Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FBOF

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by FBOF »

Steinherz wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I've heard good things about Tsukihime in the past, but...
Isn't that a slightly incest-y one? If it's not then I stand corrected.

Finished Ultimate Blade Works a few days ago. HOLY SHITBALLS.
I don't believe Tsukihime has any of that.
And besides, what's the problem with that? :lol:
Tried out "Homeward" by Love in Space yesterday. It had 2 incest scenes in there as well and I just felt weird after it. Some people can cope with it, others don't.

I'll make a lengthy post about some VN's after I find & finish (not sure about this latter since there seems to be an great amount of crappy ones as well) more of em.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Steinherz wrote:

one route of taukihime has incest tendencies, can't say more without spoilers, its an amazing game though.

And yeah, unlimited blade works>
Rin tohsaka> you
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

FBOF wrote:
Steinherz wrote:

Tried out "Homeward" by Love in Space yesterday. It had 2 incest scenes in there as well and I just felt weird after it. Some people can cope with it, others don't.

I'll make a lengthy post about some VN's after I find & finish (not sure about this latter since there seems to be an great amount of crappy ones as well) more of em.
Homeward has a full incest route, not scene :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Never actually played the incest route on Homeward, but I liked the other two. I think it's just the idea of it doesn't agree with me.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

>on the forums for a VN about dating crippled girls
>everyone has a problem with incest

Am I the only one who finds this funny? :lol: Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I'm laughing
Priorities people.

I kid of course. Really it's all up to whatever you're into. I personally have no issue with incest, as there's no real problem with it aside from society saying it's wrong. And remember: Society has been wrong in the past.

Also, goddamn all the worst girl (Tohsaka) avatars. :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

"You only hate incest because you didn't have a sexy sister,"
~ Munchehausen; 2014
:lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Munchenhausen wrote:"You only hate incest because you didn't have a sexy sister,"
~ Munchehausen; 2014
:lol:
False.
All of my female relatives are damn pretty, but i never felt attracted to any of them.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

I have no problem playing or watching stuff that has incestious relatshionships in them. For me they are a different kind of romance but a romance none the less. Its easier to just pretend they are not relatives then worry all the time how "forbidden" their love is. Trust me you'll enjoy it more like that.

I myself have no real opinion on incest in the real world even though people think its taboo. There are a lot of countries where for example cousins marrying is a normal thing but others find it something that is or should not be possible. As for me I dont have relatives that im attracted to partly cuz they are my relatives and partly because there is no attraction.

But I digress, I think we derailed the topic long enough. (I feel like i've repeated this on many occasions.)
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

ogorhan wrote:I have no problem playing or watching stuff that has incestious relatshionships in them. For me they are a different kind of romance but a romance none the less. Its easier to just pretend they are not relatives then worry all the time how "forbidden" their love is. Trust me you'll enjoy it more like that.

I myself have no real opinion on incest in the real world even though people think its taboo. There are a lot of countries where for example cousins marrying is a normal thing but others find it something that is or should not be possible. As for me I dont have relatives that im attracted to partly cuz they are my relatives and partly because there is no attraction.

But I digress, I think we derailed the topic long enough. (I feel like i've repeated this on many occasions.)
Just to kill off the sidetrack: incest is a biological matter, primarily.
Papers such as this one and many others set the consanguinity level at 1st to 2nd cousins; in fact, most animals prefer some higher degree of common genetic inheritance, and the 2nd-cousin (i.e. same great-grandparents) relationship seems optimal for mammals.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

cosuins is not incest O.o
however, closer degrees of incest are objectivly and materiaristicly bad, and our body has biological systems to pervent it.
in fiction, i don't care. if you are into that kind of thing.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Meh, first cousins is okay in my head, considering its actually legal to marry them in a good proportion of countries, and genetic deformity chances are incredible low at that level. Even though most of society effectively says "No" to anyone that is remotely closely related.
Steinherz wrote: Also, goddamn all the worst girl (Tohsaka) avatars.
The fuck did you say?!

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Meh, first cousins is okay in my head, considering its actually legal to marry them in a good proportion of countries, and genetic deformity chances are incredible low at that level. Even though most of society effectively says "No" to anyone that is remotely closely related.
The genetic deformity thing is propaganda actually. Unless your European royalty, marrying/having kids with family has the same chance of genetic deformities as anyone else.
CoffeeDrive wrote:
The fuck did you say?!
Not a fan of Tsundere characters. Besides, I prefer purple.
I also draw, kind of.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Meh, first cousins is okay in my head, considering its actually legal to marry them in a good proportion of countries, and genetic deformity chances are incredible low at that level. Even though most of society effectively says "No" to anyone that is remotely closely related.
The fuck did you say?!
Bitches ain't know the truth, yo, don't worry. They just fools.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Steinherz wrote:
The genetic deformity thing is propaganda actually. Unless your European royalty, marrying/having kids with family has the same chance of genetic deformities as anyone else.
CoffeeDrive wrote:
The fuck did you say?!
Not a fan of Tsundere characters. Besides, I prefer purple.
I aint gonna lie, i gotta thing for rider.
Sakura and saber are on the same level in my head though, I just couldnt pick a favourite.
I like heavens feel more than fate, but, cant decide on the characters.

Also, so the entire reason people are told they cant marry family is false? Damn.

Also guys, Sunrider chapter 2 is out for anyone interested in that game. Its fun as hell, by the way.

brythain

Post by brythain »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Also guys, Sunrider chapter 2 is out for anyone interested in that game. Its fun as hell, by the way.
You too, huh? :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)