The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
brythain wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I'd write poems for the others, but it wouldn't have the same passion behind it so they probably wouldn't be as good or feelsy.
Besides, I bet that was a cook. I feel it coming. :)
Hey, hey, it was feelsy and based on the game. If we could move it to a general poetry topic though... does such a thing even?
Run a poetry thread in Fan Works? You transfer yours there and we'll start a new one! :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:health can go just like that.
How does that follow from anything you just said? Who suddenly had their health go? :?
It was more geared towards having a fall, or finding out you have cancer, or anything like that. Sometimes it just happens, and you don't have time to prepare for it.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

KeiichiO wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I'd write poems for the others, but it wouldn't have the same passion behind it so they probably wouldn't be as good or feelsy.
I could probably do one for Rin, but not many people speak Rinese.
Challenge Accepted.

Untitled by Rin Tezuka

Words are like butterflies
Except most aren't colorful
And the ones that are
Make people blush.

But words are hard to hold onto
And I am bad with them
And at holding things.

And poems.

FIN.

...Considering how bad Rin is at expressing herself verbally, I think this is pretty close to the kind of poem she would write.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

someguy1294 wrote:
And the ones that are
Make people blush.

And I am bad with them
And at holding things.

And poems.

FIN.

...Considering how bad Rin is at expressing herself verbally, I think this is pretty close to the kind of poem she would write.
That first verse is actually VERY Rin-ish, although I think both qualify. You've done a neat job here :) (Though it's just as well Rin was an artist, eh?)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Challenge Accepted.

poem

Pssst... we have a topic for this now.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

someguy1294 wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Challenge Accepted.

Untitled by Rin Tezuka

And the ones that are
Make people blush.

And I am bad with them
And at holding things.

And poems.

FIN.

I didn't mean writing a poem as if Rin wrote it, I meant writing a poem about Rin. Good try, though.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
And the ones that are
Make people blush.

And I am bad with them
And at holding things.

And poems.

FIN.

That first verse is actually VERY Rin-ish, although I think both qualify. You've done a neat job here :) (Though it's just as well Rin was an artist, eh?)
Thanks a ton, Crunchy.

Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

FBOF

Post by FBOF »

After being redirected here from the PSA regarding being new to the forums, I must say that this game has moved me tremendously. Having no experience with people coping with disabilities, this game has given me a strange new & moreso, accepting outlook on the world. For that, I would like to thank all those who have created this game even though it seems development went through many hardships before this work could be realised. Despite that, I implore you... Be proud of your work as your finished product has moved many people since it's release I bet.

I've only been playing the game for a few days now but every route has been a different, yet heart-warming experience. I'm still amazed how this game has glued me to the screen and how the writing is extremely solid, that coming from people who haven't earned a penny on it and met in the most unlikely of places. Each character also has a distinct personality to them, making each person truly feel genuine and I can only commend the writers for that. It really shows this game was fueled by dedication, love for the art-form and experience. The latter is certainly present in the dialogue (like I typed before), you can't make stuff up that feels THIS natural to the person in question or life itself.

All in all: I thank you from the bottom of my heart for delivering this experience. In the short time I've spent with the game it has already made a deciding impact on my thoughts, not only widening my viewpoint but also rekindling feelings which I felt were long lost & forgetten. It has given me new energy and I look forward to explore each route given in the game. If the forum has more like-minded people, I'd love to stick around. :)

TL;DR: Thanks for the game, it has improved my life.
brythain

Post by brythain »

FBOF wrote:All in all: I thank you from the bottom of my heart for delivering this experience. In the short time I've spent with the game it has already made a deciding impact on my thoughts, not only widening my viewpoint but also rekindling feelings which I felt were long lost & forgetten. It has given me new energy and I look forward to explore each route given in the game. If the forum has more like-minded people, I'd love to stick around. :)
Welcome to the club. You are not strange; neither are you alone. We're all a bit like you. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

FBOF wrote:All in all: I thank you from the bottom of my heart for delivering this experience. In the short time I've spent with the game it has already made a deciding impact on my thoughts, not only widening my viewpoint but also rekindling feelings which I felt were long lost & forgetten. It has given me new energy and I look forward to explore each route given in the game. If the forum has more like-minded people, I'd love to stick around. :)
Welcome to the forums. I must admit to feeling a bit jealous of you, as you still have so much of the story to explore, as well as so many new facets opened up by this community :) I hope you find your stay, whatever length here, is one that you enjoy and that you take experience from.

someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Did a replay not long ago, and the scene where you find Rin sleeping, resting her head on a desk, is freakin' beautiful. I love the animation, the way her hair rustles in the wind, and the tear that rolls down her face.

FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Just finished Rin's playthrough, an intresting read to say the least.

The arc had some intresting moments and did excite me all the way through, even though I'm not sure she's be my choice of girl in real life. Well-written but did come across two or three sentences that seemed to contain an error (a set of repeated words etc..., nothing too major especially with the fact Rin babbling non-sensically is common). Also noticed one scene and its dialogue being recycled (albeit the time of day was different and therefor, twas coloured differently) so not sure if that was some metaphor or just an error. I was suprised how long Hisao held his composure in the relationship, considering he felt neglected & used (would have probably taken a stance a bit sooner myself). Seems he couldn't cope with it in the end but didn't quite expect Hisao blowing a fuse at that late stage in the game anymore. Tfelt natural though but man did it complicate things for him. Like I said before, intresting story.

Since I've completed every route now, I'm suprised to notice I got the best ending possible each time. I did speed through ACT 1 each time after the 4th try with a walkthrough to obtain every path possible (except for Kenji's, fuck him). Peeked on how long Shizune's route would take me (personally still felt that particular one to be a drag nearly 75% of the way) as well but aside from those, always went with the choices most in line with my personality. Can't help but feel slightly happy about that. Seems I do understand people somewhat, which is always a nice pat on the back even if you have little experience to reflect that upon irl.

Doubt I'll complete the game 100% through to find out the other/bad endings. Twas a charming experience and I'd rather stick to my first impression than letting myself get conflicted by tapping into the "What-if" scenario's from my perspective.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

FBOF wrote: Since I've completed every route now, I'm suprised to notice I got the best ending possible each time. I did speed through ACT 1 each time after the 4th try with a walkthrough to obtain every path possible (except for Kenji's, fuck him). Peeked on how long Shizune's route would take me (personally still felt that particular one to be a drag nearly 75% of the way) as well but aside from those, always went with the choices most in line with my personality. Can't help but feel slightly happy about that. Seems I do understand people somewhat, which is always a nice pat on the back even if you have little experience to reflect that upon irl.[/spoiler]

Doubt I'll complete the game 100% through to find out the other/bad endings. Twas a charming experience and I'd rather stick to my first impression than letting myself get conflicted by tapping into the "What-if" scenario's from my perspective.
Lucky bastard. :lol: I'd have gotten all perfects on the first shot too, if not for freakin' Hanako and the seemingly non-threatening choice of doom.

Seriously though, I recommend you go back and play through all the endings. People worked hard to make those routes, you know, and you can't experience all the feelz Katawa Shoujo has to offer if you don't play the bad ends too.

Just sayin'.

FBOF

Post by FBOF »

someguy1294 wrote:*snip*
I'm positive they are just as well-written but I'm dreading the consequences... :oops: Having seen a picture of Hanako exploding in anger at Hisao and boy... I doubt I could take such a punch without feeling miserable in real life since I brought that one on myself with the choices I made... :cry: Katawa Shouja has given me quite a boost in moral these past few weeks, lots of happy feels and I don't think I'm ready to add painful feels to that yet... ^^" Maybe when I feel better about my life, I probably will try my hand at peeking at the other routes. If not, I'll just cherish the game as a gem giving hope to me in dark times.
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

I just finished Lilly's route last night and it was too much for me.

I cried. I didn't realized that I had gotten so attached to Lilly until I found out she decided she returning to Scotland. I kinda panicked as I did with Emi or Rin but kept pushing on. Maybe it was because it hit close to home as I found myself saying goodbye to someone important like him. I figured I could just push through it.

Without knowing it, as I reading was Lilly's/Akira's/Hanako's and Hisao's goodbyes, the tears just started without me knowing it. I don't know why but I haven't felt this emotion like this a longer time. I had to stop for a bit before I could push on. Then I cried a bit more as the music box music started in the hospital room and Lilly hugged Hisao. But these were tears of relief.