Have you dated someone like any KS character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lordcybot

Re: Have you dated someone like any KS character?

Post by lordcybot »

I'm currently dating some amalgamation of Hanako, Emi, and a dash of Lilly.
I also take care to make sure she knows this.
Its also great cause since her name is very similar to Emi, I can call her that. (She hates it though)
Sieg Zeon!
Atario

Post by Atario »

lordcybot wrote:I'm currently dating some amalgamation of Hanako, Emi, and a dash of Lilly.
That's a curious mixture. And you're a lucky duck if that's accurate!
I also take care to make sure she knows this.
Its also great cause since her name is very similar to Emi, I can call her that. (She hates it though)
Has she played too?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
lordcybot

Post by lordcybot »

Atario wrote: Has she played too?
No, but she wants to. Just have to figure out how to run it on the Chromebook OS
Sieg Zeon!
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

lordcybot wrote:
Atario wrote: Has she played too?
No, but she wants to. Just have to figure out how to run it on the Chromebook OS
You cant.
Mac/Linux/Windows

and a unofficial android release, which im not linking for cooking purposes.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
stateside

Post by stateside »

I wonder how many of us on the forum could have been a character in KS?

I remember at least one of the students was an epileptic....had the Hisao syndrome of ending up in hospital one day after sudden attack then spending several months on my back in a room (after I finally woke up) and my life never being the same again because I had to take a handful of pill every day for the rest of my life.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

My girlfriend I have always related to Emi in a few ways. First and foremost, Emma sounds a lot like Emi. Crap similarity, but I still attach to it.
The second similarity, that's not so much in the game script as how it was drawn, is that my girlfriend is incredibly small, and with a build similar to Emi's (and hair, for that matter...) - where a lot of people call Emi a loli, Emma (herself being 19) until very recently got ID checks when buying 15 (and on one unfortunate occasion 12) rated films. The final major similarity between Emi and Emma is determination, which is quite simply an admirable trait in itself. One glaring difference, however, is her dislike of running, despite my attempts to get her to run with me :(

As Emi's was my first route, this was probably a major part of why KS appealed to me as much as it did. I started playing at a time when I was a good 150 miles away from her, and being such a distance from her was absolutely horrific; I suppose I stuck to it so much and was so initially affected as it was the closest I had to a substitute. This is probably the first time I've fully admitted this to myself really.

Being within a bus ride from her again is simply fantastic :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

ARandomSloth

Post by ARandomSloth »

Dating wise I've only dated a Hanako which didn't last too long. Have had kind of a weird relationship with an Emi-Shizune mix for years though. The Hanako I kind of blew it with by trying to help too much but we've become basically symbiotic recently (started to get anxiety attacks which have always plagued her so we calm each other down when needed) as opposed to what she viewed as a parasitic relationship when we were together. As for the Emi, we've never actually been a couple but everyone has viewed us as one for years; it's another reason the Hanako ended it, she thought I wanted to be with the Emi. The Emi has stated that we'll probably date at some point down the road (being in college a good distance away from each other kind of prevents any speculation on the near future) but I wouldn't bank on it, she doesn't like people having that much power over her. Never really tried getting close to people though- the Emi had to take my phone and put her number in to get me to talk even when I had a crush on her- so I don't have many other people to compare the characters with.
"The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena... Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds."
shucks

Post by shucks »

ARandomSloth wrote:Dating wise I've only dated a Hanako which didn't last too long. Have had kind of a weird relationship with an Emi-Shizune mix for years though. The Hanako I kind of blew it with by trying to help too much but we've become basically symbiotic recently (started to get anxiety attacks which have always plagued her so we calm each other down when needed) as opposed to what she viewed as a parasitic relationship when we were together. As for the Emi, we've never actually been a couple but everyone has viewed us as one for years; it's another reason the Hanako ended it, she thought I wanted to be with the Emi. The Emi has stated that we'll probably date at some point down the road (being in college a good distance away from each other kind of prevents any speculation on the near future) but I wouldn't bank on it, she doesn't like people having that much power over her. Never really tried getting close to people though- the Emi had to take my phone and put her number in to get me to talk even when I had a crush on her- so I don't have many other people to compare the characters with.
i also once dated someone who's a bit like (a male version of) hanako. which is funny because hanako doesn't appeal to me all that much as character, but i was all moon-eyes for him. his and hanako's mannerisms are completely different, but i think a lot of what makes them tick is the same. this ex would be macho and assertive in public, but at the end of the day he was really very sweet and a big marshmallow who cared a lot/assumed the worst about how people saw him. ah, gendered cultural norms...

it's funny! this seems to be a common theme for a lot of the hanakos out there and the people that gravitate towards them. me and m!hanako's relationship got unhealthy really fast, and he was the one who broke things off in the end. like your hanako, mine was also convinced that i should have been with someone else. in my case we didn't have an emi in the picture (but incidentally emi is my favourite ks girl. whatever that means~)
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

Late to the party? Late to the party! as usual
I've known quite a few people similar to KS characters. Never met a Hanako-esque person, but dated quite the Emi (+ 2 legs). She had a few problems and I didn't let those get in the way but she did and so everything went pretty badly. She ended up barely able to speak with me. Fun, fun, fun! She was Emi-esque in that she projected this bubbly, happy personality, and then sometimes she'd get super down and I'd walk up and she'd perk back up as though nothing was wrong. I don't think I ever really knew her that well. She got suuuuuper into religion, though. Also, no lemons.

I guess, depending on the routes, I've also had a crush on a Hisao (- Heart condition) kind of guy, but that didn't work out very well. He seemed kind and everything, but he kept to himself a lot and I never knew him very well. Eventually he just cut things off. Seems a common theme with people in my life?

Never known a Rin, as far as I know. I have known a few Shizunes, though I've never dated one. Pretty sure a few of them really liked me.

I've never been close with a Lilly; not my kind of person AT ALL. I mean, I wouldn't dislike them, probably. I'd just be a little uncomfortable. Formality is weird.

Almost forgot about our dear friend Shiina. Never known anyone too like her, but I guess that one Emi-ish girl was also Misha-ish in that same sense. But physically, more like Emi.

I myself am probably a mix of Shizune and Rin. Maybe a bit of Suzu, depending on what you're reading.

Side note: Don't you think it's odd to label people you know with names of characters, as if they were something all-encompassing that could sum up the person in a single word? I don't think it works very well. I can say someone's like Emi, in some regards, but in others they're probably not. Doesn't the same go with all characters?
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Well.... My girlfriend right now is Lilly in personality (hello covert pervert), and is also mute.

Not too sure what else to say :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Riakai

Post by Riakai »

neat
Last edited by Riakai on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Innumerable Fits]
The Naomi Inoue Pseudo-Route.
[Ria's One-Shot Hell]
One-Shots. Not much else to say there.

You can find my ramblings over at my blog...
...or poke me on discord @ria#0413. screeee
Skatterbrain

Post by Skatterbrain »

Thinking about who I'd compare my girlfriend with, Rin comes to mind first. Just put "abstract poetry" in the place of "abstract paintings" and that's almost her - she's known in her circle of friends to randomly get philosophical, or randomly get random. Expects a lot of herself as well, gets sidetracked a lot. I actually didn't realize quite how much she's like Rin until recently, when I noticed she was distancing herself from me. When I asked her about it, she proclaimed that she's confused about a lot of things and needs time to think and work. Found myself feeling a hundred percent like what I felt when Rin shut herself off to paint - the insecurity, feeling the need to tiptoe with my statements, trying not to be pushy... Admittedly, I may have had to learn not to be that way, because she can be quite like Shizune as well in that she's somewhat bossy (playfully so - mostly) and happy to take the lead, so I probably sort of forgot about the fact that she's, after all, just a normal person who has their problems at times and not some aloof, bossy alien.
She has chronic headaches, asthma and a set of other things, (some of which did contribute to her personality big time) so that's the katawa of the shoujo. Still, in a physical fight between us I'd end up on the floor pretty quickly since she knows karate.

A colleague of mine is also basically Yuuko. Doesn't look much like her, except for orange/red hair, but she's precisely the clumsy type of person I always imagined Yuuko as. She works in a library, too. (And in a public garden part time, which is where I work as well.)

Also, first post. Way hay!
harpseal2

Post by harpseal2 »

SemisoftCheese wrote:She carried around this dog embroidered purse, and inside of it were pictures of the suicide of a metalhead--Per Ohlin.
This is so odd. Dead fangirls are crazy, I tell ya. 'Sides, Burzum is better in every way.

I know about 0 girls so I honestly cannot begin to talk about this. I've been described as Rin, but even then that's a bit of a stretch. I did know a deaf woman, but that was very long ago, and she was nothing like Shizune.
Broken Yet Whole

Post by Broken Yet Whole »

Dating.

Bwaaaahahaha.

That's funny. I could never date no matter how much I want to, I'm too scared and shy and I worry too much about pointless stuff.

... If someone ever dates me, they'd be dating the human version of Hanako.
RandomHuman

Post by RandomHuman »

I have definitely dated a hanako, although she was a self proclaimed Rin. Rather hilariously I met her in a school library and nearly scared the shit out of her when I didn't realise anyone was there and punched a hole in the wall (was a messed up kid). She was too scared to move and I sat down across from her and neither of us moved until it closed, we both kept going back for like a week until she asked why I did it and then we got to talking and the rest, as they say, is history
"Oh yes the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it" – Rafiki, Lion King

"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken.... but it's still good...." - Stitch, Lilo and Stich