Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by bhtooefr »

Gaylord was from that story, too, IIRC.

In any case, that's a good point, too, that someone would've seen her being friendly with Miki... but it's still my headcanon that Miki tried something, and she certainly seems to know more details than she's willing to share, as if it'd cast Hanako in a bad light if she shared them (and she's always careful to say that Hanako's a good person).
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:Another thing about Miki... why has it become fanon that she's friends with Suzu? Canonically, she "tends to get on better with guys", to the point that she doesn't even talk to Emi, her teammate, much.
Because they sit next to each other in class. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

brythain wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Another thing about Miki... why has it become fanon that she's friends with Suzu? Canonically, she "tends to get on better with guys", to the point that she doesn't even talk to Emi, her teammate, much.
That's a really weak line of reasoning...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Khalego wrote:
brythain wrote:
Induction: Natsume/Naomi/(Hanako), Misha/Shizune/(Hisao) etc. That's a canonical basis for consideration, no?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:
Khalego wrote:
brythain wrote:Because they sit next to each other in class. :)
Induction: Natsume/Naomi/(Hanako), Misha/Shizune/(Hisao) etc. That's a canonical basis for consideration, no?
Miki and Suzu are separated by an aisle, which in high school is a pretty wide chasm to overcome :) . The groupings in your scenario would be Miki-Ikuno-Haruhiko and Suzu-Lezard-Molly.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Khalego wrote:
brythain wrote:
Not really. In most Japanese schools, you get to sit to the person next to you for a long time since seating is determined and teacher move between classes--not you. So having someone next to you to keep you entertained (or cheat from) from subject to subject is welcomed. Seats are changed usually during new semesters.

Speaking of Miki and others...

Tell us your headcanon of Yamaku, from the classes to the students up to...whatever you wish actually
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Actually... think a head canon topic should be a thing? I feel like that's too big for this.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:Actually... think a head canon topic should be a thing? I feel like that's too big for this.
My head canon expanded until it exploded. So I wrote down as much as I could in the fanfic section. :)

Meanwhile, in other news, I decided to replay KS. Two rules: 1) Lilly neutral ending is true and the rest are shadows (no, that's not expressing a personal preference, but it's an experiment to see how it feels); 2) deliberately remember certain things while playing through (e.g. in Shizune's route, remember Misha's internal conflict). Owwww...
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:Actually... think a head canon topic should be a thing? I feel like that's too big for this.
Nothing is ever too big when it's random discussions! :mrgreen:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Head Canon; that's an interesting choice! Way to get people talking if I do say so myself. In short I think: a) Saki is a bitch, b)All OCs who have a good base, reason, and reasonable interaction with people-are real, c) Suzu and Miki are friends, d) Rika is a live wild/die hard kind of person, d) Brythain's Kenji's family is real(I can never see him the same way again, then again the entire cast has been altered in my eyes :lol: ).
Last edited by YutoTheOrc on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

YutoTheOrc wrote:Brythain's Kenji's family is real...
This and the bit about Rin coming from a Korean family living in Tsushima are my two favorite bits of Brythain headcanon.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Numb

Post by Numb »

brythain wrote:
I always thought it was a case of opposites, like the main girls. Hanako is scarred, Lilly is blind. Emi has no legs, Rin has no arms. Shizune is mute, Misha needs to learn to control her volume. Miki is energetic, Suzu is always tired. When I started Blossom, I was trying to figure out who might be a better partner than Suzu, and the next best thing was Takashi, because Miki has a positive outlook and Takashi hates everything because of his tinnitus.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Numb wrote: I always thought it was a case of opposites, like the main girls. Hanako is scarred, Lilly is blind. Emi has no legs, Rin has no arms. Shizune is mute, Misha needs to learn to control her volume. Miki is energetic, Suzu is always tired. When I started Blossom, I was trying to figure out who might be a better partner than Suzu, and the next best thing was Takashi, because Miki has a positive outlook and Takashi hates everything because of his tinnitus.
That's actually a pretty valid point... I've never looked at it like that before:P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Numb wrote:
brythain wrote:
I always thought it was a case of opposites, like the main girls. Hanako is scarred, Lilly is blind. Emi has no legs, Rin has no arms. Shizune is mute, Misha needs to learn to control her volume. Miki is energetic, Suzu is always tired. When I started Blossom, I was trying to figure out who might be a better partner than Suzu, and the next best thing was Takashi, because Miki has a positive outlook and Takashi hates everything because of his tinnitus.
Really? He hates everything? Where did you find that? I don't remember it from the game, unless I overlooked it; which could be a very real possibility :/
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

YutoTheOrc wrote: Really? He hates everything? Where did you find that? I don't remember it from the game, unless I overlooked it; which could be a very real possibility :/
Takashi is another one of these tertiary characters that has nothing canonical about them apart from that shot of them in 3-2 and what their condition is. You don't actually hear about him at all in the VN, if I'm not mistaken.

General idea is, though, that he has a very short temper due to his Tinnitus. Having tinnitus myself, albeit not bad enough to warrant any special measures, I can see where it came from. It can be pretty damn annoying.

Considering it's the reason he's at Yamaku, it must be pretty bad :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon