Shizune's route, and I think I can justify it, although I have to look over Shizune's route again. (Although my headcanon is actually that it happens years after Hanako's own route's good ending.) And, Hanako x Akira is my OTP.

Miki x Molly.

Kenta (the unnamed track team captain) x Kenji.

Hanako x Misha after Developments, although I don't particularly care for it.

Hanako x Naomi x Natsume concurrent with Lilly's good ending. My headcanon is that Hanako's got a thing for red-eyed blondes, and if she can't have Akira...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

...I'm sorry, Mutou x Akira? You must be high. :?
brythain

Post by brythain »

Charmant wrote:...I'm sorry, Mutou x Akira? You must be high. :?
It works. :)
Last edited by brythain on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
RandomHuman

Post by RandomHuman »

brythain wrote:

I think that would be a bit weird and very bdsm focused realatinship
"Oh yes the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it" – Rafiki, Lion King

"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken.... but it's still good...." - Stitch, Lilo and Stich
brythain

Post by brythain »

RandomHuman wrote:
brythain wrote:
I don't think so re the latter. The former, maybe.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

RandomHuman wrote:
brythain wrote:
That sure escalated quickly :lol: Care to elaborate?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
RandomHuman

Post by RandomHuman »

quote="RandomHuman"]
brythain wrote:
I think that would be a bit weird and very bdsm focused realatinship[/quote]
That sure escalated quickly :lol: Care to elaborate?[/quote]

Two alchoholic or border line/ heavy drinkers with a libido like akira thrown into the equation who knows?

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

RandomHuman wrote:Two alchoholic or border line/heavy drinkers with a libido like akira thrown into the equation who knows?
Who knows indeed :P I doubt it'd go straight to BDSM though. My girlfriend's a University Student and I'm a 20-year-old Forklift operator, so naturally we both drink to excess regularly. Neither of us are into that kind of stuff.

I think.
:lol:
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
brythain

Post by brythain »

RandomHuman wrote:Two alchoholic or border line/ heavy drinkers with a libido like akira thrown into the equation who knows?
Mustn't make assumptions about libido and/or alcoholism. Akira's really a light drinker, canon-wise. About a unit and a bit a night.
However, as I've said, Akira/Mutou can be made to work, and not on such a flimsy basis either. :D
RandomHuman

Post by RandomHuman »

well yeah im kinda getting it, its not newspaper club strong but could hold up for a while

Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Where are you guys getting the idea that Mutou's a heavy drinker? I don't remember the game saying anything about his drinking habits.

The only spares that I would ship are Kenji x Yuuko and Nurse x Meiko, but those are hinted at so heavily they're pretty much canon.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:Where are you guys getting the idea that Mutou's a heavy drinker? I don't remember the game saying anything about his drinking habits.

The only spares that I would ship are Kenji x Yuuko and Nurse x Meiko, but those are hinted at so heavily they're pretty much canon.
He's not, canon-wise. In my headcanon, it's whisky on his own or with Akira, just a little. It's beer with Nurse. And the rest of the time he works to stave off depression.