If you could pick a quality in each KS girl...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dewelar

Re: If you could pick a quality in each KS girl...

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:
dewelar wrote:
Charmant wrote:I've already known wonder at the world's offerings.
So have I. That's not why I chose it. I chose it because I would like to have it back instead of being the much more jaded person I am today. Having half my flesh burnt off (or nearly so) is an experience I can live without :wink:.
More like 15% 2nd-degree burns, but I take your meaning. :)
That? Oh, that I've had. When I was a kid (I think I was nine years old) I fell asleep on my stomach on a raft in the middle of a lake. My whole back and part of the backs of my thighs got 2nd-degree burns from the sun (I have an extremely fair complexion, and do not tan). Yeah, I was miserable for a while, but I don't have any scarring from it.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

dewelar wrote:
So have I. That's not why I chose it. I chose it because I would like to have it back instead of being the much more jaded person I am today. Having half my flesh burnt off (or nearly so) is an experience I can live without :wink:.
I've never understood the notion that a jaded person cannot know wonder. I've become more jaded yet I have not lost my sense of wonder. If anything, being jaded makes the wondrous things even more effective in that regard. A small child knows wonder in most things because it's all new. A jaded adult has worn out many of those new things and so, when they happen upon a wondrous thing, it will be all the more valuable.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Charmant wrote:
dewelar wrote:
I've never understood the notion that a jaded person cannot know wonder.
Of course a jaded person can know wonder. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. However, in my case...well, without being too specific, there are things that I know that I would prefer not to know, and thereby be able to wonder at them anew.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

dewelar wrote:there are things that I know that I would prefer not to know, and thereby be able to wonder at them anew.
The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind :D

I'm sure we all have things we would like to forget, whether to wonder at them again or just to erase the pain. I don't think life really works that way though.

One of the things I like about KS is that it dredged up deeply buried memories and forced me through them again, but this time instead of bottling it all up inside, all the feelings and emotions came out. It really was very cathartic for me, and I kind of feel like I have a new lease on life.
Ranyel

Post by Ranyel »

Emi's determination
Lilly's wisdom
Rin's calmness
Shizune's sense of organization
Hanako's smartness/learning ability. I think she can learn a lot of things quickly (chess strategy lol), and she seems to have the best exams out of the 5 girls (Remember that Shizune is quite clever too but sucks in sciences...) even if she had skipped a lot of lessons, so I think she is the smartest girl of the game. Also, it's said that she is comfortable with technology and Internet even without have her own computer, imagine if she had one

Edit : and of course, Kenji's sense of fashion

Ideal partner ?
Hanako I think, with a bit of assurance and wisdom form Lilly
Cheapchip

Post by Cheapchip »

Ranyel wrote: Edit : and of course, Kenji's sense of fashion
I don't know, I don't think cosplaying as Harry Potter counts as fashion sense :lol:
Ranyel wrote:Also, it's said that she is comfortable with technology and Internet even without have her own computer, imagine if she had one
She will trap herself in her room 24/7, participating various internet debates from various forums.
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.97 KiB) Viewed 6353 times
My background for my phone is from Imperfect Spectrum KS Artbook.
I'm using this as my signature because you must be a curious person to open the spoiler.
Since you are curious, I'm telling you one random thing about me.
Ranyel

Post by Ranyel »

Well when i see she is very shy IRL and love games, she would love online games too
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Ranyel wrote:Well when i see she is very shy IRL and love games, she would love online games too
You say that, but in most MMOs you wind up being trashed and insulted for not knowing how to play the game, let alone when you actually make a mistake.
Besides, pretty much the only actual game she plays is Chess and in Shizune's route it's hinted she only plays that because she used to play it before the burnination, not necessarilly because she actually enjoys it.
I doubt she'd be up for games, reading's more her thing.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Munchenhausen wrote:Besides, pretty much the only actual game she plays is Chess and in Shizune's route it's hinted she only plays that because she used to play it before the burnination, not necessarilly because she actually enjoys it.
I doubt she'd be up for games, reading's more her thing.
Billiards doesn't count as a game now :wink:?
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Nor is the dark tiles hopping?
In fact, Hanako is shown to be the most game inclined from the girls.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Ranyel

Post by Ranyel »

It's said that she liked to play chess, billard and other games at her orphanage and she learn chess strategy to be able to beat Hisao so I think she like games, the problem is that she rarely had someone to play with.

I still think that playing on computer still less hard for her, since no-one can see her scars and she won't probably see them again after the game. However, trolls and flamers could bother her. Yes, maybe offline games could be more interesting for her ^^'

Edit : And of course, the tile hopping. I'm sure she could play it at a competitive level (lol)

Anyway, I still wondering how the fuck she could appreciate karaoke
Last edited by Ranyel on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Ranyel wrote:Anyway, I still wondering how the fuck she could appreciate karaoke
I always figured Akira or Lilly would pay for private booths, so they'd be her only audience.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

And maybe she just loves singing enough to overcomes a bit her shyness ? like she isn't unable to play billiards in a pub.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

dewelar wrote:Billiards doesn't count as a game now :wink:?
I feel like a retard, now :lol: Forgot about their game of pool.
And I never really classed her tile-hopping as a real game, more of a testament to how shitty her life is. I wouldn't think she'd keep score or anything :P
Ranyel wrote:Anyway, I still wondering how the fuck she could appreciate karaoke
You've obviously never necked a bottle of wine and stumbled down to the local karaoke bar.
10/10 great night out
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Ranyel

Post by Ranyel »

I'm not saying that karaoke is shitty or something, I just think that she is too shy to do this. But like dewelar said, it could be possible in private booths. Alcohol could help too haha