A new plan

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Akazaji

A new plan

Post by Akazaji »

A little something i cooked up out of boredom. nosex this time.
--------------------------------
“So why are we doing this again?” I ask Kenji as he passes me his binoculars.
“Counterintelligence, keep your voice down!” Kenji hisses to me.

I take the binoculars from his waiting hands and bring them to my eyes. The focus is so out of whack it takes me almost a minute to get them to work. “Say Kenji…do these even do anything for you?” I ask as I fiddle with the focus.
“I told you I’m only legally blind. I can still use binoculars.”

I take it with a pinch of salt like most of what Kenji says. We spend the better part of an hour sitting in the tree just outside the student council room watching Misha and Shizune staple papers and sign back and forth. Every so often Misha laughs loudly.

I hand the binoculars to Kenji “As absolutely enthralling as this is I have an idea.” Sarcasm drips from my voice like acid.
I turn to Kenji. “Let’s try my plan.”Kenji lowers the binoculars and turns. “You have a plan?”
“Oh yes. Much more affective than observation.”
I pause for dramatic effect and Kenji leans closer, waiting for my answer.
“Infiltration.”
Kenji scoffs. “We already tried that.”I ignore him and continue. “We need to gain their trust. You need to confront Shizune directly about her plotting. Be as loud and offensive as you can. I will come out of nowhere and hit you, effectively coming to the rescue and earning their trust.”

Kenji nods enthusiastically and then stops suddenly. “Wait a second. Why am I the one that gets hit?!!”
Screwing with Kenji’s head is so much fun. “Because they already know that you’re on to them. You are the enemy, and by taking you out I am seen as an ally.”
Putting a hand on his shoulder I look at him solemnly, concentrating so as not to snicker and ruin my straight face. “I know it requires sacrifice, but are you willing to take one for the team for the good of mankind?

Later…

That felt great.
“Thanks for earlier Hicchan.” Misha says as she, Shizune, and I walk towards the girl’s dorm.
Shizune starts signing; throwing in a few articulate gestures that I know for a fact aren’t standard sign language.
“Whahahaha~ Shizune says thanks and that that was a mar-marvi- marvelously performed right hook. Do you take any martial arts Hicchan?”
Again Shizune was using words Misha stumbled over. Poor girl.

“Of course not.” I say with a wave of my hand. “One shot to the chest and I’m…” I stop.
“You’re what?” Misha pipes up.
My voice dropped to just above a whisper and I remember that I haven’t yet told them.
“…Dead.”
Out of the Loop

Re: A new plan

Post by Out of the Loop »

Short and sweet. Keep up the good writing!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Akazaji wrote:affective
Should be 'effective'. But other than that this is pretty good.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

lol nice
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Akazaji wrote:My voice dropped to just above a whisper and I remember that I haven’t yet told them.
“…Dead.”
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (118.04 KiB) Viewed 3146 times