Telling friends and/or family?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

d2r

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by d2r »

Silentcook wrote:Thread merging happened. Don't panic.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
ShadowKnight

Post by ShadowKnight »

I told a few friends just to try a game called "Katawa Shoujo" without explaining it. One guy is just to lazy to read, don't know about the others, but i will ask them in about a week.

Today i explained the game to my stepsister... Felt awkward, very awkward, but to my surpries she told me, that she wants to play it, and i have to show her the game :D I tried to avoid spoilers and i hope she will like it :D
fetusthebard

Post by fetusthebard »

I actually told my partner before anyone else. I get the urge to come back around this time each year. They wanted to know why.
That's an entirely different conversation.
But regardless I told them about the game. And decided that it would be best to let them figure it out.
Hanako was a obvious choice. And Lilly. But they haven't gotten through much more than the first bit. Not even to festival prep really.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I got my friend to play it today via proxy. Had a better, stronger friend invite him over then screen share over skype. It was cringe inducing to the highest degree.

"That's Misha, with the pink hair."
"Oh what's wrong with her?"
*Both me and the host cringe*

"If this is a dating sim, when do I actually get to DATE this girl?"
"You haven't even met all of them yet!"
"Tell me which one has the most sex scenes."
"No comment and you wouldn't dare."

I think I was much more sensitive to things like that Post-KS than before, but it shocked me to hear someone talk like that.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Broomhead wrote:I got my friend to play it today via proxy. Had a better, stronger friend invite him over then screen share over skype. It was cringe inducing to the highest degree.

"That's Misha, with the pink hair."
"Oh what's wrong with her?"
*Both me and the host cringe*

"If this is a dating sim, when do I actually get to DATE this girl?"
"You haven't even met all of them yet!"
"Tell me which one has the most sex scenes."
"No comment and you wouldn't dare."

I think I was much more sensitive to things like that Post-KS than before, but it shocked me to hear someone talk like that.
Don't worry my friend, let KS fill them with feelings of tenderness and melancholy and stuff and they will mend their ways.
I too seem more sensitive regarding things like these.

And somehow... I haven't fapped since I finished Hanako's story. That makes it almost two weeks.
Did anyone lose interest like this??
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

LordMarluxia wrote: And somehow... I haven't fapped since I finished Hanako's story. That makes it almost two weeks.
ONE OF US ONE OF US! THE RITUAL HAS BEGUN!

Happens to most of the people on these forums.

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Broomhead wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote: And somehow... I haven't fapped since I finished Hanako's story. That makes it almost two weeks.

It took me a few days.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Nope. Went on fakku the following night, after starting my next path, which took about 15 minutes after finishing emis.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
LordMarluxia

Post by LordMarluxia »

Broomhead wrote:

I don't get it truly.

It's been an daily (almost) ritual since I was like... 11.
And now... all of a sudden. "Maybe I'll... naaah"

Wait a second... one of you? A ritual? IS THERE SOME CULT HERE?
HANABRO ARMY UNITED (I should make a logo for this)

Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

LordMarluxia wrote: I don't get it truly.

To be more direct, it does seem to happen to a lot of people here (didn't really happen to me) even to the point of someone mentioning it in their signature. I have no psychological explanation, but it could be that you're in love? As far as I know (I am often wrong on this subject) falling in love/seeing someone you're in love with often lowers testosterone in males, which may make you less likely to feel the need. Although, I've noticed my showers are significantly shorter than before, so that may be a sign.

Does still wanking mean I have high or low will-power compared to other people? 0.0

I'm back in action.
LordMarluxia

Post by LordMarluxia »

Broomhead wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote: I don't get it truly.

To be more direct, it does seem to happen to a lot of people here (didn't really happen to me) even to the point of someone mentioning it in their signature. I have no psychological explanation, but it could be that you're in love? As far as I know (I am often wrong on this subject) falling in love/seeing someone you're in love with often lowers testosterone in males, which may make you less likely to feel the need. Although, I've noticed my showers are significantly shorter than before, so that may be a sign.

Does still wanking mean I have high or low will-power compared to other people? 0.0
I've been in love for 4 years now. I have a loving and sincere relationship with a lovely girl. And we do have sex.
But even then, I always felt the NEED to do it. Very rarely I did for true sexual drive. It's just... I started doing it to release stress from the bullying when I was younger. And even after overcoming those problems I always did it. I'd feel nervous and unprotected if I didn't. And now all of a sudden... nope. No need.

Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

LordMarluxia wrote: I've been in love for 4 years now. I have a loving and sincere relationship with a lovely girl. And we do have sex.
But even then, I always felt the NEED to do it. Very rarely I did for true sexual drive. It's just... I started doing it to release stress from the bullying when I was younger. And even after overcoming those problems I always did it. I'd feel nervous and unprotected if I didn't. And now all of a sudden... nope. No need.
I did not want to belittle that. I just make blanket statements so I don't get personal and I can copy paste responses.

In your case, then, if it was a form of emotional release, then most likely KS released those emotions more efficiently. I personally found myself feeling happier and more satisfied with life overall after finishing Lilly/Hanako/Emi, which is what lead to my drawing, interest to get into shape, and improving of physical appearance. (I've been skinny as hell all my life, thought distantly about doing Emi runs. Then settled for artsing and taking care of my face.)

I'm back in action.
LordMarluxia

Post by LordMarluxia »

Broomhead wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote: I've been in love for 4 years now. I have a loving and sincere relationship with a lovely girl. And we do have sex.
I did not want to belittle that. I just make blanket statements so I don't get personal and I can copy paste responses.

In your case, then, if it was a form of emotional release, then most likely KS released those emotions more efficiently. I personally found myself feeling happier and more satisfied with life overall after finishing Lilly/Hanako/Emi, which is what lead to my drawing, interest to get into shape, and improving of physical appearance. (I've been skinny as hell all my life, thought distantly about doing Emi runs. Then settled for artsing and taking care of my face.)
That's probably it then. Can't believe this is changing me so much...
I haven't drawn in two years. I haven't picked Alice in two years. (Alice is my guitar). I haven't written anything is over five years...
Suddenly, I feel the need to draw, play and write, all at the same time. And I don't have the time to do it. I've drawn the sprite for Hanako, just to get started again and may post something here when I have something more concrete.
Playing guitar however... it's being hard getting back into it. It seems to have forgotten everything!
As for writing... I just need time to do it. My mind is full of ideas, but never the time to put them into paper.

It's good to finally start taking care of yourself, and trust me, seeing changes happen after trying hard is very very satisfying.
It's too bad

fumiga

Post by fumiga »

Broomhead wrote:

Interesting, I thought I was the only one who was affected by the game that way.
After I started playing KS, I was slowly losing interest in doing it, but the few times I did I ended up feeling kinda guilty. It's been some time since the last time I did, I haven't fapped since I started Lilly's story (I'm still playing).
Broomhead wrote: In your case, then, if it was a form of emotional release, then most likely KS released those emotions more efficiently. I personally found myself feeling happier and more satisfied with life overall after finishing Lilly/Hanako/Emi, which is what lead to my drawing, interest to get into shape, and improving of physical appearance. (I've been skinny as hell all my life, thought distantly about doing Emi runs. Then settled for artsing and taking care of my face.)
That is what I find the most fascinating, since I started playing I started to become a more sensitive person, taking more care with my opinions when talking with others, becoming more respectful, more thoughtful and kind. I also started to feel happier and more careful with my health, I developed a greater taste for reading and exercising (I blame Emi and her puppy dog eyes ^^).

It's nice to see that the game actually had a significant impact on the lives of some people (and that I wasn't the only one who felt this way).

In response to the topic, I never talked about the game, not with my family or my friends. My family would never understand, none of my relatives is interested in any type of game, not even my cousins ​​and I have no friends who would be interested, for most of them any game related to Japan or Asian culture, is hentai and is made for perverts and stupid people.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

I remain utterly baffled at to how playing some VN leads to fap guilt. Emotions (KS) and lust (fapping) aren't even mutually exclusive...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."