Any possibility for a Misha path? No.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path? No.

Post by Bara »

Remember kiddies; "Misha must die!". :wink:

I can see some of the dev reaction to the whining about the "lack of a Misha path" as being justified. They have spent much of their free time on this project and then, after the demo comes out, everyone with a drill-hair fetish comes out of the woodwork with "helpful suggestions" about how they think the project, which is well locked down by now, should be dumped in the shitcan for the sake of "their girl". At least with other suporting characters that enter after Act 1 the devs will just be able to say to the fans of those charcters, "It is final, It's impossible to change, take what you got and go fap in a corner ya ungrateful bastards." :lol:

Now, I have some "changes" for Emi's path.... :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Malinor

Post by Malinor »

@Aura - Well, it's not stickied anymore (maybe it never was? Turns out I don't know what the topic symbols mean) so it's totally fine.

I'm just not really sure how much relevant discussion can be turned up about the lack of a route and the fact that there are no plans to do one.

@Bara - The devs (seemingly anyway) have been dealing with this non-issue for a while, but if I had to guess what caused the backlash here, it'd have to be the sheer hutzpah that the guy had. Trying to tell someone how to do their job is pretty infuriating in any situation, but when an outsider who obviously has no clue as to the working methods talks down to a group who more or less created the subject in debate...well, it's a unique sort of idiocy.

Anyway, I don't really have anything to discuss on the subject of Misha's non-route, so I'll vacate the premises. =)
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Unless there will be a crossdressing, cosplay-fanatic, android cat/insert-animal-of-your-choice- girl with Emi's height, Shizune's face, glasses, drill hair that is covering half her face, big boobs that can be deflated before intercourse, with Lilly's manners, part of Hanako's and Emi's behaviour, Rin's humour, who is a childhood friend of the main character and an apparition of his dead older sister and who is governed by two polar personalities, possessed by the devil and an angel simultaneously - making her sometimes appear like a dark-skinned or albino girl respectively and who is by some kind of coincidence having a deadly illness and must be saved by the protagonist from some kind of ancient evil and who has all kind of disabilities and mutations - ranging from one missing finger to lepra to tentacles and to death and who is moe and a yandere and all the the crazy other personalities and stuff fiction has blessed us with there will be people who are unsatisfied.

However nobody is inclined to accept that fact - people who are in need of this can make their vision come true but they should do it via their own devices and should not demand other people to fulfill their wishes.

All of us here have been lured into the story because it entertained us so well. And while I can think of additions that would make the story more suited for myself I am very very content with the vision the developers have given me. I may not agree with everything but the whole of Katawa Shoujo as it is now is good enough for me (strong understatement here) and more than I would ever expect from an independent small team as their first product.

If you are not happy with the ending of a novel - turn to fanfiction and the same is true with KS - write down your version why and how Hisao and Misha should become a couple and post it on the fanfiction forum here!
Remember kiddies; "Misha must die!".
And also remember from our previous lecture, kids:
"LET THERE BE BLOOD AND NOTHING ELSE BUT BLOOD, BECAUSE DEATH IS A BEAUTIFUL THING!"
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Devvy

Post by Devvy »

Alright guys, that's it.

Listen, no one wants a misha path more than I do, it's the only reason I ever came to the forums in the first place.

BUT! This isn't our game, and we are not going through the time and trouble to make it, so we have no credibility and actual say in the matter, and as the devs are pointing out up there that this isn't serving to convince them to make one, it's just pissing them off. We can continue to have this thread, but leave the devs out and lets just discuss Misha in our own light.

Who knows? Maybe sometime after the game is done, they may change their minds and send an update in a patch or something (although that's just wishful thinking on my end).
rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Totally agree with Devvy here. I too come here in hopes for a Misha path. But well, if the devs doesnt want to make it, bad luck for us, Misha´s fandom. Its not our time and hard work, after all.

But, dont despair yet. There is hope. A miracle can always happens.
Self claimed Misha Fan
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

rincewind wrote: But, dont despair yet. There is hope. A miracle can always happens.
You guys aren't getting it. Star despairing. Start despairing right the fuck now. Misha thinks you're all ugly. She doesn't want you. So in respect of her wishes, we're keeping her away from you.
Bara

Post by Bara »

rincewind wrote:A miracle can always happens.
Remember; every time you hear a bell, that’s the sound of Misha getting laid... Errrr, maybe this thought went wandering out into deep left field and got lost in the weeds. :oops:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL NOT GETTING THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE A MISHA PATH IN THE WHOLE OF GODDAMN ETERNITY
Bara

Post by Bara »

Blue123 wrote:WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL NOT GETTING THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE A MISHA PATH IN THE WHOLE OF GODDAMN ETERNITY
Uhhh, because reactions like this are funny? Oh, rhetorical question... never mind. :wink:

flurk

Post by flurk »

they're all just very bad trolls imo.

people who request misha path are also bad trolls.
Devvy

Post by Devvy »

Blue123 wrote:WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL NOT GETTING THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE A MISHA PATH IN THE WHOLE OF GODDAMN ETERNITY
You guys aren't getting what we're saying either.

We don't expect there to be a path, we just like to talk about it. It's more of a "what if..." type of thing, or rather we're just confinding in other fans of her that feel the same way.
silverleaftree

Post by silverleaftree »

I, too, came in search of a Misha path. But instead we get promises of her significant role in the other paths, so it's a reasonable consolidation.
GenericUsername

Post by GenericUsername »

Let me... apologize for how I acted. I was angry, I'll admit, since I'd grown so fond of Misha and to find that she didn't have a path hit me pretty hard. I think I tried to take it out on you guys, and not very well, either. Add to that the fact that it was early in the morning, and I think you can see why was like that, though perhaps not. In any case, I was being stupid.

Thanks for doing all of this, guys, it's a great (game?). I can't imagine putting so much time into something like this, you guys are awesome.
Devvy

Post by Devvy »

GenericUsername wrote:Let me... apologize for how I acted. I was angry, I'll admit, since I'd grown so fond of Misha and to find that she didn't have a path hit me pretty hard. I think I tried to take it out on you guys, and not very well, either. Add to that the fact that it was early in the morning, and I think you can see why was like that, though perhaps not. In any case, I was being stupid.

Thanks for doing all of this, guys, it's a great (game?). I can't imagine putting so much time into something like this, you guys are awesome.

Don't worry about it, I felt the same way, and had I not sit on here and lurked for a while first I would have probably gone off worse than you did.
Unami Araragi

Post by Unami Araragi »

Making a path for Misha...
That would be pretty complicated. She's a translator for Shizune, and as I remember... throughout the whole game you never see those two apart from each other. And making a Misha path would require Shizune to not take part in the "Misha x Hisao" fantasy bubble. In reality, Shizune needs Misha by her side, Misha can't just leave her alone more than she usually hasn't.

To sum it all up, Misha taking part in love interest is possible... just complicated. So yeah, no Misha path? Suprised me a little, but was expected.