If you could pick a quality in each KS girl...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: If you could pick a quality in each KS girl...

Post by Zarys »

Munchenhausen wrote: And I never really classed her tile-hopping as a real game, more of a testament to how shitty her life is. I wouldn't think she'd keep score or anything :P
Huh ? never get why it would be shitty or a testament of a sad life, it's the kind of habit many people had during their childhood (or still have*).
Hisao himself find it sad at first but finish to imitates her, it's just a thing she does when she is bored, more of a testament to how a part of her introverted nature is just her nature and not really a bad thing. (Almost can't talk with people ? a problem, the fact she is a bookworm who prefers have a few but close circle of friends ? not at all)

*And since I'm one of them, I don't how I'm supposed to takes it :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Zarys wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote: And I never really classed her tile-hopping as a real game, more of a testament to how shitty her life is. I wouldn't think she'd keep score or anything :P
Huh ? never get why it would be shitty or a testament of a sad life, it's the kind of habit many people had during their childhood (or still have*).
Hisao himself find it sad at first but finish to imitates her, it's just a thing she does when she is bored, more of a testament to how a part of her introverted nature is just her nature and not really a bad thing. (Almost can't talk with people ? a problem, the fact she is a bookworm who prefers have a few but close circle of friends ? not at all)

I agree. I think it was just to show how introverted Hanako is that she still makes up these games to play in her mind. What made Hisao slightly sad was that Hanako was doing it even when he was right there walking beside her.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Zarys wrote:

I just took it as the game portrayed it :lol: I do it aswell, but it seemed to me that the VN included it to not show she was playing a game, but to highlight how lonely she was :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Besides, pretty much the only actual game she plays is Chess and in Shizune's route it's hinted she only plays that because she used to play it before the burnination, not necessarilly because she actually enjoys it.
Well, that was Shizune's brief psychoanalysis of Hanako and Shizune has her own hangups that I think effected how she sees things. Hanako does seem to enjoy games, just has no real desire or need to try to get better at them, at least not until she found somebody to play against that was a decent challenge. Hisao gave her an opponent she could beat without feeling bad about showing somebody up.
Not Dead Yet
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Munchenhausen wrote:And I never really classed her tile-hopping as a real game, more of a testament to how shitty her life is.
O.o Only people with shitty lives tile-hop?
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Charmant wrote: O.o Only people with shitty lives tile-hop?
No, but since Hisao himself thinks something like that before imitates her, it's not a weird idea that this kind of habit could seems as a testament of loneless to some people. :mrgreen: (And since Hanako is lonely, the correlation is easy)

If someone like that did this kind of thing, you don't think that some people would think he/she did it because he/she feels lonely ?it's not something that I would do, but I'm sure that somes would do it.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Zarys wrote:
Charmant wrote: O.o Only people with shitty lives tile-hop?
No, but since Hisao himself thinks something like that before imitates her, it's not a weird idea that this kind of habit could seems as a testament of loneless to some people. :mrgreen: (And since Hanako is lonely, the correlation is easy)

If someone like that did this kind of thing, you don't think that some people would think he/she did it because he/she feels lonely ?it's not something that I would do, but I'm sure that somes would do it.
I can testament to this, I liked doing jumping from tile to tile as well when I had no friends/was lonely as a child (aka why this scene was not only gut-busting for me for the realisation, but also heart-wrenching to see others go through it). It's inventing silly things you can do just to take your mind to places aside from shitty real life.

Others might claim it was plain boredom though, but I would have ringed a friend or drawn something or explored what nature held if I didn't feel like jack shit I bet.
ARandomSloth

Post by ARandomSloth »

FBOF wrote: I can testament to this, I liked doing jumping from tile to tile as well when I had no friends/was lonely as a child (aka why this scene was not only gut-busting for me for the realisation, but also heart-wrenching to see others go through it). It's inventing silly things you can do just to take your mind to places aside from shitty real life.

Others might claim it was plain boredom though, but I would have ringed a friend or drawn something or explored what nature held if I didn't feel like jack shit I bet.
Agreed, it's hard to describe why you do it when you're little or at least was for me. Most people I know that'd describe themselves as lonely find things to focus on as opposed to observing the world around them that they feel is shutting them out; I used to a string around and just made various knots with it, a friend played the tile game, another did origami. You just do what you can to stay occupied, kind of like treading water until their situation changes since most people in that situation have something keeping them from escaping it on their own.

As for the original question, for me I'd like:
Shizune's ability to predict people's actions, Rin's artistic talents, Hanako's love for books, Emi's athleticism, and Lilly's manners.
For a SO, probably:
Lilly's manners, Emi's athleticism, Rin's laid back attitude, Misha's friendliness, and Hanako's curiosity or warm-hearted attitude.
"The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena... Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds."
d2r

Post by d2r »

OK, I'll bite.

I enjoy swearing too much to pick Lilly's manners, and in general I want to avoid picking the low-hanging fruit (e.g. Rin ---> Creativity) so:

Lilly: Serenity

Hanako: Sprinting ability

Shizune: Drive

Rin: Trolling ability

Emi: Willpower

Misha: Fluency in ASL
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

*Restricted to just the original 5 routes for simplicity

Myself: (Tried to pick things I don't already have as much)

1. Straightforwardness, especially with asking somebody out (Emi)
2. Art skills (Rin)
3. Sex drive (Lilly)
4. Strategic thought (Shizune)
5. Style (Hanako)

Girl:

1. Determination (Emi)
2. Philosophical thought (Rin)
3. Sex drive (Lilly)
4. Dominate tendencies (Shizune)
5. Cuteness (Hanako)
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

I would like Emi's drive to perform to the best of her ability.

As for the potential qualities I would like in a partner, well, I wouldn't mind Hanako's sweetness and possibly Emi's sense of humor.