The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Charmant

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Charmant »

Megumeru wrote:slurring 'guru gumawaru~' or something along that line, at least in my headcanon anyway.
Does that mean anything in particular or is it Japan's version of drunk gibberish?
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

If Rin and Hisao do have a son, I'd imagine he would be a lot (personality-wise) like Toshinari Seki from Tonari no Seki-kun.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

I haven't exactly made a headcanon decision one way or the other, but I do sometimes wonder if Kenji's "evil feminists are out to pollute our precious bodily fluids" act isn't just that: an act.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Atario

Post by Atario »

emmjay wrote:I do sometimes wonder if Kenji's "evil feminists are out to pollute our precious bodily fluids" act isn't just that: an act.
I'd be willing to entertain the notion, but I need a motive…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

emmjay wrote:I haven't exactly made a headcanon decision one way or the other, but I do sometimes wonder if Kenji's "evil feminists are out to pollute our precious bodily fluids" act isn't just that: an act.
Unlikely. He has no reason to put on an act. Though now I'm curious what sort of motive headcanon might provide...
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Charmant wrote:
Megumeru wrote:slurring 'guru gumawaru~' or something along that line, at least in my headcanon anyway.
Does that mean anything in particular or is it Japan's version of drunk gibberish?
It basically means 'round and round and round'--slurred.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Atario wrote:
emmjay wrote:I do sometimes wonder if Kenji's "evil feminists are out to pollute our precious bodily fluids" act isn't just that: an act.
I'd be willing to entertain the notion, but I need a motive…
And that would be one major reason it isn't really part of my headcanon, just an idea I've entertained.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Then please stay on topic :s
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I have been thinking for a while and it actually got to me that we didn't know that much of their middle-school days. Back in those days, certain type of people would have certain...let's just say 'fantasies' of what they want life to be, either due to influence from popular culture or what-not (it is what actually got me into writing in the first place). If you're unfamilliar, it goes along the line of 「中二病でも恋がしたい」or 'Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai' (not sure if there is an English title for it); of course, the characters there are way over their 'prime' for that which serves as its plot-point and running gag

So with that out of the way, what if they have the chuunibyou during their middle school years? My headcanon thinks that they'd believe they are:

1. Hisao as either this sorceror that has control over an element or something.
2. Shizune being a mahou shoujo, acting more as a priestess-like character meant to guide everyone towards a better future.
3. Misha being a super-secret female spy
4. Lilly as this princess from some far-away land who's cursed and waits for her prince to save her
5. Emi as a mahou shoujo
6. Hanako as batman

*ok, I'm not certain if Hanako would have it, but if she does it will be mahou shoujo

What do you all think? Do you have your own delusions back in those days (which can get very embarassing at times)? :lol:

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Megumeru wrote:I have been thinking for a while and it actually got to me that we didn't know that much of their middle-school days. Back in those days, certain type of people would have certain...let's just say 'fantasies' of what they want life to be, either due to influence from popular culture or what-not (it is what actually got me into writing in the first place). If you're unfamilliar, it goes along the line of 「中二病でも恋がしたい」or 'Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai' (not sure if there is an English title for it); of course, the characters there are way over their 'prime' for that which serves as its plot-point and running gag

So with that out of the way, what if they have the chuunibyou during their middle school years? My headcanon thinks that they'd believe they are:

1. Hisao as either this sorceror that has control over an element or something.
2. Shizune being a mahou shoujo, acting more as a priestess-like character meant to guide everyone towards a better future.
3. Misha being a super-secret female spy
4. Lilly as this princess from some far-away land who's cursed and waits for her prince to save her
5. Emi as a mahou shoujo
6. Hanako as batman

*ok, I'm not certain if Hanako would have it, but if she does it will be mahou shoujo

What do you all think? Do you have your own delusions back in those days (which can get very embarassing at times)? :lol:
While I didnt had any delusions that I had special powers or anything, I pretended sometimes I was some sort of a necromancer raising armies of undead or demons to guard me and crush my enemies.

Also that was a nice anime, I enjoyed watching it :D
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

So ChuChuism is a real thing?

I guess that must be a Japanese thing. In middle school the craziest thing we did is invent sadistic torture games with magnifying glasses.
Good days.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Atario

Post by Atario »

Megumeru wrote:「中二病でも恋がしたい」or 'Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai' (not sure if there is an English title for it)
A way to find out is: Check MAL, look under Alternative Titles, English. "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!". Which is not the translation of the Japanese title, but a separate English title the studio decided on. They do this a lot. :?
what if they have the chuunibyou during their middle school years?
Hisao: Something along the lines of Tron.
Shizune: Demon Empress, commanding Hell's legion.
Misha: Magical Girl for sure. Hell, her hair gets her about 30% of the way there at the start of the game. She's the protector of beautiful yuri love.
Rin: An anonymous small orange toad who gets near lots of strange happenings but somehow manages never to get tangled in them.
Emi: Rule 63 version of The Flash.
Lilly: Fierce warrior princess of a vast underground crystal-cavern kingdom where light itself doesn't work (sighted invaders would be at a big disadvantage, eh?).
Hanako: Rule 63 version of Mr. Freeze. Name: The Ice Queen.
Did you?

My circle of friends tended to get this out of our systems by playing role-playing games. Not videogame RPGs, book-and-dice stuff. Most of the time just informally talking, not even using actual books or dice or anything.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Comrade wrote:So ChuChuism is a real thing?

I guess that must be a Japanese thing. In middle school the craziest thing we did is invent sadistic torture games with magnifying glasses.
Good days.
It's...as real as it gets. It's normal over in the west too, is it? The time when we're searching for something 'fun' or out-of-the-ordinary, like soul searching.

At least I think it's part of soul-searching.
Atario wrote: Did you?

My circle of friends tended to get this out of our systems by playing role-playing games. Not videogame RPGs, book-and-dice stuff. Most of the time just informally talking, not even using actual books or dice or anything.
Yes. Good times...

I used to imagine I'm this infantryman fighting against a space invader in an interstellar war--something along that line. But that's why I joined the writing club and get it out of my system. Some of my circle of friends joined for similar reasons, others role-played or just act it out publicly--which is hillaripus when I look back and remember (one of my buddy thinks and talk like an Italian mafia once, then a yakuza next, speaking English in bits and pieces). Then it was high school 2nd year, and I joined the student council as a secretary and by that time I've graduated from the syndrome, so to say. :D

Imagine the girls acting out all their little imagination. That would be something embarassing to remember (e.g. Emi acting out transformation scene, or Shizune working on a 'book of spells' or something)

SHII-HAEL!
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai means "I dont care about 8 grader syndrome, i just want to date!" Which is the name of the anime, the condition is called chuunibyou.

Its pretty common, but not as extreme as the anime depicts.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai means "I dont care about 8 grader syndrome, i just want to date!" Which is the name of the anime, the condition is called chuunibyou.

Its pretty common, but not as extreme as the anime depicts.
It's actually more 'Even if I have middle-school syndrome, I want to love!'

The one depicted there is pretty severe. 1st-2nd year of high school and still having that? It's embarassing up to the roof :lol:
...makes you wonder if anyone in yamaku has that syndrome going around.

SHII-HAEL!