Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:
brythain wrote:
dewelar wrote:So, how does everyone think the Satous voted in today's referendum on Scottish independence?
Akira for, Lilly against. The former likes the idea of independence against the odds; the latter is all for a stable relationship when two parties are geographically united. :)
I also expect that Hiroyuki is a 'no' vote, assuming he has Scottish citizenship and can vote. Sorch...I mean Karla (ugh) would also be against it, as despite her Scottish pride I also see her as practical, something of a traditionalist and someone who prefers not to make waves.
Update: At this point in time, Highland council area (Inverness is the Highlands capital) results are projected at 53-47 in favour of 'no'. Lilly is smirking gently, Akira is drinking and looking resigned.
Heh. I can totally see that.
Don't make jokes at Lils's expense! :lol:

And the rest of it is there too!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

How has everyone been?! I've been stuck to the KS reddit lately. Forgetting to log onto the fourms lol
Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

dewelar wrote:I also expect that Hiroyuki is a 'no' vote, assuming he has Scottish citizenship and can vote. Sorch...I mean Karla (ugh) would also be against it, as despite her Scottish pride I also see her as practical, something of a traditionalist and someone who prefers not to make waves.
Are these the names of Lilly's parents? Is this canon or you made it up?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Hiroyuki is the name the devs brought up as the name of Lilly's dad. Karla is the name a handful of pictures from Lilly's mother is categorized under on the Shimmie.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

It's not canon, but developer statements mean it's the closest thing we have to canon.

In any case, there's also business considerations.

Satou likely takes advantage of the Common Travel Area, which may not have survived Scottish independence if England was feeling really spiteful (although my prediction was that had that happened, Scotland would've immediately joined the Schengen Agreement, and then the rest of the CTA would've had more pressure to do so as well).

In addition, Satou likely has huge benefits from being within the EU, which would have been lost for a while had Scotland left the UK.

I think Hiroyuki would have been an idiot to vote anything other than no, even if Scotland would have been better off voting yes, for what it's worth.
Last edited by bhtooefr on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Not exactly KS related, but just thought i'd let you all know that planetarium is now and steam.
Go get those free feels yo.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:Lilly feels her way past her bedside shelf, then stops. There's an old wooden music box there. She opens it, and a familiar tune begins to play. Lilly whispers, "Once people have come together, they shouldn't have to part."
I believe this is the first election results thread I've teared up at.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

Why is Rin's disability never explained? Lilly and Shizune were probably born with their disabilites, and we get to know about Emi's and Hanako's accidents, why is it never explained how Rin lost her hands? Are people born without limbs like that? Because i find it hard to imagine an accident in which a person would lose both of their hands like that, with nothing happenning to their torso or head. What do you think?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Bluegaze wrote:Why is Rin's disability never explained? Lilly and Shizune were probably born with their disabilites, and we get to know about Emi's and Hanako's accidents, why is it never explained how Rin lost her hands? Are people born without limbs like that? Because i find it hard to imagine an accident in which a person would lose both of their hands like that, with nothing happenning to their torso or head. What do you think?
Isn't she a thalidomide baby?
Like, her arms were both deformed at birth due to her mother taking thalidomide to help with morning sickness, (which yeilded the now well-known results) and the doctors decided to just amputate them because they were going to be useless either way

also because the H-scenes would be rather unsettling wih a pair of little thalidomide arms flailing about
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Bluegaze wrote:Why is Rin's disability never explained? Lilly and Shizune were probably born with their disabilites, and we get to know about Emi's and Hanako's accidents, why is it never explained how Rin lost her hands? Are people born without limbs like that? Because i find it hard to imagine an accident in which a person would lose both of their hands like that, with nothing happenning to their torso or head. What do you think?
It is explained, its a birth defect.

Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Is it really? I have got 100% and I somehow don't remember it being mentioned. Might be just me somehow not noticing it though, but could you tell the scene in which it's said?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

It's in her profile on the website.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Bluegaze wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
Is it really? I have got 100% and I somehow don't remember it being mentioned. Might be just me somehow not noticing it though, but could you tell the scene in which it's said?
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... slated.jpg

Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

Oh I see, thanks :3
Atario

Post by Atario »

I wonder if RAITA just didn't know thalidomide had been stopped for pregnant women since the early-to-mid 1960s, or was just using it as a shorthand?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote