You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

XcaaaL

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by XcaaaL »

Khalego wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:It's a hard to find scene in act one, that requires you to take Shizune-choices, then go for it on the track. After that, you get a choice. You can politely tell Misha you don't want to talk about why you were late for class, then choose to either eat lunch with the Student Council or Emi, or you can just tell her to piss off, and get a one-way ticket to pretzels and whisky.
In his defense, she's really annoying and naggy about it.
I didn't really find it that annoying. I find Kenji popping up everywhere more annoying. I liked him at first, then he popped up again. And again. And again. And Again.

In any case, Hisao is also known for his nagginess as well, best shown in the Emi route which almost got him a one way trip to Dumpsville.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

XcaaaL wrote:
Khalego wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:It's a hard to find scene in act one, that requires you to take Shizune-choices, then go for it on the track. After that, you get a choice. You can politely tell Misha you don't want to talk about why you were late for class, then choose to either eat lunch with the Student Council or Emi, or you can just tell her to piss off, and get a one-way ticket to pretzels and whisky.
I didn't really find it that annoying. I find Kenji popping up everywhere more annoying. I liked him at first, then he popped up again. And again. And again. And Again.

In any case, Hisao is also known for his nagginess as well, best shown in the Emi route which almost got him a one way trip to Dumpsville.
I don't think nagging and imploring your partner to show a bit of openness - that thing that good relationships have - are the same thing...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Khalego wrote:
Khalego wrote:
I don't think nagging and imploring your partner to show a bit of openness - that thing that good relationships have - are the same thing...
I agree but he was pressing the matter far more than any sane man would have. She made it clear she didn't want none of it, but unlike Hanako she didn't explode. He just caught a lucky break.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

XcaaaL wrote:She made it clear she didn't want none of it
She obviously did or else why did she bother starting a relationship? You don't get to be one half of a partnership and stay walled off from your partner. That's not how it works. If she didn't want to be open, she should have stayed alone. When he's waking to find her sobbing and whimpering in her sleep, that's something that needs figuring out, however much pressing it may take. No sane person would just shrug it off as just the way things are.

Besides. not exploding is exactly her problem. She's a landmine that needs to go off but refuses to do so. And that doesn't end well for anybody.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Khalego wrote:
She obviously did or else why did she bother starting a relationship? You don't get to be one half of a partnership and stay walled off from your partner. That's not how it works. If she didn't want to be open, she should have stayed alone.
It was implied that it was more of a fun thing and Hisao took the relationship much more seriously than Emi. And she actually did break up with him for like 5 seconds. Hisao's musk is too stronk for her and she went back for more. She also got mad at Hisao several times for asking about her dad or thinking that he asked about her dad which shows that she didn't want to talk about it with him at that point.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

XcaaaL wrote:
Khalego wrote:
She obviously did or else why did she bother starting a relationship? You don't get to be one half of a partnership and stay walled off from your partner. That's not how it works. If she didn't want to be open, she should have stayed alone.
It was implied that it was more of a fun thing and Hisao took the relationship much more seriously than Emi. And she actually did break up with him for like 5 seconds. Hisao's musk is too strong for her and she went back for more. She also got mad at Hisao several times for asking about her dad or thinking that he asked about her dad which shows that she didn't want to talk about it with him at that point.
Yes, that was implied. That doesn't make it less awful and stupid that she led him along. And her wants became irrelevant once it was clear that she needed to talk about it. When wants contradict needs, needs come first.

Misha was nagging into things above her pay grade. Hisao just wanted an actual relationship, not a farce held together solely by Emi's vagina. :P
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Khalego wrote:Hisao just wanted an actual relationship, not a farce held together solely by Emi's vagina. :P
True. He can be naggy, but it's with good intent.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

XcaaaL wrote:
Khalego wrote:Hisao just wanted an actual relationship, not a farce held together solely by Emi's vagina. :P
Even then, he only had to be baggy because she kept pushing him away. It was just finding the right balance of nagging and backing off that mattered.

As for leading Hisao on, I don't think that was her intent. She did want a more meaningful relationship, she just freaked out when it actually happened and stone walled, which is still bad, but not as devious as leading him on.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

SpunkySix wrote:
XcaaaL wrote:
Even then, he only had to be baggy because she kept pushing him away. It was just finding the right balance of nagging and backing off that mattered.

As for leading Hisao on, I don't think that was her intent. She did want a more meaningful relationship, she just freaked out when it actually happened and stone walled, which is still bad, but not as devious as leading him on.
I'm going to disagree.

I don't think she wanted a more serious relationship. It's just that when she actually got into the relationship, it meant more to her than she wanted it to and she didn't know how to handle it.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:I don't think she wanted a more serious relationship. It's just that when she actually got into the relationship, it meant more to her than she wanted it to and she didn't know how to handle it.
Huh... that's possible, at first at least. By the time she was far enough into it to be in danger of leading Hisao on though, (circa first sexy tiem) I'd wager she had already realized how much it meant to her, at which point she did want more in a sense and entered into internal conflict mode.

Basically, I'd be both surprised and bothered if she truly didn't have any intentions or desires to be with Hisao on a more emotionally deep level whatsoever after that point or at least soon after it and was actually just pretending to the whole time. The girl is stubborn and deceptive even at times, but she certainly doesn't strike me as a manipulative bitch.

Not that you meant that, it's just that I feel the need to clarify that even with your interpretation, I think "leading on" implies something a little more devious than what actually happened. Keep in mind, by the time Hisao confronts her initially about opening up, she has more than likely already begun to be hit with the realization that he means something real to her.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

When you write a dirty story simply because someone asked you to.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:When you write a dirty story simply because someone asked you to.
About Katawa Shoujo, I presume?

Details, mah boi.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:When you write a dirty story simply because someone asked you to.
About Katawa Shoujo, I presume?

Details, mah boi.
All shall be revealed in due time, hun.
brythain

Post by brythain »

:shock: <-- first response
:lol: <-- sudden realisation
:wink: <-- commiseration
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Here we go...
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014