Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Aura »

[16:19] <NicolArmarfi> yeah maybe lilly should have an ultra cane
[16:19] <cpl_crud> It uses vibrating buttons
[16:19] <cpl_crud> ...
[16:19] <Suriko> Oh u
[16:19] <Aura-> oh u
[16:19] <NicolArmarfi> oh u
[16:19] <NicolArmarfi> damn
[16:19] <Aura-> we need to do this
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Bara

Post by Bara »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:[16:19] <NicolArmarfi> yeah maybe lilly should have an ultra cane
[16:19] <cpl_crud> ...
[16:19] <Suriko> Oh u
[16:19] <Aura-> oh u
[16:19] <NicolArmarfi> oh u
[16:19] <NicolArmarfi> damn
[16:19] <Aura-> we need to do this
Niji, version 2.0
(Why am I hearing the opening for "The 6 Million Dollar Man" in my head?)

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

Hey, I have an idea about the Emi standing on tiptoes thing. It would make sense if she was trying out a prototype from the manufacturer; as an extra enthusiastic user, she would probably like that. Maybe name the manufacturer something fictional but recognizeable to experts. I have myself tried out equipment, sort of like beta-testing hardware.

As for Niji, how about Robo-Niji? That makes it a toy and not a real animal, amirite? (Don't take this seriously BTW.)
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
krabbymcnabby

Post by krabbymcnabby »

Hard to distiguish the difference between Mishi and Shizune, i also found some strange phasing
It should either be 'Maybe we should call someone.' or 'Should we call someone'.
Other than that, superb 10/10
Last edited by Silentcook on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed, and thanks.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

AnonymousOfNorway wrote:Hey, I have an idea about the Emi standing on tiptoes thing. It would make sense if she was trying out a prototype from the manufacturer; as an extra enthusiastic user, she would probably like that. Maybe name the manufacturer something fictional but recognizeable to experts. I have myself tried out equipment, sort of like beta-testing hardware.
Then it should be obvious from the text that she's wearing robot legs, not standard passive mechanical legs. I suggested a short phrase where Emi sits down to adjust and lock her feet to an obtuse angle but silentcook felt it detracted from the story. I respectfully disagree with him/her here and TheHiveMind hasn't commented on it yet.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

@krabbymcnabby: I agree. I usually distinguish between Misha and Shizune as there being a "~" at the end of Misha's lines that are actually Shizune's.

And: That's really SUPPOSED to be "Maybe we should call someone?" It's a common grammatical error one could run into.

:P
Hanako Lover
-rose

Post by -rose »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:[16:19] <NicolArmarfi> yeah maybe lilly should have an ultra cane
may I ask how did you know about this :P it's a very interesting idea, i had a thought about this, and i do use one in real life due to very low vision. The top button is for the top part of the body (say you move the cane around, and then suddenly you feel the top button vibrate it is because there's a person/tree/post in the way, the bottom one is for more your lower branches, cars, gutters, think that's about it. Plus I am thinking, maybe if your using Lily as a character, why not show that she can read braille and also there's many things out there that can help her with her aids, colouring and much more! ^_^ Just letting you guys know.

edit: when i mean colouring, i mean there's a device here out in Australia not sure if its anywhere else, but it's help the blind know what colours they're wearing (Okay I should get into the habit saying colors :P)
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

DuaneMoody wrote:I respectfully disagree with him/her here and TheHiveMind hasn't commented on it yet.
Probably because Hive's such a lazy fuck.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

AnonymousOfNorway wrote:
Unami Araragi wrote:How is it out of place? Makes sense to me. They can still see color and movements you know...
What? No, Lily is supposed to be completely blind. But I don't think it needs to be changed; the student might just be so stressed that he forgets who is blind and who is seeing.
Ignoring the retarded response by the other poster...my point, AoN, was that the student waving the spatula is also blind, so forgetting such a thing seems highly unlikely.
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

I think it is more of an unconcious action and not thought through. If you step on a nail in the company of only deaf people, you still would scream even if they can't hear.
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

That's an extreme example which doesn't apply here, as congenitally blind people would not have that instinctive need to wave to other blind people for attention. But, thinking about it now, that answers the issue: it's possible the other student is not congenitally blind, but rather recently so, or perhaps only has Kenji-level blindness. In either of those cases it's okay, I s'pose.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

He's legally/partially blind.

Which is a more common condition than 100% blindness.
Unami Araragi

Post by Unami Araragi »

Suriko wrote:He's legally/partially blind.

Partially blind is when a lot of stuff is very blurry from far away, but you can still figure out how it looks like. I know this because I am getting pretty close to that disability of what which Kenji has every year.
But 100% blindness,,, what's that like? Is everything black or what? (Is that what Lilly has?)
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Unami Araragi wrote:
Suriko wrote:He's legally/partially blind.

Partially blind is when a lot of stuff is very blurry from far away, but you can still figure out how it looks like. I know this because I am getting pretty close to that disability of what which Kenji has every year.
But 100% blindness,,, what's that like? Is everything black or what? (Is that what Lilly has?)
100% blindness (aka total blindness) is seeing nothing. At all. It is what Lilly has, and has had from birth.
Danzzy

Post by Danzzy »

The demo/Act 1 was really good one of the most original visual novel games i've ever played. Can't wait for the full game, I guess if it took this long for just Act 1 to be developed then it's gonna be a LONG time until the full game is announced and released.