Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Talifan9

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Talifan9 »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Woopah, hit the top 200 on the site! I'd like to thank my computer, and my parents for not getting pissed at my computer being on ALL THE TIME.
Congratulations.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I'm still shooting for top one hundred. It might never happen, but... I try to fold whenever I'm not at my house.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Finally investigated why I hadn’t been getting any more WUs assigned. At first I thought that Stanford was down, like it had been before. Four days of nothing was a bit worrisome, though.

But no, other people are obviously getting new WUs.

Turns out they updated the FAHControl.

Now I’m folding again, but no results until tomorrow. I don’t run the computer all the time anymore.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

Does anyone know who "Pythagoras_gr" is? I've gone through the last couple pages and have found nothing, yet we receive points anyway.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

From the KS Mishimmie counters by VCR, here's the number for the Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team (folding.stanford.edu)

I changed Lilly's number so all the girls would be there, and a naked Kenji would not.
ks_folding_at_home_team_number.gif
ks_folding_at_home_team_number.gif (20.59 KiB) Viewed 16977 times
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Thanks... I think?

This reminds me - my laptop went totally shits up before Christmas and I still haven't gotten the Folding server back on my computer. However my dad mentioned something that I found curious - what's the likelihood of catching a computer virus from this? I'd like to get back to Folding, but I'd like this slightly clarified first I think :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

If you only get files from the official folding@home site, pretty near zero. With so many people involved, any virus would be noticed immediately and it would hit the news.
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Thanks... I think?

This reminds me - my laptop went totally shits up before Christmas and I still haven't gotten the Folding server back on my computer. However my dad mentioned something that I found curious - what's the likelihood of catching a computer virus from this? I'd like to get back to Folding, but I'd like this slightly clarified first I think :)
Essentially zero, unless Stanford has pretty bad security.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Alright, that certainly puts my mind at rest a bit. Gonna get the folding sorted back up again, thanks :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Slowly working my way up the rankings. Thanks to my desktop with a hyper-threaded quad-core Xeon at 3.7ghz and 16GB RAM and my server with dual quad-core Xeons at 2 Ghz.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Well, let's start this! It's a noble cause
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

Welcome. Could always use more folders!
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

It’s a little frustrating to discover that the only reason I haven’t been doing any folding since July 24th is because I needed to restart my computer.

I’m back, anyone who was temporarily hoping to catch me. :P
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

I haven't done any folding for a long time.... Fucking CPU.... I was forced to buy exactly the same cause my first CPU has said "Fuck You, I'm dead"... Thank you dude, really, thank you.
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

griffon8 wrote:It’s a little frustrating to discover that the only reason I haven’t been doing any folding since July 24th is because I needed to restart my computer.

I’m back, anyone who was temporarily hoping to catch me. :P
Thats always fun.