Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

forgetmenot

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by forgetmenot »

Julliant wrote:I just completed KS.

My route order was Emi, Rin, Shizune, Hanako then Lilly.

Now I don't know what to do with my life.
Welcome to the forums! If you're still hankering for more KS-related material, there's plenty of good stuff on the fanfiction board. If you're looking for a specific kind of story, the Yamaku Library is a great place to start. In addition, the shimmie is a great place for more KS art.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I heard the library is a really cool place. And that the librarian is a hawty
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I played my first half route or so with my own music on
I couldn't imagine being so closed to new things that when faced with the possibility of some new musical experience, I deliberately mute it and put on some safe stuff I already know I like. Why would anybody do that...

@Julliant: Transcend humanity to enter the 2D world and find Yamaku. Or, y'know, fanfiction and all that.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Comrade wrote:I heard the library is a really cool place. And that the librarian is a hawty
Hmm...where did you hear that? ;)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

So one of my friends is playing Fallout: New Vegas and he just finished the Honest Hearts DLC and I thought to myself:
I wonder what Hanako and Lilly would think of Joshua Graham?

Imo, I think Hanako would probably relate to his condition, and Lilly would possibly admire his devotion to his own morals (if being a bit militant)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Julliant

Post by Julliant »

forgetmenot wrote:
Julliant wrote:I just completed KS.

My route order was Emi, Rin, Shizune, Hanako then Lilly.

Now I don't know what to do with my life.
Welcome to the forums! If you're still hankering for more KS-related material, there's plenty of good stuff on the fanfiction board. If you're looking for a specific kind of story, the Yamaku Library is a great place to start. In addition, the shimmie is a great place for more KS art.
Thank you for the warm reception peoples.

I'm catching up on all the forum threads while listening to the KS OST on my headphones with built-in player.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Leaty wrote:Wiosna literally haunts me.

I don't know what it is about that song, but every time I hear it I feel, like, existentially troubled.
Concord has the same effect on me.
Can't put my finger on it, but it makes me feel bad. Not sad, angry, lonely, or anything I can put my finger on... just an unidentifiable bad feeling.
Lilly's route didn't really have too much affect on me either, so I doubt it was anything to do with her, I think it's something about that beginning pattern.

Listening to it now and I still can't put my finger on it.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

For the record, my favorite Katawa Shoujo theme never actually made it into the game. It's the second draft of Painful History.

I sort of consider it the unofficial-official leitmotif of Iwanako, since she's the only love interest of Hisao who never had one of her own.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Leaty wrote:For the record, my favorite Katawa Shoujo theme never actually made it into the game. It's the second draft of Painful History.

I sort of consider it the unofficial-official leitmotif of Iwanako, since she's the only love interest of Hisao who never had one of her own.
That was actually quite good, though the frequent full stops were kinda breaking the flow of the song a bit.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Leaty wrote:For the record, my favorite Katawa Shoujo theme never actually made it into the game. It's the second draft of Painful History.

That sounds ridiculously good. And strangely something I'd expect to hear out of Final Fantasy 10, stops and all.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

ogorhan wrote:That was actually quite good, though the frequent full stops were kinda breaking the flow of the song a bit.
The full stops actually make sense when you put it in the context of how Hanako and Hisao's relationship would go in real life - it'll take them a long time for their relationship to flow, and sometimes misunderstandings and anxiety will combine to cause effectively a stoppage of the relationship.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Ah, the piano version of Painful History. I remember it playing in the Act 1 Demo during the scene where Hanako gets stared down by Shizune. I was surprised when they used a different song for that scene in the full version...at first.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Silentcook wrote:Yeah, you'd have ended up waking up (again) in a different Sorry Corner. :twisted:
So whats this mystical place of wonder and amazement that is called the sorry corner :lol: ?

Just curious since from time to time it pops up and its clearly from before I ever discovered KS.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

ogorhan wrote:
Silentcook wrote:Yeah, you'd have ended up waking up (again) in a different Sorry Corner. :twisted:
So whats this mystical place of wonder and amazement that is called the sorry corner :lol: ?

Just curious since from time to time it pops up and its clearly from before I ever discovered KS.
I think it's a place Silentcook puts people in, like the Sin Bin or rules for other yellow-card type offences.
I have a lease on an apartment (a tiny cubicle, really, but all mine) there. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Brythian. ever since i joined these forums you are the only person I ever saw sent there.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014