Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Zarys »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Zarys wrote:sexist.
Sexist? What? How?
Most critizim about her is against her fans, so I think there is here a strong notion that a shy girl is at worst boring, but shy guys (thus hanabros since most of them relates with her) are unredeemable nerds that deserve scorn.
CoffeeDrive wrote: And sure it was horrible, he was just showing his dislike of Hanako. :lol:
Who knows how he would react if you have said "Yes" ? maybe he would cut you with something sharp like a knife, AND PERSONALY I WOULD KILL HIM WITH FIRE ! :evil: (Maybe being scared he would understand her pain)
And why he must insult all those like her ? It's like saying "Are you one of those lolicon that like Emi ?"
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Zarys: Sexism refers to a blanket hate against a particular gender (usually females) so using that word was not correct. A bit better of a word may be "rude" "uncultured" or "Idiotic." As is, the word sexist is also hot-button in America because of the strong Kenji relations from some males, and some radical feminists (or as they should be called, Matriarchals) are often fighting. The sidelines also get flak. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Applies best to the mindsets of these individuals. English is a very specific language when it comes to things like this, so a quick google search or using mroe words may be easier. (Rather than "sexist" something along the lines of "Cliqueist" or "that's a bad stereotype.")

Going deeper into the problem, I'd say that the majority of players are Hanabros, which means they have more pervs/idiots than other cliques/niches. It's similar to America, in a way, the majority of us are only minorly obese, don't smoke weed, aren't drunks, and live in cities, aren't in gangs, etc. But the most vocal minority tends to be along those lines.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

CoffeeDrive wrote:That happened to me at uni, was in a lecture, guy next to me is like "Hey man can i take a look at your Nexus tab? Thinking of buying one." So im like "Yeah sure."
4 seconds later
"Katawa Shoujo wallpaper huh, bet your one of the dweebs that likes Hanako."

Then we get into a discussion about how my waifu was Rin, his was Emi, and we dubbed ourselves "Limbless brothers"
Liking Hanako makes you a dweeb... are you insulting the Army?

Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote: And sure it was horrible, he was just showing his dislike of Hanako. :lol:
Who knows how he would react if you have said "Yes" ? maybe he would cut you with something sharp like a knife, AND PERSONALY I WOULD KILL HIM WITH FIRE ! :evil: (Maybe being scared he would understand her pain)
And why he must insult all those like her ? It's like saying "Are you one of those lolicon that like Emi ?"
The kinda guy that he is, he probably would say that if he didnt like Emi.

And he probably wouldve had a reasonable argument bout why emi was better than Hanako to be honest, no knives or fire involved. :lol:
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Zarys wrote:
The kinda guy that he is, he probably would say that if he didnt like Emi.
So he's Potato?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

We need an over-rustle counter. If you over-rustle three factions the thread gets shut down and we find the perp and dissect him. Forcefully.

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I don't have already over-rustle the Emibros and Shizunebros ?
But I'm stuck because my second favorite is Lilly (really very very very near Hanako) and I I still have not played the Route of Rin... :lol:
Last edited by Zarys on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

It'd need to be a general Over-Rustle. Like, Spunky for EmiBros, Zarys for Hanabros, Coffee for Rin, MegaMuru for Shizune, and maybe the Aussie for Lilly? Idunno (the new apple product, designed after SJ died.) Also, you haven't over-rustled anyone, as far as I know. I've over-rustled Spunky once, but that wasn't too bad.

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Broomhead wrote:Zarys: Sexism refers to a blanket hate against a particular gender (usually females) so using that word was not correct. A bit better of a word may be "rude" "uncultured" or "Idiotic." As is, the word sexist is also hot-button in America because of the strong Kenji relations from some males, and some radical feminists (or as they should be called, Matriarchals) are often fighting. The sidelines also get flak. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Applies best to the mindsets of these individuals. English is a very specific language when it comes to things like this, so a quick google search or using mroe words may be easier. (Rather than "sexist" something along the lines of "Cliqueist" or "that's a bad stereotype.")

Going deeper into the problem, I'd say that the majority of players are Hanabros, which means they have more pervs/idiots than other cliques/niches. It's similar to America, in a way, the majority of us are only minorly obese, don't smoke weed, aren't drunks, and live in cities, aren't in gangs, etc. But the most vocal minority tends to be along those lines.
Prefer the term double-standard if you want.
Because be less tolerant with a type of personnality if a person is male rather than female IS NOT a double-standard ? (I have read a lot of this bullshit in some "genderswap" threads here, the remarks about a "male Hanako" are just shocking) :lol: it's as a double-standard as says that a girl can't be sportive or have masculine hobbys (even if the case, boyish girls are many much more tolerated than effeminate guy)...
Evenf if the double-standards touch mainly the womans (In a societal sense, like salary) in our society and they remains oppressed in most of the world, what is wrong with said that there is some double-standards against mens ? introverts mens are less well regarded than introverted womans, (this is why the most common forms of male introversion are negatively seen : nerds are not well seen because they have nerds interests but because the nerds interests are the most natural interests of socially awkward guys, the traditionnal interests of shy girls are seen in a better way because they are less unliked by their own sex and the opposite sex, and even the "geek girls" that have the same interests that geek mens are astonishment more tolerated even by non-geek guys and non-geek womans, the only value for them will be her attraction but they are identical in the interests, because these interests in a men would be the mark of his social ankwardness... unless he proves that he is not introverted and it's why they are social geeks; so the "hate" against introverted guys is the true reason of the hate against nerds guys) this is logical because the competition between guys and the social norms want that the guy be enterprising and assured in the seduction but it's still a double-standard, like they are some reasons why girly girls don't like boyish girls and many guys don't want tomboys, but it's still a double-standard. (And if you find the part with the tomboys more shocking than the part with the shy guys, yes you are using a terrible double-standard for me)
Say otherwise would be like saying that being smaller than average is no more embarrassing for a man than for a woman while the norm is that the man is at least greater than his girlfriend/wife and say than not only one girl in the world will reject a guy because he is smaller than her.
Well, I begin to think that it's the USA who has a problem and not me. :mrgreen:

PS : My point was about the fact almost all the critizim about Hanako are about her fans. (Identified as introverted guys who relates like her) and even if it's was perhaps a joke, it's the sense of the insult used by the friend of Cofee. (used a synonym for "nerds")
It's supposed to be more tolerable than misogenist and fat jokes ? :roll:
Last edited by Zarys on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Broomhead wrote:I've over-rustled Spunky once, but that wasn't too bad.
You caught me in a good mood. Don't count on it again. :evil:
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Broomhead wrote:We need an over-rustle counter. If you over-rustle three factions the thread gets shut down and we find the perp and dissect him. Forcefully.
If a member over-rustles three factions he gets each factions name and a message tattoed on his/hers body.

I can just imagine the perp. His back says: "Best regards from Hanabro Army", his left boob "No clouds today, Rinfidel Inquisitorial Group", and above his right knee "Cut here, signed Emibro Execution Squad"

And then we can proceed to dissection. Forceful dissection.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

LordMarluxia wrote:
Broomhead wrote:We need an over-rustle counter. If you over-rustle three factions the thread gets shut down and we find the perp and dissect him. Forcefully.
If a member over-rustles three factions he gets each factions name and a message tattoed on his/hers body.

I can just imagine the perp. His back says: "Best regards from Hanabro Army", his left boob "No clouds today, Rinfidel Inquisitorial Group", and above his right knee "Cut here, signed Emibro Execution Squad"

Quick correction: If we don't kill him first, it's vivisection.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Zarys has a point. Hanako is undeniably cute, but it's amazing how fast a lot of people would condemn most of her behaviors and stigmatize them in a much harsher light if she didn't have boobs.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

LordMarluxia wrote:

I guess that leaves the Shizuists and Lilithians to sit back and share popcorns
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Megumeru wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote:

I guess that leaves the Shizuists and Lilithians to sit back and share popcorns
I have this sudden eager to play a game of Risk after this conversation.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic