The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Eurobeatjester

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I like the idea that was presented in the alpha that Emi and Misha had an...encounter...in the past.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Megumeru wrote: I'm getting a general idea that if you like Shizune, you'd dislike Lilly and vice-versa. But Shizune's far from ugly and--sorry, boring? You know nothing of Shizune :lol:

Misha certainly is cute, but with her dying her hair pink and the drills to gain attention, she'd be getting less of a 'positive' attention from most, sadly.
It's true we don't learn much about Shizune , her interests , her hobbies (she loves competition and chests,and ?), how she lives (So we have a good idea how could Hanako and Lilly be in their daily life)...not bad about her internal logic though.
But it makes sense that Hisao don't know everything about her at the end of a school year. (Even if the distance between their two sometimes seems to me uncredible or a little sad because i'm not sure that it's totaly what Hisao wanted and Shizune needed : Why he still hide the fact he suffers from arrhythmia, it's dangerous and stupid, and he is a disabled school and his girlfriend is obvisouly deaf-mute and can't hide it (it would be different if he was in normal school with a non-disabled girlfriend), he thinks she could not accept his disability or even it's fair to still hide it ? I don't know how they are supposed to build a true relationship without saying a thing so important and simple like that, but maybe in this Route he don't totaly accept his disability, he re-motivated but still lives like he has no problems)

I don't know why, but I have the vibe that Hisao and Shizune might have trouble getting along with time. (the opposite is not impossible, but Hisao has some needs that Shizune would struggle to fill , and vice versa : Shizune could struggle with the lack of energy of Hisao, and Hisao could need affection and being tired to be sometimes secondary towards the ambitions of Shizune; but like all very different people, they may eventually complete each other and and overcome their flaws or become depleted if they don't learn to fulfill their different needs)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Bluegaze wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Bluegaze wrote:whereas Shizune is ugly and boring,
Whoa... That's a little harsh, don'cha think?

I pretty much agree with everything else stated, but damn. That's cold.
Maybe bit too harsh, she's not exactly ugly but she simply is nowhere near as cute as any other KS girls, and the way she acts is simply weird for me, which annoyed and bored me over the route, even though it did have some nice moments.
I just wish Misha had her own nice story :roll: I went for Shizune route only because of Misha ;_;
I'm guessing you're applying some take on Hollywood's version of ugly here, where they're not even remotely ugly but everyone claims they are because they're slightly pudgy or wear glasses or something. Otherwise...Just no.

Is it weird if I have a headcanon that ships Miki and the pigtailed Indian chick in Hisao's class?
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Atario

Post by Atario »

bhtooefr wrote:Here you go... http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6425
Haha, that's a tremendous title
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Zarys wrote:
Megumeru wrote: I'm getting a general idea that if you like Shizune, you'd dislike Lilly and vice-versa. But Shizune's far from ugly and--sorry, boring? You know nothing of Shizune :lol:

Misha certainly is cute, but with her dying her hair pink and the drills to gain attention, she'd be getting less of a 'positive' attention from most, sadly.
It's true we don't learn much about Shizune , her interests , her hobbies (she loves competition and chests,and ?), how she lives (So we have a good idea how could Hanako and Lilly be in their daily life)...not bad about her internal logic though.
But it makes sense that Hisao don't know everything about her at the end of a school year. (Even if the distance between their two sometimes seems to me uncredible or a little sad because i'm not sure that it's totaly what Hisao wanted and Shizune needed : Why he still hide the fact he suffers from arrhythmia, it's dangerous and stupid, and he is a disabled school and his girlfriend is obvisouly deaf-mute and can't hide it (it would be different if he was in normal school with a non-disabled girlfriend), he thinks she could not accept his disability or even it's fair to still hide it ? I don't know how they are supposed to build a true relationship without saying a thing so important and simple like that, but maybe in this Route he don't totaly accept his disability, he re-motivated but still lives like he has no problems)

I don't know why, but I have the vibe that Hisao and Shizune might have trouble getting along with time. (the opposite is not impossible, but Hisao has some needs that Shizune would struggle to fill , and vice versa : Shizune could struggle with the lack of energy of Hisao, and Hisao could need affection and being tired to be sometimes secondary towards the ambitions of Shizune; but like all very different people, they may eventually complete each other and and overcome their flaws or become depleted if they don't learn to fulfill their different needs)
A ha, and that's where you're wrong my friend :D

I'd go explain in great detail, but since time is an issue in my part I can only give bits and continue much later.

What we learn from Shizune (which are explicitly stated) are just the tip of the ice berg. I've covered most of it in another discussion somewhere and done it again in another and a few more, but the point is it's not just how much she reveals to Hisao, but also what she reveals. Most of it, you'll have to read into her character from how she acts, how she reacts, how she responds, etc. to actually uncover more of her than what was presented (something that I don't find in most of the other characters, barring Rin and--to an extent--Emi). Maybe it's also because I grow up in a familiar culture and environment enough to actually capture the moment and fully understand what is really going on, maybe it's me.

If I have some time again, I'll give a more 'proper' and structured response/argument.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:
Zarys wrote:I don't know why, but I have the vibe that Hisao and Shizune might have trouble getting along with time. (the opposite is not impossible, but Hisao has some needs that Shizune would struggle to fill , and vice versa : Shizune could struggle with the lack of energy of Hisao, and Hisao could need affection and being tired to be sometimes secondary towards the ambitions of Shizune; but like all very different people, they may eventually complete each other and and overcome their flaws or become depleted if they don't learn to fulfill their different needs)
A ha, and that's where you're wrong my friend :D

I'd go explain in great detail, but since time is an issue in my part I can only give bits and continue much later.

What we learn from Shizune (which are explicitly stated) are just the tip of the ice berg. I've covered most of it in another discussion somewhere and done it again in another and a few more, but the point is it's not just how much she reveals to Hisao, but also what she reveals. Most of it, you'll have to read into her character from how she acts, how she reacts, how she responds, etc. to actually uncover more of her than what was presented (something that I don't find in most of the other characters, barring Rin and--to an extent--Emi). Maybe it's also because I grow up in a familiar culture and environment enough to actually capture the moment and fully understand what is really going on, maybe it's me.

If I have some time again, I'll give a more 'proper' and structured response/argument.
I have a suspicion that certain cultural backgrounds tend to filter out the meaningful content of Shizune's route. Shizune can't talk, and it's obvious that Misha is not a perfect interpreter. So the only way Shizune can tell Hisao how much he means to her is by her actions. Sadly the symbolic weight of those actions is sometimes lost to people who don't have the required background. This means a lot of effort, and that's where the problem is: to explain all the actions is like explaining a joke, it would spoil the subtlety of how Shizune is communicating. I suspect that the Shizune route doesn't translate well to the VN because of the difficulty of exposition, and lack of the equivalent of footnotes. Not to mention the length of the route, which goes to graduation: can you imagine what might happen to any of the other girls in their 'good' routes if they sustain a relationship to that point and then the relationship just fades away (like so many high school romances) five months later? :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

My headcanon is that Hanako was a little shit when she was young. She'd have tantrums, hit and slap other kids, ignore schoolwork and homework and all that jazz.

She would have grown up to be a popular teenager, using her good looks and sly cunning to get what she wants when she wants, and bullying people who weren't quite up to her standard. Quite the archetypal bitch.
But the Fire Nation attacked
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

It also kind of clashes with how Hanako herself describes her life prior to the accident.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Yeah, no.

Her personality would be rather different if she didn't go through that (and had the resulting anxiety), but honestly, I think she's always been fairly demure and introverted (yet passionate about things that she cares about).
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Munchenhausen wrote:My headcanon is that Hanako was a little shit when she was young. She'd have tantrums, hit and slap other kids, ignore schoolwork and homework and all that jazz.

She would have grown up to be a popular teenager, using her good looks and sly cunning to get what she wants when she wants, and bullying people who weren't quite up to her standard. Quite the archetypal bitch.
I am allergic to this headcanon.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Munchenhausen wrote:My headcanon is that Hanako was a little shit when she was young. She'd have tantrums, hit and slap other kids, ignore schoolwork and homework and all that jazz.

Bestheadcanon/10
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Guest Poster wrote:It also kind of clashes with how Hanako herself describes her life prior to the accident.
After a life (and face) changing experience like this, I doubt she'd tell Swaggervest McSexyface that she used to be a lil' shit :P She looks back and hates her old personality after years of being bullied like she was
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Yeah, I don't see that happening.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I could see that happening with Emi, but not Hanako.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself